Photobucket

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/18/2010 4:05 pm  #1

Congrats Jeff Dailey you are on the "hot seat"...

We are currently working on getting Jeff Dailey on "N-X" to talk everything bulldogs and ask all the questions that are floating around the bulldog carousel regarding one of the biggest names ever in the AB breed... stay tuned for the exact date. This is one "hot-seat" you may not want to miss!!!

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

1/19/2010 1:15 pm  #2

Re: Congrats Jeff Dailey you are on the "hot seat"...

Jeff to keep the tradition of the Hot Seat rolling and so NO ONE says we are playing favoritism, we are gonna hit you with the Hottest Hot Seat yet!...Harry "Fast Lane" your up next week so get ready!

1.Most people think the only AB's you like are Dailey bred AB's?. Please list the top dogs alive today not Dailey bred.

2.Without using Dailey or Brave Heart blood  piece together your ultimate dog  using  7 dogs to fulfill these 7 features. Head, Rear, Temperament, Muscle, Bone, Chest & Over All Structure.

3.With over 10+ generations of your own line of "Dailey American Bulldogs" you have no question locked in consistency. As we all know with consistency comes good and bad. We all know the good things your line has to offer, but the talk around the "AB World" is you have locked in feminine type, soft pasterns, long toes and toed out dogs. What are your future plans to eliminate these faults?

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

1/19/2010 6:57 pm  #3

1) it is true I like my line of ABs, that's why I do what I do concerning ABs......it is hard to find  Bully ABs that don't have my blood in them.......all I can say is..... I have developed the most correct line of Bully American Bulldogs out there.

2) I don't look at dogs in pieces.......I never have...........I look at the whole dog........structure, temperment and movement........it all has to be there or you have a cull.

3) with my line the good far out weights any bad.........that's why people use my dogs in their program........their consistency is what locks in correct type for the bully ABs.  My dogs consistently win at shows because they are the most correct type........my dogs comformation and movement excel........that's why they win and that's why they have always won.  If my dogs had the faults that you have described they wouldn't win as consistently as they do.  Everybody that comes to my yard tells me the same thing........that they have never seen this many good Bully ABs at one location.........not even at shows.

"You can hype a questionable dog for a little while, but you will never build an enduring bloodline."
http://www.daileysamericanbulldogs.com/
ABRA BREEDER OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2011

1/19/2010 7:43 pm  #4

OK going back to question #2.  Lets get into some specifics if we may, lets drop it from "7" what "3" living non Dailey or Brave Heart dogs out there have the total package??? What other living bulldogs are "worthy" of your high praise??? Or is the majority of the  bully bred AB a cull???   

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

1/19/2010 7:46 pm  #5

Come on Jeff I drove to a location with internet for this. At least try to participate. They didn't ask you what 7 dog you would use to get this or that piece from. We all know you breed complete dogs. But every once in a while a dog comes along like Boss or Red Raider with and exceptional head etc. 
Just relax and have some fun building a dream dog or whatever the question may ask.  Heck it is just to get the perspective from the eyes of a long time breeder and what he sees over the less experienced eye. 
Nobody gonna ask you to use one of them in your program. 

My greatest mentor is observation. Observation with a keen eye of integrity teaches all wisdom.

dunnsbullies@gmail.com   
806-224-6257

1/19/2010 8:51 pm  #6

ish and chad, I go to alot of shows........do you guys?  Or do you just look at dogs on the net and say that's a good one?  How do you think I keep producing the dogs that I do?  how about this chad and ish..........what do you think are the "total package" dogs out there that don't have any of my blood in them or Vito's and what makes them the "total package".   I am relaxed as it gets............I don't dream about it.........I do it.

"You can hype a questionable dog for a little while, but you will never build an enduring bloodline."

1/19/2010 9:34 pm  #7

Jeff our opinions dont matter, Chad I cant say, but I am small time... this is your hot seat and we are happy to have you and pick your brain, your answers just seemed... well, vanilla thats all... so all good bully AB`s have your name in the ped, now thats saying something brother!!!
But lets go to the second batch "your highness" J/K  :

4.Would you consider using Brave Hearts Black dogs in your line? Why or why not?

5. If the Ab is a working breed and you commonly label yourself as the best American Bulldog breeder in the breed, why haven't you invested more time into working your dogs to prove your dogs drive and temperaments? We know you have produced a few really good working dogs in the past what are some of the up and coming working Dailey prospects?

6.Without mentioning someone who has purchased a dog from you( so no one says you are being bi est) what up and coming breeders have a good chance of making a positive impact on the breed as a whole? What breeders are most likely to make a negative impact on the breed as a whole?

