Photobucket

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/24/2015 10:29 pm  #51

Re: Ben Carson

jamesporch wrote:

sgreen wrote:

I am curious for those that believe Obama is so great.......do you have substantially better jobs today to provide for your families than you had under Bush?

Regardless of party, IMO the President that puts more folks to work full time is the President that truly has a legacy.

Absolutely we are better off than we were 8 years ago under Bush... Steve you smoking some serious drugs if you believe otherswise... Obama brought this country out of a deep recession without any rebublican help... Lets imgagine how much more we'd be further along with repblican support.... At the Height of the bush depression unemployment reached 10%.... Obama brought us a better outlook and prosperity... Agreed????

• Unemployment went from 7.2 percent to 5.1 percent.
  • Gas prices went from $3.24 to $2.31.
  • Percentage of uninsured went from 15 percent to 9.2 percent.
  • Oil imports went from 11 million barrels per day to 4.5 million.
  • Teen pregnancy went from 40.2 births per thousand to 26.5.
  • Iran went from 19,000 centrifuges to under 6,000.
  • GDP growth went up from -.3 percent to 3.7 percent.
  • The Dow Jones average went from 10,365 to 16,000.

Fact

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b637/NickLew83/received_775358079199861_zpsxwt1icfd.jpeg

9/25/2015 2:34 am  #52

Lost Bloodline wrote:

jamesporch wrote:

sgreen wrote:

I am curious for those that believe Obama is so great.......do you have substantially better jobs today to provide for your families than you had under Bush?

Regardless of party, IMO the President that puts more folks to work full time is the President that truly has a legacy.

Absolutely we are better off than we were 8 years ago under Bush... Steve you smoking some serious drugs if you believe otherswise... Obama brought this country out of a deep recession without any rebublican help... Lets imgagine how much more we'd be further along with repblican support.... At the Height of the bush depression unemployment reached 10%.... Obama brought us a better outlook and prosperity... Agreed????

Fact

It's hard to understand why there is a record number of Americans requiring welfare based upon the rosy picture you guys paint as "fact" of Obama's America???

Your grasp on basic economics is interesting.  I also wonder why Obama's administration has had to borrow more in national debt than all presidents in history combined if business and life is so great??? 

9/25/2015 6:34 am  #53

well Steve , you probably know the reason is called the "labor participation rate" , which is people over 16 not working  , it has only been at  at a higher percentage  than the current 37.2 % twice in history  , 1978 and 1948 , which translates in actual numbers  to the most unemployed people in the history of this country .....and this number does not reflect  the 20-30 million undocumented folks in this country ……..

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/record-94031000-americans-not-labor-force-participation-rate-stuck-38-year

Record 94,031,000 Americans Not in Labor Force; Participation Rate Stuck at 38-Year Low for 3rd Straight Month

the stock market  ,  is manipulated by the fed ...............

for all but 1 of the last 30yrs the fed chair has been either a Reagan appointee  . or a Bush appointee

quantatative easing  added 3- 4 trillion to the national debt   ……. The policy looks to me like  getting a credit card with a high interest  rate to pay off your debt so you don’t have to file bankruptcy ????

After an unprecedented 1,000-point decline at the open on Monday, the Dow closed with a loss of nearly 600 points.
http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/24/investing/stocks-markets-selloff-china-crash-dow/

the countries credit rating

The 2011 S&P downgrade was the first time the government was given a rating below AAA

Egan-Jones cut its rating a second time on April 5, 2012 from AA+ to AA "because of the lack of any tangible progress on addressing the problems and the continued rise in debt to GDP

On October 17, 2013 Dagong Global Credit Rating downgraded the United States from A to A-, and maintained a negative outlook on the country's credit

Barack ObamaThe debt grew the most dollar-wise during President Obama's term. He added $6.167 trillion, a 53% increase, in six years. 
George W. Bush - President Bush added the second greatest amount to the debt, at $5.849 trillion..... in 8yrs

……..

Last edited by me (9/25/2015 7:01 am)

9/25/2015 7:10 am  #54

and Nick , no i do not believe in trickle down economics as it was applied , that should be obvious to everyone ........... i also don't believe i should pay a higher percentage of tax because i've raised myself up to make more money than the next guy ....... i pay more actual dollars paying the same percentage rate as everyone else

Last edited by me (9/25/2015 7:11 am)

9/25/2015 7:34 am  #55

me wrote:

well Steve , you probably know the reason is called the "labor participation rate" , which is people over 16 not working  , it has only been at  at a higher percentage  than the current 37.2 % twice in history  , 1978 and 1948 , which translates in actual numbers  to the most unemployed people in the history of this country .....and this number does not reflect  the 20-30 million undocumented folks in this country ……..

