Photobucket

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/14/2010 7:45 pm  #1

HITTER ON THE "HOT SEAT" ITS SHOW TIME...

Nation-X is growing and we are proud of the great strides we have made in less than a calendar year has a no holds barred message board and we continue to look for ways to improve our product and add innovation to your online bulldoggin experience. The concept of N-X has always been to promote and show case not only the great established breeders of the past but the fast growing population of up and coming kennels and breeders AKA "Generation NeXt" Typically the "Hot Seat" was a interview done with long time breeders but we will now also turn the spot light to the "new school" and try to get inside of there mindset and feel there pulse on all things bulldog. 

*On Aug 23 we interview Linh of Texas Brand Bulldogs and get all his uncensored opinions not only pertaining to his program but the state of the game itself*

This will be a closed interview and your servant (Uncle Ish) will be the only one asking TXB questions due to time constraints...however like always feel free to email me the questions you would like to ask Linh and I will use the best 9.

We are also looking for new upcoming kennels to interview for future "GENERATION NEXT" interviews don`t be shy... if you have a young solid program and you are completely commited to trying to better the breed you are part of the movement and we want your voice to be heard everybody gets there turn to shine in the N-X spotlight.

Last edited by Uncle Ish (8/22/2010 9:23 pm)

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

8/22/2010 9:22 pm  #2

Re: HITTER ON THE "HOT SEAT" ITS SHOW TIME...

Alright Linh before we officially begin your "hot seat" take a second and give the board a official introduction on how you got your start with AB`s and how many years you have been involved with bulldogs.

When your ready feel free to answer your first set.

1. What is "Hitter Nation" exactly??? Is it your version of the "Game Changers" please explain

2. What makes Ch. Heavy Hitter the AB`s saving grace??? What will be his impact???

3. Is Hitter and your program just a product of internet hype??? How has Hitter proven himself thus far???

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

8/23/2010 7:22 am  #3

First, I would like to thank Uncle Ish & the Nation X for the invite. I will be pausing in & out of this interview due to my schedule this week. Thanks again and enjoy.

I started in 2000, the first AB I saw was across the lake from my parents house. I was visiting that summer home from college (University of Illinois). I stepped over and asked the lady what breed her dog was and from then on I was hooked. I started to research the breed so I could plan on purchasing a pup when I moved back to Houston the following year. When I got back, I hooked up with a guy named Randy Valderez. He was a breeder in Livingston , Tx. He just produced a litter out of Moore’s Loggerhead (hobo x braudzilla) and his bitch Valderez’s Margarita (mason x bedazzle). My first pup was  a male named Deuce-Deuce. From that point, I spent my time researching on nutrition, showing, & training/working my pup. That’s when I met Donnie Straps. Donnie was big into weight pulling, protection, & hog hunting. My first event I attended involving American Bulldogs was a hog catch trial. Donnie & I would get together and train our dogs once a week. We would also go on wild hog hunts as well. We also added some people to our training group like Tony Lovett (Lovett’s American Bulldogs) & Ray Hawkins (T&R’s) would drive down. I think hanging out, training, & learning with these guys has molded my view on the American Bulldog breed significantly.

1. What is "Hitter Nation" exactly??? Is it your version of the "Game Changers" please explain
Hitter Nation is more of a lifestyle. It represents a superior American Bulldog. A full functional American Bulldog that is displayed by “Dual Ch. Heavy Hitter" . An American Bulldog that demonstrates a beautiful temperament and represents/introduces the breed to the Average Joe. A dog that needs no introduction just the site of him impresses the onlooker. Hitter Nation consists of the fanfare, offspring, owners of offspring, and any one who believes in a superior specimen. “Heavy Hitter"  is the most complete American Bulldog of our Generation. His influence will burn an image that will represent the breed and represent it well for many years to come.

2. What makes Ch. Heavy Hitter the AB`s saving grace??? What will be his impact???

CH. Heavy Hitter can only serve as the saving grace if asked upon. As we all know, this breed has many types. If you like the “Hitter"  Type, then yes, he can help your program as he will do mine. You are probably asking what makes him so great? What makes Hitter great is that his temperament & structure allows him to achieve, protect, & produce. Recently, we were at the Vet’s office and one of the technicians offered him a treat. Hitter would not take it, he would just turn his head away as if he was ignoring her. His instincts are on point. As far as Hitter’s impact, sky’s the limit. His impact so far is on schedule. He has offspring that are great family members & representatives of the breed.

