Photobucket

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/28/2010 8:09 pm  #1

***HOT SEAT "GENERATION NEXT" NEW BLOOD KENNELS... SHOW TIME***

Nation-X is growing and we are proud of the great strides we have made in less than a calendar year has a no holds barred message board and we continue to look for ways to improve our product and add innovation to your online bulldoggin experience. The concept of N-X has always been to promote and show case not only the great established breeders of the past but the fast growing population of up and coming kennels and breeders AKA "Generation NeXt" Typically the "Hot Seat" was a interview done with long time breeders but we will now also turn the spot light to the "new school" and try to get inside of there mindset and feel there pulse on all things bulldog.

Up next we gladly introduce Rico from New Blood Kennels like many of us he is relativly new to the bulldog world...but he already has a strong program mapped out. Like always if you have any questions you would like to see in this interview feel free to email them to me and we will use the top 9... this will be a closed interview conducted by your humble servant (Uncle Ish) to start the segment after wich we will open it up to the N-X board members if there are any additional questions... Our guest: New Blood Kennels holds the right to answer or not answer any questions at any point in the interview.

***All views expressed on the "hot seat" are personal opinions by those being interviewed only and don't necessarily reflect those of
Nation-X, and its on-line users ***

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

9/28/2010 8:25 pm  #2

Re: ***HOT SEAT "GENERATION NEXT" NEW BLOOD KENNELS... SHOW TIME***

Interview to start 10/05/2010!!!

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

9/28/2010 9:18 pm  #3

I like the generation next idea. Just because some of us haven't been in the breed 20 years doesn't mean we don't have big plans for positively affecting the breed. I can't wait to see New Bloods interview and upcoming hot seats.

DWK home of DWK's Big BAMF Buster- IDGAF, B1T3 M3, KMA, SMD, uSOB

9/29/2010 9:57 pm  #4

We will see what this interview holds for me. Its coming !

10/05/2010 7:44 am  #5

Alright Rico before we officially begin your "hot seat" take a second and give the board a official introduction on how you got your start with AB`s and how many years you have been involved with bulldogs.

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

10/05/2010 6:47 pm  #6

Uncle Ish wrote:

Alright Rico before we officially begin your "hot seat" take a second and give the board a official introduction on how you got your start with AB`s and how many years you have been involved with bulldogs.

Lets begin. I was first introduced to my first American Bulldog at my friends house in 1999 or 2000. He was like 75% johnson. He was around 100lbs all white, very friendly, and still a pup. I knew I wanted an American Bulldog but I didnt know how bad. I started researching. I found the Blackwell book and looked at the pictures and read the little information that he wrote. I joined The MARINES in 2001 and I knew I couldnt buy a dog until I was out of the Marines. Well during that time while I was in I was always researching. One day I was online and I found a big impressive dog in a picture sitting with a child in a pool. That was when I fell in love with the American Bulldog. I really liked the dog but i didnt know whos dog it was. I kept looking and I ended up on Bybees site. They had the same picture. The dog in the picture was Jack tatem. The child was the bybees daughter. I told myself this is the type of dog I want.. I was really impressed with their dogs, especially Jack and Chuy.
   Then one day I was in Twenty Nine palms California and decided to contact the bybees to look at their dogs. Randee said of course , come over. I was really exited to see their dogs. Like a kids dream coming true. I arrived at their house and randee showed me Jack first. Wow he was better then in the picture. Of course in the picture he was still a pup. Jack was all muscle and head. Then he showed me his hybrids, all impressive. Huge muscle and friendly. I decided to put a Non-Refundable deposit on a Goldburg litter. They told me about other breeders in SoCal. They said a guy named Jose Lopez of Manstopper Kennels just moved to South Carolina. I was like great, that right next to North Carolina where I was stationed at. I called my wife and told her I put a deposit down. She said we cant have a dog until you get discharged from the marines. I told alison and she said she would just put it towards another breeding.
   Well I started to ask Alison questions about the American Bulldog and that didnt go well. I dont know if she was busy or just didnt want to answer my questions. I felt like I was being blown off. So I contacted Jose lopez about his dogs. I talked to him for hours about  history, peds, etc.. Basically all about American Bulldogs. I went to his house several times and decided to buy an American Bulldog from him. I bought my first American Bulldog named Kinky in 2009. She had drive for 3 dogs drive, lol. That was the beginning !