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

1/20/2010 1:52 am  #8

4) black and white dogs are exceptable in the standard........so the color isn't a big deal......people got in an uproar over color because the dogs that  had more color were better than what they had............so the haters had to have something to pick apart the dogs..........I used Vito's dog, Jaque, to produce my CH. Mortisha using my Venus Man-Trap( last living daughter of Tug O' War) breeders were claiming I didn't know what I was doing............that is a major problem in this breed.............breeders don't know how their blood works............breeders haven't taken the time to produce their own line of dogs..........they are too busy chasing puppy sales..........I have had more than one breeder say that they will let me do all the R&D and then they will pick-up some of my dogs and produce better than me.........it hasn't happened...........they may get a breeding that clicks......but they don't know what to do with it............they don't know the blood well enough to consistently produce good dogs.

5) first off I am not against dog sport..........but that is just what it is........sport not work.  I will tell you a story about Tug O' War...........Jim Rice called me up and said there was a weight pull demo at this club.............this around 1993-1994..........so we went and I brought Tug..........basically it was all pits and the guy running it came from the Tom Rose school, he had a Rott that he put a SCHIII on it and was using him as a demostration dog to try to get people to train with him, well Tug was just sitting not barking and was staring holes in the Rott and the Rott came unglued and wouldn't do anything for the guy........he asked me to leave..........so I stepped outside with Tug........later I brought Tug in and we pulled him @ 2000 lbs.........never had a harness on before and Tug pulled it no problem......then this trainer comes over to me and wants to train my dog.........he asks if he will take food from him........I tell him no........he puts a liver treat in Tug's mouth and Tug spits it out..............I look at him and ask him why I had to leave if was such a good trainer his dog should have been able to handle that scenrio with Tug......he couldn't answer me.   I am into the natural dog, I know how to evaluate a dogs temperment for what I want, I treat a dog like a dog, not like a human, I can take a dog from my kennel that has never been on a leash or out of my yard and take him or her to a show and win.........I do it all the time........how does that happen?.............LOL..........I also like a high prey dog.........I am not into dogs that are fearful  they are just a liability.........these ABs menatally mature much later than herder breeds such as Malnois........it can take an AB a couple of years before they are even ready to do bite sport and once they learn to do it they like it.........so you better have very good obedience on the dog.  The thing I can't understand is why most of these dog sport people don't get dogs with better comformation..........I guess they are getting the dogs cheap or for free but to breed a dog just because it excelled in a dog sport is crazy........why not put the training into a comformationally correct dog.

6) Rick Shaw of Root's Bulldogs has made a very postive impact on the breed.........he is out of Phoenix, AZ knows dogs in and out............has produced some champions and does some sport work, Rick has taken the time to established his own line of  dogs.......isn't in it for just puppy sales..........Rick is the real deal.   I think Troy Churchill of Cold Country will also make a positive impact, he isn't as far along as Rick but is still young and has everything in front of him...... again, does the right things and isn't chasing puppy sales. 

breeders making a negative impact are breeders using dogs that have major flaws such as wry jaw.......that Redman dog in Florida is a joke and he isn't even an American Bulldog but a wry jaw oldie...........Harry of Fastlane using Chalk another wry jaw dog.......there is no reason as a breeder that you purposely use a dog with that type of fault............so they sell pups off of those dogs and the fault even spreads more........it like they try to normalize the fault is okay..........another problem is breeders over using Fas.......Fas was a very nice dog but just as any nice dog that is over used...........you have problems..........first off Fas never threw himself...........he threw his sire Brahma, who was a terrible little dog.........not only did he have an awful temperment but his comformation sucked.........again you see alot of these wry jaw dogs and the common denominator is Fas.

The best advice I could give someone starting out in this breed is do you homework........go out and actually see the dogs.   Then I would tell them to buy the nicest tightest linebred dogs they can find minus Fas..........perferably related and start sorting from there..........some people naturally have an eye for dogs...........some people have to develope it...........some people never develope it.

1/20/2010 8:49 am  #9

Vivid answers thats what we are looking for good sir thank you... for your final and most contraversial set:

7.From all the Dailey dogs the "AB World" has seen, Mortisha seems to be the overwhelming FAN FAVORITE. Some say she is a white Huggy but what blood do you give credit for each of the 7 features she has good/bad?.Head.Rear.Temperament.Bone.Muscle.Chest.Over All Structure? Brave Heart or Dailey?

8.It is safe to say you have the most consistent line of American Bulldogs in the breed, but does having the most consistent dogs in the breed make your dogs better than any other dog in the show ring? Would you have us to believe you could take any dog off your yard and beat the rest of the breeds best individuals OR is it at all possible politics come into play when you have judges who have purchased or planning on adding your blood to there line?