3. Is Hitter and your program just a product of internet hype??? How has Hitter proven himself thus far???

Hitter is a product of perfection. Hype is a fabric of one’s imagination. All the hype in the world, could not help you uphold the longevity of a product. My question back…If Hitter was all hype...how could he achieve Champion titles? A weight pull title? Of course, people can say little competition or he just got lucky. Luck is created by hard work and if you have a problem with Hitter…where were your dogs? The titles Hitter has achieved is just icing on the cake. Let’s put this in perspective…Hitter was 15months when he finished UKC & ABRA Champion titles & IDWP1 title. He did this on 3 weekends. His first show was at the end of January & his 3rd, but only ABRA show was in early May. He accomplished this in 4 months. Now could you imagine if I was a die hard show guru?  LOL. At the end of the day, titles doesn’t mean much to me, the only thing that matters is producing beautiful offspring that the world can enjoy & the breed can benefit from.

Last edited by LEGEND (8/23/2010 8:17 am)

TEXAS BRAND BULLDOGS "THE BEST BRAND IN BULLDOGS"
www.texasbrandbulldogs.com ; lp@wecravesushi.com
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h306/lhoang787/DeckerHead1copy.jpg

8/23/2010 8:23 am  #4

During this intermission...I would like to invite Nation X members to my new board "The Bull Shop"

The Bully Shop: http://beastlybulldogs.boardhost.com/index.php

8/23/2010 9:24 am  #5

OK Linh my inbox is full of great questions... and here is your next set:

1. You claim Hitter to be great but many would say to be "great" you have to compete against the best to prove said greatness... your claims seem premature and unfounded by lack of top level competition... are you going to make the effort to compete against the top dogs??? Or is part of you scared to have Hitter exposed???

2.  From an objective stand point what is your program lacking and what are you doing to correct the problem??? What are you programs greatest strengths and what are you doing to preserve it???

3. What programs, studs or bitches do you consider solid but over rated and why???

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

8/23/2010 10:29 am  #6

Ish as your inbox should be full…Heavy Hitter commands the attention.

1. You claim Hitter to be great but many would say to be "great" you have to compete against the best to prove said greatness... your claims seem premature and unfounded by lack of top level competition... are you going to make the effort to compete against the top dogs??? Or is part of you scared to have Hitter exposed???

Yes, we plan to compete against anybody that’s shows up. If the timing is right, we are there. At this time, Hitter is 18mths. I have put a lot of pressure & work on him thus far. Currently, we are relaxing and maturing. I have made that clear. Hitter is like a prized fighter, when he is ready, he will be there. He has been away for stud service, training, & showing a big part of this last year. We have lots of stud obligations to uphold in this upcoming season. Hitter is producing exceptional offspring and his demand will be more sought out after I post new pictures of him at the end of this interview on The Bull Shop: http://beastlybulldogs.boardhost.com/index.php

Scared? What is there to be scared of? There is maybe a handful of dogs at Hitter’s caliber.

2.  From an objective stand point what is your program lacking and what are you doing to correct the problem??? What are you programs greatest strengths and what are you doing to preserve it???

My program is not lacking much. I am closer today to my vision then I was yesterday. Heavy Hitter was the last gold standard piece to add. He brought more than I could imagine…bone, hips, head, movement, topline, muscle, & most important…temperament. Hitter complemented the females in my line…Margarita, Gypsy, & Jeter. Now he has produced Boom Boom, I get so many emails requesting a pup just like Boom Boom. Why? Well just look at her.

http://i33.tinypic.com/15xtl61.jpg

My greatest strength is myself. I have an eye for the breed. It’s like a sense of style, some people can wear it, some people can’t pull it off. I sound arrogant, don’t I? Nope, just confidence in what I have produced and put together with my experiences. I can go off my yard, why not? The world has a lot to offer. Why be close minded. Preservation? I will be preserving my line through my female offspring. A great breeder once told me…The female is everything. If you don’t have great females, you can not produce great dogs. That being said, people ask why promote Hitter? I say..why not? He is landmark for me…a break through. Plus, I can’t control his popularity. Interest & demand dictates itself.