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/record-94031000-americans-not-labor-force-participation-rate-stuck-38-year

Record 94,031,000 Americans Not in Labor Force; Participation Rate Stuck at 38-Year Low for 3rd Straight Month

for all but 1 of the last 30yrs the fed chair has been either a Reagan appointee  . or a Bush appointee

quantatative easing  added 3- 4 trillion to the national debt   ……. The policy looks to me like  getting a credit card with a high interest  rate to pay off your debt so you don’t have to file bankruptcy ????

After an unprecedented 1,000-point decline at the open on Monday, the Dow closed with a loss of nearly 600 points.
http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/24/investing/stocks-markets-selloff-china-crash-dow/

The 2011 S&P downgrade was the first time the government was given a rating below AAA

Egan-Jones cut its rating a second time on April 5, 2012 from AA+ to AA "because of the lack of any tangible progress on addressing the problems and the continued rise in debt to GDP

On October 17, 2013 Dagong Global Credit Rating downgraded the United States from A to A-, and maintained a negative outlook on the country's credit

Barack ObamaThe debt grew the most dollar-wise during President Obama's term. He added $6.167 trillion, a 53% increase, in six years. 
George W. Bush - President Bush added the second greatest amount to the debt, at $5.849 trillion..... in 8yrs

……..

'
Of course I realize this.  I'm just amazed how folks can speak highly of Obama and keep a straight face.  If he were as smart as he claims.....the guy with the answers....then he would have fixed Illinois's problems when he was there and he would have done the same on the National level.  It's quite obvious that his ideals will not fix either.

Now of course the folks who get a little jingle in their pocket from Obama, or a free phone, or free Obamacare, etc. might think thats great but the reality is Obama isnt the guy paying that bill!  It's amazing how cheaply the masses can be bought.

9/25/2015 7:53 am  #56

sgreen wrote:

Lost Bloodline wrote:

jamesporch wrote:

Fact

It's hard to understand why there is a record number of Americans requiring welfare based upon the rosy picture you guys paint as "fact" of Obama's America???

Your grasp on basic economics is interesting. I also wonder why Obama's administration has had to borrow more in national debt than all presidents in history combined if business and life is so great???

More dribble... You hate the current Potus so much that you will not give him his credit for fixing the Bush recession? Wow, the haters will hate..... "Record number of Americans on welfare"...... Again, this was one of the causes of the Bush recession or was that to much for you comprehend? Remember the economy was shedding 750K jobs per month when Obama took office? Did you expect those folks to go without eating? BTW the vast majority of people currently getting assistance do work, we all know of someone in this situation...  

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj197/jamesporch/SunshinePlaymaker_zps2df3e6ce.jpg

9/25/2015 8:28 am  #57

me wrote:

……..

I don't know if you remember the bailout in the beginning of Obama's term and why it had happen or does that not fit your agenda????? The numbers your bringing up are a direct result of that. 

Obama's numbers aren't doing anything but improving despite all your fuzzy math.

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b637/NickLew83/received_775358079199861_zpsxwt1icfd.jpeg

9/25/2015 8:34 am  #58

me wrote:

and Nick , no i do not believe in trickle down economics as it was applied , that should be obvious to everyone ........... i also don't believe i should pay a higher percentage of tax because i've raised myself up to make more money than the next guy ....... i pay more actual dollars paying the same percentage rate as everyone else

Face it Mark, Govt deregulations have been a epic failure for this Country since the 80's. The rich have gotten richer and the and it has sunk the middle class. 

9/25/2015 9:01 am  #59

i believe to fully understand "bush's recession" , you need to understand the repercussions of LBJ's privatization of fannie mae in order to make his budget look better and fund the vietnam war ......

in 2007   2.1% of households were recieving public assistance
1n 2012   2.9% of households were recieving  public assistance

A public assistance household is one in which every member receives some kind of public income- maintenance payments

9/25/2015 9:28 am  #60

Lost Bloodline wrote:

Face it Mark, Govt deregulations have been a epic failure for this Country since the 80's. The rich have gotten richer and the and it has sunk the middle class. 

Nick , which deregulations ? i help manage  a company in ohio , while i see enough regulations to make you dizzy , i haven't seen any deregulations ......... seems to me one of the factors in moving out of the country has been less regulation which translates to lower cost ........... china is allowed to pollute the enviroment at a rate unseen in 50yrs , actually unseen in history  , until something like 2030 , and then they will consider what limit would be agreeable to them , while  we agreed to cut are emissions like in half by 2020 ........... doesn't exactley sound like a fair deal to me ????

