Photobucket

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/09/2015 12:08 pm  #1

Puppy Prices$$ ????

I been looking to get me a couple of pups and I have been doing some search in the web , I have come across some breeders selling pups for $1500 and up and the parents or grandparents haven't any health test whatsoever and no achievement in any venue and to tell you the truth their dogs looks like have very poor structure...the only claim they have is that they look good, lol .. is this fair? would you stay away from this breeders

6/09/2015 12:15 pm  #2

Re: Puppy Prices$$ ????

What kinda dog are you looking for exactly??? 50,Dailey, SS???

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

6/10/2015 10:29 am  #3

Newbies are the suckers of the breed and have to pay before you can play. Just sayin..

Trey

6/11/2015 9:08 am  #4

Alot of times newbies definitely get taken.  But also people alot of the time will keep their prices higher in the feeling they dont want to discount their dogs.  Personally my prices depend of where I intend them to go to, if they are intended to go to their forever pet home then yes I will drop the price to make them more affordable to the average family that just wants an american bulldog for their home,  if i want to see them end up in a show/working home then yes i have no problem going with the standard prices.

but we have to remember these dogs are a cash cow for alot.  just because they do not put out 2 or 3 litters a year doesnt mean as much.  1000 - 1500 per pup in a litter of 6= go ahead and pull out a calculator and do the math.  thats still 6-9 thousand extra dough for them.  no one that needs money from these dogs will admit it but it definitely happens.  I have had a few yards (will not be mentioned) tell me yes they like to use litters to send them on a vacation every now and then.   the american bulldog is still the pitbull of the 90's; alot of people are just breeding because they feel like they can make a quick buck every now and then.  hey to each his own.  no way to know each persons motivation, 

This isnt a one breeding thing.  this is a process. 

Bulldawg Battalion
www.bulldawgbattalionkennels.com

6/11/2015 10:25 am  #5

Yes, what I think is..if you dogs are not health test of any kin and not achievement in anything..why the $1500+ prices?

6/11/2015 1:27 pm  #6

Health testing and show ribbons help but shouldn't be the only deciding factor in purchasing a puppy...

Those two things alone don't insure quality to warrant a higher price tag...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

6/13/2015 11:47 am  #7

People I know have great dogs, great pups, and great prices.  There are those who try and scam people out of as much money as they can.  Then there are people who just want to ensure their pups go to a great home.  We just helped with two breedings.  Great dogs that bring back some Old School blood to the front of the peds!!

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j114/churchiller/AdobeIllustratorCCScreenSnapz043.jpg

Board footera