3. What programs, studs or bitches do you consider solid but over rated and why???

Well, lets start with programs I like…
I like what Jeff Dailey has done and continues to do. His body of work speaks for itself. I can put things aside and give respect when respect is due. “Consistency"  is the one word that describes his program. I like what the Jemm’s crew is doing. I could see myself using one of the studs in the future. When I am done crunching, they have options that will compliment my line. I like what Danny Bessant from the working aspect. He puts time & work in his dogs. His accomplishments reflect.  I’m sure there are more I like and that I am gaining interest in, but those will do for now.

As far as over rated…this is when it gets interesting…
Braveheart blood is currently highly over rated. I say this even though some of my blood has BH 6 generations back. I don’t say this because I don’t agree with Vito or dislike him. All you have to do is follow the generations and the consistency starts to crumble. His cornerstone dogs are Braudzilla & Bullistic. I have seen both in person and put my hands on both. Braudzilla very nice. Bullistic average. Now move to current stock he is working with, it’s all over the map. Last year, it was Huggy everywhere. This year he is breeding to standard stock. This is a not a jab at Vito personally, its just putting all his dogs all on the table and observing the progressions. I don’t see consistency. Let me add, I do like his Bullistic x Betty offspring. That breeding produced a type that I like. The combination clicked. I would use one of them. So respect is given.

Last edited by LEGEND (8/23/2010 10:31 am)

8/23/2010 3:28 pm  #7

1. Would you rock a Justin Bieber hair cut??? 

2. A good 95% of bully style dogs are train wrecks in the function department what should go first in a breeding program: looks or ability and why???

3. You mentioned standard blood earlier...would you consider out crossing to it to fix health problems that are active and dormant in your line??? Explain your answer.

4. Lastly what is your stance on wry jaw and what message would you like to share to the new generation of kennels that are getting into the game???

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

8/23/2010 4:33 pm  #8

1. Would you rock a Justin Bieber hair cut???
LOL…if I could ever grow my hair that long maybe. I am getting a little too old for the trendy look. I try to keep it more professional these days because I have business meetings. Plus, the Beiber look would be a little too hot for the summer here in Houston. LOL

2. A good 95% of bully style dogs are train wrecks in the function department what should go first in a breeding program: looks or ability and why???

I personally feel that you should strive for a balance of both. You have to have looks because the public demands it. No matter what anybody says, money is a factor. You need it to reinvest in your stock or reach out for new stock. If you don’t have looks your stock will not sale. There is a demand for color, bully heads, muscle etc. So it’s a must if you want to be around to better your personal stock and contribute to the breed. Ability is just as important. Bulldogs must function as bulldogs. Sounds simple right? Seems that alot of breeders get caught up on the cosmetics and forget that if someone pays top dollar for a pup they expect it to be fully functional…atleast to Bulldog standards. Functionality comes with proper structure in my opinion. I think temperament & structure will allow you to achieve functionality because the body and mind must be in harmony to complete the task at hand.

3. You mentioned standard blood earlier...would you consider out crossing to it to fix health problems that are active and dormant in your line??? Explain your answer.

At this point in my program, no I would not. There is a theory that standard dogs are better than the bully type. I would say yes as a majority, but the bully type has moved into a period of “survival of the fittest" . By this, I believe that nature will weed out the dogs that will not contribute to the breed. Recently, you see dogs passing away because of health conditions. It’s sad, but its for the greater of the breed. It identifies the weak links and breeders should take note within those lines. Furthermore, I believe the American Bulldog has evolved in to a better breed as a whole since I’ve started. There a lot of nice dogs out there. Definitely more to choose from than just 5 years ago. Although I think the breed is better, I believe that geographic location plays a big factor in what you can produce & get away with. For example, a breeder in the Midwest can breed a more extreme type bulldog and get away with it. The weather and environmental conditions allows them to breed for more extreme dispositions. As for myself, being in Texas, the conditions here set boundaries for my program. Could I produce an extreme dog that can breathe well? Of course, I am in the process. Its going take a commitment to myself and strong breeding practices.

4. Lastly what is your stance on wry jaw and what message would you like to share to the new generation of kennels that are getting into the game???

Wry jaw is not acceptable. It should not be breed, sold, nor promoted. That’s why God created “Pet Quality" . The awareness as of late has been for the greater good for the breed.