9/25/2015 9:48 am  #61

jamesporch wrote:

sgreen wrote:

Lost Bloodline wrote:

Fact

Your grasp on basic economics is interesting. I also wonder why Obama's administration has had to borrow more in national debt than all presidents in history combined if business and life is so great???

More dribble... You hate the current Potus so much that you will not give him his credit for fixing the Bush recession? Wow, the haters will hate..... "Record number of Americans on welfare"...... Again, this was one of the causes of the Bush recession or was that to much for you comprehend? Remember the economy was shedding 750K jobs per month when Obama took office? Did you expect those folks to go without eating? BTW the vast majority of people currently getting assistance do work, we all know of someone in this situation...  

Hate???  Hahaha!  That's silly.  I don't know the man personally and IMO it would be hard to hate a person without it being personal. 

Frankly, I wish he had succeeded but I just don't see it.  You keep throwing up figures and it reminds me of the saying....."liars figure and figures lie".  At the end of the day, the proof is always in the pudding.  People manipulate the numbers to tell the story they want told but we can all look around and see that vast numbers of people are out of work.  Even as you say, many that are working have low paying jobs that still require them to be on assistance.  If that is Obama being successful then we just have different opinions of success.

What I'm seeing is that his "success" on the national scene is about the same as the "successs" of the state of Illinois. 

When you guys still blame Bush for eveything under the sun is that just you "hating"??? Hahaha.  BTW, how many years after Barry leaves office do we get to put all blame for everything on his shoulders?????

9/25/2015 10:21 am  #62

me wrote:

……..

I have to say ME.. you get "IT". If you understand economics, finance, and the effect of quantitative easing, then you understand the current state of the country in truth. President Obama (I feel the same way about W.) certainly is not the worst president, but he certainly is far from the best. The idea that he contributed to lower oil prices and robust economic growth is laughable. Those are numbers poll makers trot out to trick the unitiated and the band wagon jumpers. 

And for anyone that was actually paying attention, Obama has literally been the theWORST president in the hitsory of the United States in terms of civil liberties, prosectuing whistle blowers, and upholding the constitution. I was one of the dummies who actually thought by voting for him his first term we would get "change". I was still in my teens so that is my excuse haha. Definitely didn't get my vote the second term. 

9/25/2015 11:31 am  #63

Ranovr32 wrote:

me wrote:

……..

I have to say ME.. you get "IT". If you understand economics, finance, and the effect of quantitative easing, then you understand the current state of the country in truth. President Obama (I feel the same way about W.) certainly is not the worst president, but he certainly is far from the best. The idea that he contributed to lower oil prices and robust economic growth is laughable. Those are numbers poll makers trot out to trick the unitiated and the band wagon jumpers. 

And for anyone that was actually paying attention, Obama has literally been the theWORST president in the hitsory of the United States in terms of civil liberties, prosectuing whistle blowers, and upholding the constitution. I was one of the dummies who actually thought by voting for him his first term we would get "change". I was still in my teens so that is my excuse haha. Definitely didn't get my vote the second term. 

Wait republicans said if Obama was elected gas would soar up to 8 dollars a gallon and he would be the blame for that, now when the gas prices and foreign oil dependency has gone down it has nothing to do with him??? Now people are fixing the numbers, but the same way the numbers were calculated before him are the same way they are now!

You ever notice how many miles per gallon these new cars get now? Who do you think is responsible for that?

9/25/2015 12:11 pm  #64

Lost Bloodline wrote:

Ranovr32 wrote:

me wrote:

……..

Wait republicans said if Obama was elected gas would soar up to 8 dollars a gallon and he would be the blame for that, now when the gas prices and foreign oil dependency has gone down it has nothing to do with him??? Now people are fixing the numbers, but the same way the numbers were calculated before him are the same way they are now!

You ever notice how many miles per gallon these new cars get now? Who do you think is responsible for that?

I'm not a republican or democrat, so I don't have a dog in the fight. Both parties have their issues, I am fiscally conservaitve and socially pretty liberal. Basically a libertarian with a conciensce. That being said you are wrong about a few things...

1. The republicans would have absolutely been correct with regard to the oil price. Obama along with a lot of other left wing politicians were trying to cram epa regulations down the throat of the american people, businesses, and the car companies. Cap and trade, regs that would hinder natural gas production, and stricter emissions standards that would put us at a severe disadvantage to some of our rivals like India, China, and Russia who polute as much as they want. These were fought tooth and nail, thankfully they didn't pass.