9.It is common knowledge to the general "AB World" your distaste for the following breeder's.

Doug Kennedy
Harry (Fast lanes)
Jose Lopez
Big Pat
Joe Reda
Cheryl Devine

So NO ONE can say you are just "HATING" on them, please list 1-6 (with 1 being the worst) who you feel from the list above has had the most negative impact on the breed and why?

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

1/20/2010 8:56 am  #10

Vivid answers thats what we are looking for good sir thank you... for your final and most contraversial set:

7.From all the Dailey dogs the "AB World" has seen, Mortisha seems to be the overwhelming FAN FAVORITE. Some say she is a white Huggy but what blood do you give credit for each of the 7 features she has good/bad?.Head.Rear.Temperament.Bone.Muscle.Chest.Over All Structure? Brave Heart or Dailey?

8.It is safe to say you have the most consistent line of American Bulldogs in the breed, but does having the most consistent dogs in the breed make your dogs better than any other dog in the show ring? Would you have us to believe you could take any dog off your yard and beat the rest of the breeds best individuals OR is it at all possible politics come into play when you have judges who have purchased or planning on adding your blood to there line?

9.It is common knowledge to the general "AB World" your distaste for the following breeder's.

Doug Kennedy
Harry (Fast lanes)
Jose Lopez
Big Pat
Joe Reda
Cheryl Devine

So NO ONE can say you are just "HATING" on them, please list 1-6 (with 1 being the worst) who you feel from the list above has had the most negative impact on the breed and why?

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

1/20/2010 10:01 am  #11

7) first off Mortisha is better than Huggy.......if Huggy was all that......he would be at shows winning and not on someone's yard just getting pictures taken of him.......if you have the best.....you bring it...........you don't sit on it.  The Braveheart line is based on Braudzilla who I produced...........so when I went back into Jaque, I was basically going back into some of my blood, the biggest part of what Jaque brought to the table that I was hunting was his shredded natural muscle.  The only  thing I didn't like that Jaque brought into the breeding is short necks.........I would  have liked a little longer neck and I got it back when I went back into Woolly Bully and produced Dub,  Mortisha is a nice hybridization between both lines........Mortisha was a tool for me to get Dub.......there is nothing like him in the breed........he has the bone, size, muscle mass and temperment......he will end up being 25" tall and 115 lbs of shredded muscle.

8) My line of dogs has consistently won over the years, more than any other kennel.  I was winning shows in 1995, with John D. being the judge and fast foward in 2009, dogs I produced, won at least 10 championships and I have the Dog of the Year with the NKC in 2009 alone..........I have produced almost 40 champions........I look at my body of work over the years..........just not what I did in one show in one particular year........just as I don't look at one dog in my yard as the best..........I look at  the over-all quality of my line of dogs in my yard.

9)  doug kennedy, stuck with it but started out with better dogs than he has now.  doug, needs to pay attention to comformation, I doubt he can pull it off by using his dogs as the blown out chest that is shallow, skinny ass-end and muzzle too narrow for their head is ingrained into his line. the day of cranking out pups that aren't quality is over......the AB isn't a rare breed anymore...........can doug pull it off........sure........but he will have to go off his yard.......and I don't think kennedy's ego is so great that he can't do it.

harry-fastlanes, pure hype, says he has been in the breed 20 something years........Bullcrap.....this guy hasn't even championed out one of his dogs and he claims he is a world class breeder...........people need to stop listening to what he says and actually look at what he is doing.........bringing in a known wry jaw dog as a stud........how stupid can you get...........harry, flashes around how much money he makes........yet he isn't smart enough to get decent dogs........things that make me laugh my ass off!

jose lopez, harry's mentor in the world of AB hype........claims he is the "bullgawd" but has never put a breeding program together........hunts around the AB world looking for the next dog he is going to hype and then putting "manstopper's" on its name, yet he had nothing to do with producing said dog............the pied piper of the wannabees. just a dog flipper........ hypes, studs and then sells the dog to his next victim.......I can't believe how he took this fernando character to the cleaners.........a sucker is born every minute.

fat pat, just another paper hanger down from joe reda.  He hung Rocco as an AB but was proven to be a cattle-rustler dog........spun off into cartel bulldogs which just another name for an olde bulldogge line.

joe reda, the king of paper hanging dogs, must be an east coast thing, joe learned it from cord eads and louis malderadi.........joe has polluted the AB gene pool longer than any other breeder that I know of and thus done the most damage to the breed........again joe doesn't have a line of dogs........just a dog flipper...........joe is afraid to come out in public.........he has screwed over so many people......when will people learn.

cheryl devine, a decent person when she first got into ABs........but between the alcohol and drugs,  bent her perspective on dogs........should have went off her yard a long time ago...........her dogs now remind me of what happened to the johnson line.......just sloppy wrecks..........I think her line could be salavaged just as kennedy's but it would take an influx of outside blood and I don't think her ego would allow it.