My message to the new generation is keep an open mind & open ears. Learn from your elders. There is a lot of wisdom out there to capture for yourself. A lot of breeders out there have made mistakes and paid the price for us to learn from and avoid entirely. Consider it a great shortcut to achieving your goals. In addition, the American Bulldog breed is not a game. We are not in a game, the decisions we make now will impact the next generation greatly. Let’s give them something to build upon and improve not a mess that needs to be cleaned up and halt the evolution of the superior American Bulldog.

Again, thank you to Ish & all Nation X Members. I will be posting new pictures of Dual Ch. Heavy Hitter tomorrow morning on THE BULLY SHOP: http://beastlybulldogs.boardhost.com/index.php

Last edited by LEGEND (8/23/2010 4:38 pm)

8/23/2010 5:36 pm  #9

Linh thanks for being honest and being a good sport... you are officially off the "Gen-Next" hot seat and we look forward to the new Hitter pics and to seeing your program grow...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

8/23/2010 7:16 pm  #10

Solid interview Linh.  I do have a question though.....

I can't say that I agree with your answer on the internet hype aspect.    Isnt the whole "Hitter" thing just promotion?    In fact you told me that it was all about promotion!   I mean seriously....if Hitter is all you say that he is, you wouldnt have to so carefully choreograph his every move afraid that you might show his bad side.  LOL!   

Like I've said in the past, there is a lot more out there than just Texas, Texas, Texas.   Until Hitter has traveled and beat the competition, he hasnt earned the right to just compete against those that would travel to see him.   Why would people need to come TO him?

8/23/2010 8:56 pm  #11

sgreen wrote:

Solid interview Linh.  I do have a question though.....

I can't say that I agree with your answer on the internet hype aspect.    Isnt the whole "Hitter" thing just promotion?    In fact you told me that it was all about promotion!   I mean seriously....if Hitter is all you say that he is, you wouldnt have to so carefully choreograph his every move afraid that you might show his bad side.  LOL!   

Like I've said in the past, there is a lot more out there than just Texas, Texas, Texas.   Until Hitter has traveled and beat the competition, he hasnt earned the right to just compete against those that would travel to see him.   Why would people need to come TO him?

Thanks Steve.

Hitter is not anymore or anyless promoted than any other dogs on the internet. Hitter's popularity dictates itself. I post pictures of him just like everyone else does. I post on the same boards as everyone else. If Hitter was just promotion he would just sit in my yard and not go to shows or weightpull events. I believe and have been taught that if you have a Stud or bitch you should promote or advertise it. There is nothing wrong with that. If you have something to share or offer you should let people know. I think its funny that everybody promotes their dog, but will not admit that they do. There is nothing wrong with promoting or advertising your dog. I encourage it. Do I promote my dog to compensate for my dog? Nope. If he had so many flaws, why would I bring more attention to him?... Choreographed? I can not predict that I would have an outstanding stud a year ago. So nothing is choreographed.

Yes, I do agree with you there is more dogs out there than just Texas, but that being said I live in Texas so yes I would be more likely to show closer to home. Did you see Mufassa traveling to the west coast? Fifty in the states? Like I said above, I will show my dog and calculate the risk that I want to take when I feel like traveling to a show. Personally, do I want to travel in a car with my dog for 15 hours to attend a show? No. I would rather enjoy my weekend on the golf course and relax with friends. If you do, then kudos to you. It has nothing to do with me, but I respect that you put your dogs out there. Steve, in perspective, I am more like you than some others. I health test, show, weightpull, & produce nice dogs. I do all these things to my comfort level w/ the balance of living my life. I think if you want to go after someone its not me. Like I told someone last week, no matter what people say or do...it will never change my goals or vision. Last, I did not mean that the competition had to come to me. I meant to say that Hitter will be shown when he is ready to be shown. Like a prized fighter, when he is in condition to my standards, he will be ready to enter the ring.

Thanks again and hope you understand where I am coming from with my response.

With Respect,

Linh
www.myspace.com/texasbrandbulldogs

8/24/2010 1:58 am  #12

, Hype, Promotion, is one thing, if what your hyping lives up to your claims it is just the truth. If your Hype is a lie, if your claims are not true then your a liar, or an guy who is trying to con....or you are just not intouch with reality.
The hype, promotion, pride is not the problem......it is the lie, or the deceit, or the missinformation

Lihn, has no program. A program is a persons ability to produce great dogs...one,two , generation is putting two dogs together........Puppymills and Backyard breeders do that it doesn't mean they have a program.