10/05/2010 7:32 pm  #7

Thanks for the intro and now we start with your first set:

"Health"

1. How big a role will health testing have in your program???

2. Is it OK to breed a bulldog displaying the wry jaw trait even if all the other components of the dog in question are superior???
3.  Are you willing to bring in hybrid blood for the sake of improving the over all health of the Bullies???

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

10/05/2010 8:44 pm  #8

Uncle Ish wrote:

Thanks for the intro and now we start with your first set:

"Health"

2. Is it OK to breed a bulldog displaying the wry jaw trait even if all the other components of the dog in question are superior???
3.  Are you willing to bring in hybrid blood for the sake of improving the over all health of the Bullies???

When I first started I was all about health testing. Then I started asking questions and researching. I came to the conclusion that it is all about balance. I started a topic about hips a while back on the Bullyvard. One of the main points I tried to hit on was what will one breeder testing for hips do for the the improvement of hips. Not much. Eventually he/she is going to have to breed out of his generations of hip tested dogs, thus introducing dogs with bad hips all over again. Realistically how many breeders test for hips. Only a few do. How many breeders test for other genetic diseases? Once again very few. Some poeple look at me like a horrible breeder because I dont health test and  I am not afraid to say it. But reality is most breedrs dont!
   Now on the other hand I will start testing for hips again once the registries take the responsibilty to register only hip tested dogs. I think a big part of health testing falls on the registries. If they mandated it alot would change.

No it is not right but thats my opinion. That is a very obvious genetic fault and the dog should not be bred.

Yes, I would. But I would use someone elses dogs which has already added it in their line.  As we all see Vito is doing an outstanding job with his new type of dogs. I see them as the protype. Since Vito has such a solid program, I would use one of his dogs when they have a few more generations on them.

10/05/2010 9:17 pm  #9

"Politics"

1. What is your perception of the big name programs in the AB world??? (Pick any programs you want)

2. Do you feel big name old timers are strong arming the AB breed through politics???

3. Do you think the big timers are doing enough to help out "Generation NeXt" or do they view the new school has competition in puppy sales???

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

10/05/2010 9:24 pm  #10

Uncle Ish wrote:

"Politics"

1. What is your perception of the big name programs in the AB world??? (Pick any programs you want)

2. Do you feel big name old timers are strong arming the AB breed through politics???

3. Do you think the big timers are doing enough to help out "Generation NeXt" or do they view the new school has competition in puppy sales???

I have to be up at 3am, so I will start answering questions again at 6pm tomorrow.

For question #2 what do you mean by politics?

10/05/2010 9:34 pm  #11

This was a emailed question I`m not to sure what the author had in mind, but I guess he/she means bullying? Just go with your gut on #2...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

10/06/2010 7:47 pm  #12

Uncle Ish wrote:

"Politics"

1. I see 4 big names always. I see Kennedy, Braveheart, Manstoppers, and Dailey.
My Perception of

Kennedys- Freaks, most not very conformationally correct from what I have seen in the past. Now they are starting to hit shows and are competing. Some are doing good. Kennedy is a very good guy and stands behind his dogs 100%. You have to respect him. The man created his own line and is still here. You can recognize a Kennedy dog anywhere. I also see if you mix his blood with some lines you get nice correct freaks.

Braveheart-  Has the healthiest dogs in the game hands down. Vito is very passionate and knowledgeable. Ppl are scared to reach out to him because they think he is going to embarrass them. But reality is he will give you an honest opinion with out the fluff. Now if you choose to get offended thats on you. On his old line of dogs, I like them. On his new line of dogs I dont think he is selling many puppies as of yet. But i guarantee once he puts BONE and a bit of size on his new line of dogs business will be boooming! I think he gets alot of publicity (Good or Bad) on the black color of his dogs and he runs with it, which is very smart. I think Vito does not care for the color but the health of the dog. I will put money on it that there will be more colors in the future to satisfy the market.

Manstoppers- Does not have a line but has had legends in his possesion. He promotes dogs and makes them stars. Look at what he did to KIng Caleb. No one knew that dog until Jose got his hands on him. Without Jose there would not be a Fifty or many other dogs. Mega Bulls or Fastlanes would not be as big as they are if it was not for Jose. Jose has down sized alot right now and is not producing many dogs. I think he should have made a line but that was not his goal. His goal is to put 2 dogs together and produce dogs he likes. Joses Knowledge is very extensive. He has a 100% guarantee on his dogs and does not mind spreading his knowledge unlike other breeders.