I believe the biggest problem that this bred faces, is the "olde bulldogge" factor........if you like the look of oldes........there is already a breed for you.......don't make the American Bulldog into a bigger olde........look what the American Bully people did to the pit-bull........it is awful.........for what?.........somebody thinks the dog looks cool?  This breed started to go downhill when the powers-to-be made the breed split in the mid 1990's the breed went to extremes on both ends...........olde on the classic end and pit-bull on the standard end...........I will fully support any registry that will bring it back to one standard, one ring...........one type of dog...........let the best dog win out........competiton brings out the best.

1/20/2010 2:44 pm  #12

Hey Jeff I agree with some of what you said..except the part about my dogs having weak rearends..>LOL...But I totally agree obout the one standard ..That is what needs to be done period...IMO also

1/20/2010 2:46 pm  #13

As a matter of fact lets get the top breeders in the world together and make a new One ring, One type ,One Standard registry...

1/20/2010 7:22 pm  #14

Kennedy wrote:

As a matter of fact lets get the top breeders in the world together and make a new One ring, One type ,One Standard registry...

I'm one step ahead of you....I have been working on a highly Detailed Judging Book, I hope to be done before spring....it will be a more narrow  standard with a lot more specifics & details....it will only be the standard of perfection about one type of AB

CHANGING THE GAME...DAMN IT!!!!

1/21/2010 6:25 pm  #15

Jeff Daily thank you for being on the "hot seat" I`m sure it has opened some eyes and ruffled some feathers.

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

1/21/2010 7:40 pm  #16

ish......that's why you asked the questions you did.

Jeff

1/22/2010 8:34 am  #17

Knowledge is power... 

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

1/23/2010 12:33 pm  #18

Sounds good fellas lets get it.

Show me don't tell me.

4/04/2010 10:29 pm  #19

Doug Kennedy
Harry (Fast lanes)
Jose Lopez
Big Pat
Joe Reda
Cheryl Devine
NOw Honestly Ish do you feel this was a good question...I feel it was another way to start controversy and thats why this board will not go far ..If you think all these types of questions are anything more than Shizzy stirring than I say your not being honest

7/21/2011 12:49 am  #20

DAILEY wrote:

7) first off Mortisha is better than Huggy.......if Huggy was all that......he would be at shows winning and not on someone's yard just getting pictures taken of him.......if you have the best.....you bring it...........you don't sit on it.  The Braveheart line is based on Braudzilla who I produced...........so when I went back into Jaque, I was basically going back into some of my blood, the biggest part of what Jaque brought to the table that I was hunting was his shredded natural muscle.  The only  thing I didn't like that Jaque brought into the breeding is short necks.........I would  have liked a little longer neck and I got it back when I went back into Woolly Bully and produced Dub,  Mortisha is a nice hybridization between both lines........Mortisha was a tool for me to get Dub.......there is nothing like him in the breed........he has the bone, size, muscle mass and temperment......he will end up being 25" tall and 115 lbs of shredded muscle.

Huggy vs Mortisha.......Conformation, Breathing, Hips, Head type & Production Huggy was much nicer
Mortisha got the Muscle from Jaqc, that is what made her unbelievable...........It was Venus who gave her breathing issues.........Venus was the worst breathing AB I have ever seen,,,,,,,,I could not wait to get her back to  Jeff when she was hear to breed to Jaqc......I had to pull out the hose to cool her down several times in the few days she was here.  Mortish looks nothing like a Dailey dog or Venus. She was the best looking ,most ripped up dog Dailey ever produced.

Braudzilla was 2nd pick from Tyson and Sally, Sally was a 100% JDJ blooline dog. I created everything off Braudzilla and my line is deep in my sort, not Dailey.......it shows in the huge difference between Dailey dogs and Brave Heart dogs. My line is healthier, more muscled, and way more functional and that is a fact

CHANGING THE GAME...DAMN IT!!!!

8/02/2011 1:32 am  #21

this is very interesting. thanks for that. we need more sites like this. i commend you on your
great content and excellent topic choices. 
office 2010
coach handbags
Office Professional 2007

8/07/2011 4:24 pm  #22

jeff daily is a high respected bulldog pioneer. i would love one day to have a pup from that line. one of the best at this moment without a doubt

Board footera