A Breeding Program;
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Breeding programs help animals to breed and can be good for animals as well as the agricultural economy.

A breeding program is the planned breeding of a group of animals or plants, usually involving at least several individuals and extending over several generations.

Breeding programs are commonly employed in several fields where humans wish to completely obliterate the characteristics of their animals' offspring through careful selection of breeding partners:

Lihn Stated with Brave Heart Blood bred it one generation, bought Hitter that is it......he bred one ,2 litters/generations....he bought Hitter , he had nothing to do with Hitters virus or short comings.

Lihn wrote;

As far as over rated…this is when it gets interesting…
Braveheart blood is currently highly over rated. I say this even though some of my blood has BH 6 generations back.

Current Brave Heart Blood is Gr CH BMJ, Blue Bullistic,Huggy, Butters, CH Gracie, Ch Gouch produced by Venn Kennels, Bullistic BO,Syphis & Bullzerk........your only as good as your last generation and in all of my years I have never produced , owned or seen Bully ABs of Higher Caliber in Structure, Movement, Muscle,health,& function

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/winter09/small/bmgreatestintheworld.jpg
http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/spring09/bluenew.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/fall09/small/huggidodill.jpg
http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/spring2010/small/buttas.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/fall09/small/graciemusccl.jpg
http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/fall09/small/bullistic%20bo.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/spring2010/small/syphisss.jpg
http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/spring2010/small/bullzerkk.jpg
http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/spring2010/small/gouchou.jpg

Lihn says his dogs are Brave Heart 6 generations back???Complete lie.....

Lihn wrote;
I could plan on purchasing a pup when I moved back to Houston the following year. When I got back, I hooked up with a guy named Randy Valderez. He was a breeder in Livingston , Tx. He just produced a litter out of Moore’s Loggerhead (hobo x braudzilla) and his bitch Valderez’s Margarita (mason x bedazzle). My first pup was  a male named Deuce-Deuce. From that point, I spent my time researching on nutrition, showing, & training/working my pup. That’s when I met Donnie Straps.

what he hides is the fact the Moore's Loggerhead was produced by me.....Mason and Bedazzle were both also produce by me 100% Brave Heart.

here are the peds
http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/dogs/american_bulldog/pedigree/908855.html

Lihn Wrote;
I don’t say this because I don’t agree with Vito or dislike him. All you have to do is follow the generations and the consistency starts to crumble. His cornerstone dogs are Braudzilla & Bullistic. I have seen both in person and put my hands on both. Braudzilla very nice. Bullistic average. Now move to current stock he is working with, it’s all over the map. Last year, it was Huggy everywhere. This year he is breeding to standard stock. This is a not a jab at Vito personally, its just putting all his dogs all on the table and observing the progressions. I don’t see consistency. Let me add, I do like his Bullistic x Betty offspring. That breeding produced a type that I like. The combination clicked. I would use one of them. So respect is given

[b] Conistancey??????? Look at the dogs I just posted as representives of my current Generations.

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/winter09/small/bmgreatestintheworld.jpg
http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/spring09/bluenew.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/fall09/small/huggidodill.jpg
http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/spring2010/small/buttas.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/fall09/small/graciemusccl.jpg
http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/fall09/small/bullistic%20bo.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/spring2010/small/bullzerkk.jpg
http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/spring2010/small/gouchou.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/eall2008/websize/blueph.JPG

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j114/churchiller/039-1.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/spring2010/websize/jaqcsph.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/spring2010/websize/bobo.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/spring2010/websize/marty.JPG

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j114/churchiller/Butters.jpg

Consistancey of  Higher Caliber in Higher Caliber in Structure, Movement, Muscle,health,& function........what more could you ask for
Show any other Bully AB breeder in thew World or in the history of the breed that has produce better or more consistance in  Higher Caliber in Structure, Movement, Muscle,health,& function....put up 7 dogs in their current program they produced from their 7 ,8 generation sort.......Titles, Conformation/working, real PennHip Evaluations, Type Structure,Muscle,Function...show me one breeder that can hang....Show me the 7 dogs of the caliber of the seven I just posted .......Show Me;   Higher Caliber in Structure, Movement, Muscle,health,& function.........