Dailey- Has a great line of dogs but in my opinion they are fine boned and kind of small. The key to his success has been that his dogs win shows. Now on the other hand I have heard he has produced many dogs with bad hips. I dont think he is very friendly. I sent him a few emails and I think he asked me if i was going to buy a pup. I said yes and that I wanted some info first. After that I did not get no response. Reality is that there is dailey blood in most of the dogs of today. I have not seen Dailey online much after an internet battle with another breeder. Dailey will keep producing dogs that win shows but is not running the game right now.

Yes and no. Some of the discussions or wars opened ppls eyes to the true colors of some breeders. Which is a good thing ! The rest of the drama I can go without. Like the name calling and the back and forth banter of the same things said. But i think they would reach much more ppl by being more friendly and offering thier knowledge on discussions.

3. Do you think the big timers are doing enough to help out "Generation NeXt" or do they view the new school has competition in puppy sales??

As of now the only one I see teaching the masses is Vito of Brave Hearts. Some of the rest just see Gen. Next as competition.

Last edited by New Blood Kennels (10/06/2010 7:51 pm)

10/07/2010 11:11 pm  #13

is this it Ish?

When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.

10/08/2010 7:19 am  #14

No his next set is coming...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

10/08/2010 5:40 pm  #15

Final set:

"Personal Perspective"

1. What breeders do you have the most respect for and why???

2. What breeders do you care for the least and why???

3. And what makes you so sure that you have a clue about what you are doing??? Would the breed be best suited if you sat on the sidelines a while longer and got more knowledge before starting a program???

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

10/08/2010 7:18 pm  #16

Uncle Ish wrote:

Final set:

"Personal Perspective"

3. And what makes you so sure that you have a clue about what you are doing??? Would the breed be best suited if you sat on the sidelines a while longer and got more knowledge before starting a program???

1. Vito because he is going against the grain to improve his bloodline and doesn't mind sharing his knowledge.
2. Tray from NapTown for doing his thing with his type of dog and sharing his knowledge.
3. Tony Mancera for his knowledge and Judging skills.
4. Jose for keeping it real and his knowledge.
5. Anthony from Empire Kennels for his knowledge.

There is no need to mention names because what they do will not affect me. If they are meant to last they will be here, if not they will disappear. I have seen many so called breeders come and go in my short time in.

1. I do not care for breeders who can break down ppls dogs and then get offended when you find a defect on thier dog.
2. Breeders who say thier dogs are the best and dont bring them out to shows.
3. Breders who are breeding dogs not shown to the public and claiming their breeding is going to be great.
4. Breeders who talk about other breeders to sell pups.

When I start producing better dogs with each generation I think it gives me a clue I know what I am doing. Also when my dogs can compete with the best and place first or second thats another clue. Why would I sit on the sidelines for? and learn what from who? What knowledge? The only knowledge I see talked about is conformation, health, and breeding.  The health topic is basically pick your poison. I dont mean to toot my horn but I think I have posted more topics of discussion then anyone else since I have been on. You have some breeders which do not like me
1. because I came in the game too fast and I am still here.
2. because I post topics of discussion and I am newer then most of these old breeders.
3. I know more then some of the old breeders.
4. My dogs win at shows
5. Im hungry for knowledge
6. Im attractive- no lie.
The list goes on........ Im going to keep on. Only time and the QUALITY of my dogs will tell if I was meant to last !

10/09/2010 7:57 pm  #17

I don't know if this was a very good "hotseat" so Man I have some questions as an up and coming bulldogger and "fairly" new to this type of bulldog game. You have a great deal of respect for Jose as a breeder, and his knowledge but you say he doesn't have a bloodline. Are you following in his footsteps and just buy dogs and put the Flavor Flav hype on them or are you working towards creating a "New Blood" line? If you are creating a line, what line are you working with and why? What lines will you never use in your program.

When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.

10/09/2010 9:58 pm  #18

ghostdog wrote:

I don't know if this was a very good "hotseat" so Man I have some questions as an up and coming bulldogger and "fairly" new to this type of bulldog game. You have a great deal of respect for Jose as a breeder, and his knowledge but you say he doesn't have a bloodline. Are you following in his footsteps and just buy dogs and put the Flavor Flav hype on them or are you working towards creating a "New Blood" line? If you are creating a line, what line are you working with and why? What lines will you never use in your program.

1. You have a great deal of respect for Jose as a breeder, and his knowledge but you say he doesn't have a bloodline. Are you following in his footsteps and just buy dogs and put the Flavor Flav hype on them or are you working towards creating a "New Blood" line?

No, I'm working towards creating the New Blood Line.