2. Aside from regulation through the EPA, the president actually has very very little influence over the price of oil/barrel. The reason that oil is so cheap right now is because there hae been several new large producing sights throughout the world which are bearing crude at rates that were not predictable 5-10 years ago. On top of that, natural gas production, shale oil, and american production has grown dramatically. It is simple supply and demand. There is much more supply now then there was when Obama first took office. The dramatic increase in teh price of oil during the Bush administration actually had much more to do with futures trading and artifically created shortages than anything else. It was a bullish market, until it wasn't - which precipatated the drop in oil/barrel. Combine that with the factors mentioned above and now we are back down to that $37-45 per barrel range where we whould be.

3. The president doesn't have jack Shizzy to do with the increasing mpg of todays cars. Sure he has worked with the epa to increase mpg standards. But if you actually look at what they wanted the automotive industry was going that way anyway. Certainly the European and Japanese carmakers had already been there for decades. The price of gas was so cheap here that they didn't bother pushing those type of economy cars in this market. I don't know if you realize a car that comes out in 2015 was engineered idk maybe 2002-2004 and tested then finally brought to market a decade later. So the idea that Obama had anything to do with the mpg in todays cars is just off.

9/25/2015 12:28 pm  #65

Nick the reason gas prices are so low is not american independance from oil , it's technology in extracting it , the fact china's demand has dwindled and  saudarabia has chosen to overproduce and drive the price down , i have to think lifting the sanctions on iran will add to the price war .....oil is a demand driven price .. the only real impact the government has on oil is taxing it ........ seems i remember folks blaming Bush  for high oil prices , something to do with his families oil investments ???? that was as ridiculous as thinking Obama is responsible for the low prices ..... i actually think when Obama took office a barrel of oil was $50-60 , what is it today ? i believe in Bushes tenure it was down around $25-30 a barrel and as high as $150..a barrel.....

i actually believe the government started pushing for energy efficient automobiles in the 1980's when a barrel of oil was like $120 , would be like a $200 plus barrel of oil today

9/25/2015 1:24 pm  #66

Ranovr32 , i thought Obama getting elected was a positive indication on the country ..... i would agree there is a lot more to it than obama , bush  ,democrat  ,or republican ....... it's a tough time to be president of the United States , he didn't do terrible , but he had the opportunity to do a lot better on some things , and some stuff wasn't going to look good no matter what he did ...........  i like Rubio , but personally  i just got a hunch Ben Carson as mild mannered as he is  , is a dog when you give him a task .......

9/25/2015 1:30 pm  #67

Caterpillar announces that they are laying off 10,000 workers. 

If you don't understand the significance of this or choose to blame Bush Hahahahah for this layoff then there is simply little hope for you and you will more than likely not succeed under any administration.

9/25/2015 1:44 pm  #68

me wrote:

Ranovr32 , i thought Obama getting elected was a positive indication on the country ..... i would agree there is a lot more to it than obama , bush  ,democrat  ,or republican ....... it's a tough time to be president of the United States , he didn't do terrible , but he had the opportunity to do a lot better on some things , and some stuff wasn't going to look good no matter what he did ...........  i like Rubio , but personally  i just got a hunch Ben Carson as mild mannered as he is  , is a dog when you give him a task .......

I like Carson, I hate Rubio. Rubio is here in south FL and I know to much about him and have had to many people I trust recount personal interractions relating to him where he came off as a slimeball. He is to hacky and changes his position just to get votes. Can't stand that type of person. He has a cool story, he is a great speaker, and is very smart. He would essentially be the Repbulican version of Barrack Obama if elected. He has 0 real world experience and has really only been in the national politcal scene a very small time compared to the other candidates.

Also, I have 0 doubt that Carson is a bulldog when it comes down to putting in work. You don't get to where he is from where he is from without havign that type of an attitude. I have to say though, I am a little scared of the fact that he relied on many of the same campaign financers as the rest of the candidates. That is the best thing about Trump imo. At least you know you are getting decisions from the man in charge, not the people behind him. 

9/25/2015 6:01 pm  #69

9/25/2015 6:10 pm  #70

sgreen wrote:

jamesporch wrote:

sgreen wrote:

Hate???  Hahaha!  That's silly.  I don't know the man personally and IMO it would be hard to hate a person without it being personal. 