Consistancey in a line???Is it only about a look.....even if you believe it is only about looks...look at these 7 dogs and tell me they are not consistant in Type??Looks.......Structure, Movement, Muscle,health,& function.....what else is more important and what more could you ask for?????The goal of a breeder should be consistancey in all of these catigories and like I said, show me one breeder that can match dog per dog?????Show it just like I have,.....back it up Consistancey.

As Far as my outcross breeding, to say that one recent breeding defines my breeding program is a joke....although I'd put 75% of the litter up against anyones Bully dogs.....the one mainly Standard looking bitch, went to the Show last weekend and won the driviest puppy.....I predict she make one hell of an impression of the Standard Crowd. her other two sisters are going to be high caliber Bully Bitches, and Invictus is destine to be a great male.

What is comical is Lihn making any judgment on my program....that is like PeeWee Herman judging Ali's record in the ring....
Or like Perez Hilton  giving commentary on an MMA Fight.......no cred.....LOL its a joke.....just like Hitter...LOL

http://willwalker.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/PeeWeeHerman.jpg
http://www.maniacworld.com/muhammad-ali-2.jpg

http://www.buddyhead.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/perez-hilton1.jpg
http://squabbles.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/brock_lesnar_mir.jpg

Hitter in the  Shitter...Shitter nation bbbuwaaa...LOL

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/spring2010/websize/hitters.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/spring2010/websize/shitterlolololol.jpg

CHANGING THE GAME...DAMN IT!!!!

8/24/2010 6:36 am  #13

Vito,

As expected, you respond with a personal attacks.

Yes, Logger is your production, but no where in my peds. The only BH blood in my ped is 6 generations back. I stated that clearly. Mason (Mufassa x BH Zena), Bedazzle (BH Casino Queen x BH Stash). When Deuce-Deuce died, I took King Mufassa 2 and bred him to Deuce's mom...Margarita...which gave me Gypsy...then I took Frankie to Gypsy..and produced Jeter...then Hitter to Jeter...which gave me Boom Boom.

Boom Boom Ped: http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/dogs/american_bulldog/pedigree/946502.html

You can post those pictures of Hitter all you want. He was 15mths. Things have change & will continue to. He is no where close to being finished.

Here are some pictures taken by Dannie Frost at the May Show at 15mths.....

http://i34.tinypic.com/6hm7pg.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/313hjbp.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/2llg1lk.jpg

8/24/2010 6:51 am  #14

AS PROMISED...

NEW PICTURES OF HEAVY HITTER ON THE BULLY SHOP: http://beastlybulldogs.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=123

8/24/2010 9:41 am  #15

Well I must say that this was an amusing read!!  I have to give it to Linh for at least health checking Hitter and congratulate him on a great result (.32, .32).  Kudos to him for getting him out to compete in conformation as well, and your WP I title. 

But I have a few questions:

Linh wrote:

Recently, we were at the Vet’s office and one of the technicians offered him a treat. Hitter would not take it, he would just turn his head away as if he was ignoring her. His instincts are on point.

What does this action tell you about your dog Linh??  Just curious, what were his instincts based upon??  Was the vet tech a mass murderer preying on people at the vets office??  What I see is that Hitter won't take treats from friendly strangers, doesn't really mean much to me!!

Linh wrote:

Hitter is a product of perfection. Hype is a fabric of one’s imagination. All the hype in the world, could not help you uphold the longevity of a product. My question back…If Hitter was all hype...how could he achieve Champion titles? A weight pull title? Of course, people can say little competition or he just got lucky.

Linh, what dogs has Hitter beat??  What other Ch., Gr. Ch., Supreme Gr. Ch. has Hitter won against??  Has he ever won a Best In Show??  I believe it was Jeff who said one time that "Not all Champions are created equal".  I actually agree with the statement.  It is one thing to go out and beat other dogs who aren't champions.  But to become the best you have to beat the best.  That is something that Hitter has been unable to do.  He has yet to beat another ABRA Champion.  Not Shug, not Tank, not Creed, not one other Champion.  What does that tell you?? 