2. Im working with all different types of lines. Im not using a certain dog directly from a certain line like Brave heart or Kennedy. Im using dogs with scattered peds with Kennedy, Dailey, and in the future Brave heart in them. Ppl tend to say they are using a certain line but they are really just trying to line up on a certain dog. Im trying to line up on a few dogs and then make my peds tighter. Then from thier I will try to lock down my type of dog. I will use all lines but I will not line up on certain dogs.

Last edited by New Blood Kennels (10/09/2010 10:02 pm)

10/09/2010 10:11 pm  #19

In a previous question, you were asked about wry jaw and you said you didn't think it should be bred.....
My question is, didn't you breed and sell pups off a dog with Wry Jaw? Were the owners aware of the genetic fault in the blood of the pups? Is this why you think health testing isn't as important as Troy or Vito?

As an up an comer, New Blood..... If you bred to a dog with Wry, how is that helping better your program?

10/09/2010 10:27 pm  #20

ghostdog wrote:

In a previous question, you were asked about wry jaw and you said you didn't think it should be bred.....
My question is, didn't you breed and sell pups off a dog with Wry Jaw? Were the owners aware of the genetic fault in the blood of the pups? Is this why you think health testing isn't as important as Troy or Vito?

As an up an comer, New Blood..... If you bred to a dog with Wry, how is that helping better your program?

1. In a previous question, you were asked about wry jaw and you said you didn't think it should be bred.....
My question is, didn't you breed and sell pups off a dog with Wry Jaw?

Yes I did breed to a dog with Wry. I found out it had wry after the fact. The wry in that dog is not very noticable. You really have to look for it. He has won many shows. The judges could not even tell.

2. Were the owners aware of the genetic fault in the blood of the pups?

All of the pups sold as breeders I let them know about the blood. If they didnt want their pups I would take them back and give their money back.

3. Is this why you think health testing isn't as important as Troy or Vito?

No, I can see wry. I do not need to test a dog to see wry. Im not using any of those pups in my line. Health testing is not important to me because I see it as a waste of time really. Like I said before it will take many breeders to change the health of the breed. I see the responsibilty mainly on the registries.

10/09/2010 10:45 pm  #21

Ok, .... This is the HOT seat so ima put you on it.... Almost every hot seat was asked who was the most overrated stud... Who do you think is and why? (Can be more than one)

What breeder do you think is the mot overrated Breeder in the game and why?

Besides the 50 breeding, what would be your Idea of a "Dream Breeding?"

What do you think of breeders without a line, and do they deserve to be called Breeders if they have not established a line?

10/10/2010 10:50 am  #22

New Blood Kennels you are officially off the Generation Next "Hot Seat" and has you are doing you are welcomed to continue answering or not answering N-X members questions...

Great questions Ghostdog I wish you would have emailed them to me to use in the interview... 

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

10/10/2010 11:52 am  #23

ghostdog wrote:

Ok, .... This is the HOT seat so ima put you on it.... Almost every hot seat was asked who was the most overrated stud... Who do you think is and why? (Can be more than one)

What breeder do you think is the mot overrated Breeder in the game and why?

Besides the 50 breeding, what would be your Idea of a "Dream Breeding?"

What do you think of breeders without a line, and do they deserve to be called Breeders if they have not established a line?

1. Almost every hot seat was asked who was the most overrated stud... Who do you think is and why?

As of now the only stud really making waves is Fifty. Is he over rated ? Not really. If he was not producing  he would not be hot. Also most of his offspring stays in Europe. The other studs I see throw 1 litter here and there or are still too young.
Now if you would have asked who is the most under rated, I can think of one !! Hands down!!! I think he is as great or better then Fifty in production. He is having litters as we speak and has produced the most muscular abs in recent history. In fact I think he produced the most muscular AB in recent history. I am going to breed him to ICY. The breeding will be announced this week. I will not mention his name here, you will just have to wait and see. He also has that drive which I love. I just dont breed to any stud. I strive to make HISTORY with every breeding in 2 ways. I want to produce dogs that will be remembered and when I blow up the competition out of the water, they will also be HISTORY!!!!!!

2. What breeder do you think is the mot overrated Breeder in the game and why?

There is no one really making waves in the AB world except Brave Heart, Mega Bulls with Fiftys production, and Harry with his constant production of muscular dogs. I do not see no one as over rated. I think those words are being used to bring down other breeders. Can there be an Over rated dog? Yes there can be. Now a breeder, no. If that breeder is producing quality and what the ppl want, he/she will be around for a long time producing pups and generations. You need to sell or give away pups to continue your line or type of dogs if not you will not be a breeder. You will just be a person who puts 2 dogs together every few years. Thats not longevity in my eyes. You can not claim you have been breeding for many years if you have only bred 2 dogs every few years. You will be considered a pet owner.