Frankly, I wish he had succeeded but I just don't see it.  You keep throwing up figures and it reminds me of the saying....."liars figure and figures lie".  At the end of the day, the proof is always in the pudding.  People manipulate the numbers to tell the story they want told but we can all look around and see that vast numbers of people are out of work.  Even as you say, many that are working have low paying jobs that still require them to be on assistance.  If that is Obama being successful then we just have different opinions of success.

What I'm seeing is that his "success" on the national scene is about the same as the "successs" of the state of Illinois. 

When you guys still blame Bush for eveything under the sun is that just you "hating"??? Hahaha.  BTW, how many years after Barry leaves office do we get to put all blame for everything on his shoulders?????

You don't see it because you're to blinded by that fact that a person with the last name of Obama fixed a 10% unemplyoment rate, economy driven off a cliff, 2 wars, all that his predecessors (Bush) left behind...

What is there to blame on Obama after he leaves office? A 5.1% unemployment rate, Dow trading at 17,000+... I would put a list of accomplishments together but the web page might tke 3 minutes to load up........ Steve, again you hate our current Potus so much you will give credit to the many fixes this man has accomplished during his tenure as Potus... SMDH....

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj197/jamesporch/SunshinePlaymaker_zps2df3e6ce.jpg

9/25/2015 6:13 pm  #71

This was finalized in 2012

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/08/28/obama-administration-finalizes-historic-545-mpg-fuel-efficiency-standard

You guys are talking about he's making it unfair for the US because we are cutting down the smog and pollution in this country and nobody else is?

I heard Rubio in the debate mention there that we weren't making a dent in the world's pollution by doing our fair share of regulating what we put in the ozone.  It's just sick to me that people can actually think this way. Very inhumane.

9/25/2015 7:01 pm  #72

jamesporch wrote:

sgreen wrote:

jamesporch wrote:

You don't see it because you're to blinded by that fact that a person with the last name of Obama fixed a 10% unemplyoment rate, economy driven off a cliff, 2 wars, all that his predecessors (Bush) left behind...

What is there to blame on Obama after he leaves office? A 5.1% unemployment rate, Dow trading at 17,000+... I would put a list of accomplishments together but the web page might tke 3 minutes to load up........ Steve, again you hate our current Potus so much you will give credit to the many fixes this man has accomplished during his tenure as Potus... SMDH....

Exactly James 2014 was the best year for job creation this century and funny it's the first full year that Obama's economic plans took place and taxed the rich and corporations, being that most of the Bush tax cuts for the rich to trickle down those jobs ended in 2013. Basically proves that that doesn't work and actually taxing rich people the same way poor people are taxed actually helped the economy. Go figure.

9/25/2015 7:15 pm  #73

US. Department of TransportationNational Highway Traffic SafetyAdministration

Fuel Economy and Annual Travel for Passenger Cars and Light Trucks:

DOT HS 806 971 May 1986
NHTSA Technical Report
http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/806971.pdf 

EPA History
EPA was established on December 2, 1970

http://www2.epa.gov/aboutepa/epa-history 

Last edited by me (9/25/2015 7:17 pm)

9/25/2015 7:34 pm  #74

me wrote:

US. Department of TransportationNational Highway Traffic SafetyAdministration

Fuel Economy and Annual Travel for Passenger Cars and Light Trucks:

DOT HS 806 971 May 1986
NHTSA Technical Report
http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/806971.pdf 

EPA History
EPA was established on December 2, 1970

http://www2.epa.gov/aboutepa/epa-history 

Mark we’ve experienced the first year of economic growth where carbon emissions didn’t increase in 40 years, your trying to say this is the way things had been going all along. I call BS.

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b637/NickLew83/FB_IMG_1443217872722_zpsw4qvayh3.jpg

9/25/2015 7:40 pm  #75

Some folks are convinced that Obama is all that and in typical fashion, if you ask questions and/or disagree then out comes the "KKK", "racist", or "hate" labels.  SMDH!

I ask again.....if his ideals were so great then why was Illinois in shambles bwhile he was in office there??? 

If his ideals are so great on the national level and he has created so many jobs as you guys continue to try and sell, then why the massive borrowing and record levels of welfare??? 

Somebody ain't being honest with themselves.  Hahahaha.  The rest of us aren't buying the liberal silly talk. 

Maybe you guys could share how you landed one of these high paying jobs bama created that you didn't have ever before???

like I said before though.....some folks won't succeed regardless of which political party is in office and it will be those very folks who blame everything & everyone else but themselves for their shortcomings.  SMDH!

Board footera