In the UKC how many AB's did he compete against??  What big name dogs and kennels did he win against??  I have no problem with you being proud of you Ch. title.  But let's keep it in perspective.  Using words like PERFECTION to describe a dog that hasn't beat another other quality competitors doesn't do much for your anti-Hype arguement!!

Linh wrote:

Yes, we plan to compete against anybody that’s shows up. If the timing is right, we are there. At this time, Hitter is 18mths. I have put a lot of pressure & work on him thus far.

What kind of pressure and work have you put on him thus far??  Why are people obligated to come to you and compete??  If you are into hyping or proving your dog it is your duty to go where the competition will be and slay the dragons.  Actions speak louder than words, and hiding out in Texas speaks volumes!!

Linh wrote:

Scared? What is there to be scared of? There is maybe a handful of dogs at Hitter’s caliber.

Scared of finding out that he doesn't stack up with the competition??  If there were only a handful of dogs that were Hitter's caliber they must have all been at the Texas Show LOL!!  Multiple dogs that you never beat like I mentioned above.  Plus you transferred UKC points to get his title.  If he was perfection you would have gotten your points in only 2 shows as there is a possibility of 110 points, but you would have had to beat all the dogs there twice LOL!!  If I remember correctly Tank did it 3 times out of 4 shows.

Promotion is what you do Linh.  You also told me on the phone that was all you were about.  But now it isn't so??  Just like the promotion and advertisement of the Bully Shop on every post.  http://beastlybulldogs.boardhost.com/index.php

Keep doing what you do best Linh and that is promotion.  When you are ready to stack Hitter up with the best, bring him out.  Until then it is all HYPE!!

Last edited by Cold Country (8/24/2010 1:56 pm)

8/24/2010 10:53 am  #16

8/24/2010 11:20 am  #17

Who did you earn your WP1 thru and what is the % he had to do to earn it ?

8/24/2010 11:30 am  #18

Dominator wrote:

Who did you earn your WP1 thru and what is the % he had to do to earn it ?

Iron Dog. I believe its 16 times the body weight. He pulled 1600lbs in 8 sec. I stopped him at that point because he was young. Nothing big. Just proves he can work in that venue.

Last edited by LEGEND (8/24/2010 11:31 am)

8/24/2010 11:41 am  #19

Sorry forgot to ask was it rails or cart and carpet and ID is 18 25 30 %

8/24/2010 11:43 am  #20

Dominator wrote:

Sorry forgot to ask was it rails or cart and carpet and ID is 18 25 30 %

Cart on carpet. Yep that's it 18.

8/24/2010 9:23 pm  #21

Luv Hitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/spring2010/websize/hitters.jpg
http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/spring2010/websize/shitterlolololol.jpg

Hitter Hype ................vs......................Brave Heart Hype

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/spring2010/small/hitters.jpg
http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/winter09/small/PossomDay009.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/summer09/small/gracieoo.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/winter09/small/huggymagnamious.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/summer09/small/bobo980.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/fall09/small/bmjkillewr.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/spring2010/small/tankboothor.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/spring2010/small/thorgalor.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/spring2010/small/shitterlolololol.jpg
http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/fall09/small/gracierear.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/summer08/small/bluerear.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/spring2010/small/hugggggeeee.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/spring2010/small/bmjlllomo.jpg

CHANGING THE GAME...DAMN IT!!!!

8/24/2010 9:26 pm  #22

http://i38.tinypic.com/313hjbp.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/2llg1lk.jpg

NEW PICTURES OF HITTER ON "THE BULLY SHOP": http://beastlybulldogs.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=123

8/25/2010 8:30 am  #23

Cold Country has some very valid points, i'm wondering why you did not address his concerns as I have the same concerns myself... Especially when you own the dog that is going to save the breed. Respectfully you took your dog to shows and got him a title, but it's almost like they mean next to nothing or they are interim titles until he beats some real Champs/Dogs in the ring. For a dog to be the most complete bulldog of our time this should be an easy feet should it not "Mr. Legend"? I'm all for the hype, but when you tell me you can fight and then you go out and beat up a girl it kinda dismisses all faith in your skills. I'm not here to judge you or your dog, or to bash you but I guess these are the perks of sitting in fire aka "The Hot Seat" so my question to you is when will Hitter be at a show like the show that just passed(SuperBull) with 100 AB's and not 3 or 4? When will he compete against the best of the best? The ABRA World Championships are coming, will you be in attendance? If he wins great!!! If he doesn't well, he lost to a better Champion but to lay claims of this dog as "the savior" and "the greatest" dog of our time and he can't even earn his points to be a "CH" is pretty ridiculous, not too mention most if not all but you think he isn't even the best dog in his litter(Bison). Buddy, he throws some pretty good looking "pups" and he has a nice paint job no doubt but all of this other foolishness  about he is the AB savior and the most complete AB needs some substance to it, so we will see him in the ring come October facing BMJ and all of the other great dogs that will be in attendance correct? If not, stop laying claims until the dog actually does something my man....Again i'm not saying he isn't worthy of your claims but he has to EARN them not have them handed to him.

