Photobucket

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/08/2014 1:21 am  #1

Olde boston bulldog

Anybody have them or are interested in starting a breeding project? I'd like to work with a couple of people to make it happen.

Lately  the word "friend" has become a scarce word. A sickening game of watchfulness toward offered friendships- Bruce Lee

4/14/2014 5:43 am  #2

Re: Olde boston bulldog

what did you have in mind?

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

6/01/2014 7:25 pm  #3

Uncle Ish wrote:

what did you have in mind?

I'm looking to start a project for a small to medium working bulldog sometime after I get done with school.  sort of a re-creation of what boston terriers used to be.

Lately  the word "friend" has become a scarce word. A sickening game of watchfulness toward offered friendships- Bruce Lee

6/02/2014 9:01 pm  #4

I have something similar in mind...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

6/06/2014 7:38 pm  #5

Uncle Ish wrote:

I have something similar in mind...

what types of dogs are planning on using? Do you plan to work the dogs being used? In what ways do you plan to work said dogs?

6/09/2014 6:59 pm  #6

I will use functional dogs that wont break down living the life of a dog... looking to produce a utility dog, a jack of all trades master of none type... but with a unique look that breeds true...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

6/14/2014 3:15 pm  #7

Uncle Ish wrote:

I will use functional dogs that wont break down living the life of a dog... looking to produce a utility dog, a jack of all trades master of none type... but with a unique look that breeds true...

Sounds like we are on the same page. I'm not wanting an extreme dog in any fashion except trainability, working ability, and health. There are too many High dollar pets being produced as it is,  let alone  creating a new type for the pet market.

6/18/2014 12:51 am  #8

I like this I wanted to take a olde bitch to a boston and then  maybe cut in a functional ab one time and go back to an olde boston mix

"Where being a bully won't get ya sent to the principal."

http://i43.tinypic.com/2z5q2pj.jpg

6/18/2014 3:45 pm  #9

jkbulls wrote:

I like this I wanted to take a olde bitch to a boston and then maybe cut in a functional ab one time and go back to an olde boston mix

I was thinking something similar. Maybe leavitt olde to boston. that cross to a  hybrid AB/ boston cross. Might be interesting.

6/24/2014 5:02 pm  #10

I have owned a good boston and they can be gritty dogs... it was by owning one that I became a fan of the breed...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

6/27/2014 5:20 pm  #11

Uncle Ish wrote:

I have owned a good boston and they can be gritty dogs... it was by owning one that I became a fan of the breed...

i think that will be the hard part nowadays. Finding a good boston. I know where I can find working AB's. I have a slight lead on some good Leavitt oldes. but good healthy drivey bostons are hard to come by. especially ones in the 20- 30 pound range.

7/01/2014 8:36 pm  #12

Look up Nathaniel Rutan...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

7/02/2014 10:17 pm  #13

Google his working line...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

7/03/2014 1:15 am  #14

Uncle Ish wrote:

I owned a boston- very smart and have a ton of heart

"Where being a bully won't get ya sent to the principal."

http://i43.tinypic.com/2z5q2pj.jpg

7/04/2014 7:11 pm  #15

Exactly... She  was puppymill bred..

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

7/04/2014 8:28 pm  #16

jkbulls wrote:

Uncle Ish wrote:

I owned a boston- very smart and have a ton of heart

One of my neighbors had one. I'm guessing 25lbs lean. Ran all day in NC heat(98+ degrees with 85-95%humidity) super fun and drivey as hell. That dog is kinda my model for this project.

7/07/2014 11:07 am  #17

You find any breeders with the larger stock?

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

7/09/2014 2:35 pm  #18

Uncle Ish wrote:

You find any breeders with the larger stock?

Supposedly there is one a town over from me.  Not sure if they are still breeding. I'll check around .Plenty of boston breeders in NC.

7/14/2014 3:58 pm  #19

Let me know what you find...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

8/09/2014 11:35 am  #20

I was walking shelter dogs when this dog was surrendered. She is 3/4 BT and 1/4 Dachhund. At 2 years old she wasn't even housebroken, had never been to a vet and was a Parvo survivor. She is the best dog of my life by 100% at least. I have tried to post a link to her doing freestyle but I have to post twice first two times so bear with me.

DL

Last edited by DL (8/09/2014 11:35 am)

8/09/2014 11:36 am  #21

second required post

8/09/2014 11:38 am  #22

Hers's Bess a year ago doing freestyle;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCUa7Su-eGw

DL

8/10/2014 10:06 am  #23

Great job David... It's been years since we last spoke... She is a awesome little dog...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

8/22/2014 3:24 pm  #24

Oops. Wrong link.
Here she is as of a year ago; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlSMAAKU-uo&feature=youtu.be

DL

8/22/2014 7:20 pm  #25

DL she is awesome what are your plans with her?

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

Board footera