8/25/2010 9:12 am  #24

Mike Carter wrote:

Cold Country has some very valid points, i'm wondering why you did not address his concerns as I have the same concerns myself... Especially when you own the dog that is going to save the breed. Respectfully you took your dog to shows and got him a title, but it's almost like they mean next to nothing or they are interim titles until he beats some real Champs/Dogs in the ring. For a dog to be the most complete bulldog of our time this should be an easy feet should it not "Mr. Legend"? I'm all for the hype, but when you tell me you can fight and then you go out and beat up a girl it kinda dismisses all faith in your skills. I'm not here to judge you or your dog, or to bash you but I guess these are the perks of sitting in fire aka "The Hot Seat" so my question to you is when will Hitter be at a show like the show that just passed(SuperBull) with 100 AB's and not 3 or 4? When will he compete against the best of the best? The ABRA World Championships are coming, will you be in attendance? If he wins great!!! If he doesn't well, he lost to a better Champion but to lay claims of this dog as "the savior" and "the greatest" dog of our time and he can't even earn his points to be a "CH" is pretty ridiculous, not too mention most if not all but you think he isn't even the best dog in his litter(Bison). Buddy, he throws some pretty good looking "pups" and he has a nice paint job no doubt but all of this other foolishness  about he is the AB savior and the most complete AB needs some substance to it, so we will see him in the ring come October facing BMJ and all of the other great dogs that will be in attendance correct? If not, stop laying claims until the dog actually does something my man....Again i'm not saying he isn't worthy of your claims but he has to EARN them not have them handed to him.

Mike,

Everybody has an opinion. Nothing has been handed to us. Hitter's paperwork for his champion titles are the same as any other champion that is distributed by the ABRA & UKC. I don't have the time nor the care to answer to anybody. Our body of work will speak for itself. If you have a problem with the rules then you can contact the registries. Thanks for your interest.

NEW HITTER PICTURES: http://beastlybulldogs.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=123

8/25/2010 10:19 am  #25

LEGEND wrote:

Mike Carter wrote:

Mike,

Everybody has an opinion. Nothing has been handed to us. Hitter's paperwork for his champion titles are the same as any other champion that is distributed by the ABRA & UKC. I don't have the time nor the care to answer to anybody. Our body of work will speak for itself. If you have a problem with the rules then you can contact the registries. Thanks for your interest.

NEW HITTER PICTURES: http://beastlybulldogs.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=123

You don't have the time nor the care to answer sounds like Hipocracy since you had all day and night to answer ISH on the Hotseat.. LMFAO! Come on man, I didn't say your dog wash trash nor did I say he wasn't deserving all i'm saying is do you feel as if he beat any good dogs in earning his titles? If that is the case Harry could take Chalk to a show with 3 or for trainwrecks to compete against and he'd be a "CH" too but what does it mean? Case and point Hitter competing against 3 dogs and not even winning a BIS and you had to transfer points to get his "CH"
This is the hotseat, if you couldn't obide by the expectations of it why did you volunteer half of your service? I think you have time to answer and I hope you will do so for the sake of the "Hot Seat"
Will Hitter ever compete against a top Calibre AB? Will he ever be shown again or did you take him to easy shows just to say he is a "CH" and quiet the likes of your biggest critics? Do you honestly think Hitter stacks up as one of the "TOP" Ab's in the Country or are you just another example of FLAVOR FLAV (Bigggest Hype Man of all time) What is Hitters biggest upside, and his biggest flaw? Against the likes of BMJ, how do you think Hitter fairs?  Again, you accepted the invite to the Hot Seat so Embrace it son and answer my questions

Board footera