3. Besides the 50 breeding, what would be your Idea of a "Dream Breeding?"

As of now I am doing it, It will be announced this week, NEW BLOOD KENNELS STYLE!!!!!!!!!
Now what would be my Dream Breeding to see if it could happen in a perfect world, hmmmm. That would be a Non-WRY Jaw Chaulk put to a muscular double bred Fifty bitch. That would be a dream. Dreams do come true !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep your eyes open!!!! New Blood Kennels is fixing to make a Tsunami in the next 5 years.

4. What do you think of breeders without a line, and do they deserve to be called Breeders if they have not established a line????
I think they are wasting time. Im not saying you have to produce a line, but the goal should be consistency in every breeding you have on your yard.
They are still breeders in my eyes but with different goals. They are just out to make cool dogs with out the consistency. They will always be just simply that, breeders not a real Kennel in my eyes.

10/10/2010 4:43 pm  #24

New Blood Kennels wrote:

Uncle Ish wrote:

Final set:

"Personal Perspective"

1. Vito because he is going against the grain to improve his bloodline and doesn't mind sharing his knowledge.
2. Tray from NapTown for doing his thing with his type of dog and sharing his knowledge.
3. Tony Mancera for his knowledge and Judging skills.
4. Jose for keeping it real and his knowledge.
5. Anthony from Empire Kennels for his knowledge.

There is no need to mention names because what they do will not affect me. If they are meant to last they will be here, if not they will disappear. I have seen many so called breeders come and go in my short time in.

1. I do not care for breeders who can break down ppls dogs and then get offended when you find a defect on thier dog.
2. Breeders who say thier dogs are the best and dont bring them out to shows.
3. Breders who are breeding dogs not shown to the public and claiming their breeding is going to be great.
4. Breeders who talk about other breeders to sell pups.

When I start producing better dogs with each generation I think it gives me a clue I know what I am doing. Also when my dogs can compete with the best and place first or second thats another clue. Why would I sit on the sidelines for? and learn what from who? What knowledge? The only knowledge I see talked about is conformation, health, and breeding.  The health topic is basically pick your poison. I dont mean to toot my horn but I think I have posted more topics of discussion then anyone else since I have been on. You have some breeders which do not like me
1. because I came in the game too fast and I am still here.
2. because I post topics of discussion and I am newer then most of these old breeders.
3. I know more then some of the old breeders.
4. My dogs win at shows
5. Im hungry for knowledge
6. Im attractive- no lie.
The list goes on........ Im going to keep on. Only time and the QUALITY of my dogs will tell if I was meant to last !

Good Answers but slow down youngin..you know I gotta hit U up on some of these ;)...Para 3 is killin me...

1) you are still here but some of your dogs are not, due to you being "new" to the breed.
I have been in the breed since the late 1990's early 2000 I have NEVER lost a dog.
I also remember U being the youngin that asked how to cut his dogs ears with scissors or a knife or some Shizzy..

2) you do post alot of topics..I admire U for that..my father always said there is no stupid question.

3) you know more than some of the old breeders...maybe but doubt it..with age comes a bit of wisdom dear.

4) My dogs win at shows..hummm..ALOT of dogs win at shows..including mine..so you are special how..

5) Attractive..that is in the eye of the beholder..so dont let your lil nappy head get to big..

You keep working and learning..good luck on your endeavors..

e;)

10/10/2010 5:18 pm  #25

How is one person doing health checks gonna change anything?      I can see doing A breeding of untested dogs but to base your whole kennel around untested dogs just seems like a massive gamble. Because you don't want to waste time?  It takes 4 hours and$ 200-400 to save your self possibly years of a setback. What happens if your main stud ends up being dysplastic and don't show signs untill he us 5 or 6 years old. How many breedings would have possibly been done with a dysplastic dog. Just a thought.

And saying what is one person gonna change is like saying why should anyone join the military each of us is olny one person. But there is power in numbers. There are plenty of people that sell pups and don't put any of the money back into there dogs.  Be a leader.  Hell 10 years ago when I started in this game @20 years old old  that's how I looked at stuff. But over time I have matured.   

Mike.

Last edited by PureDetermination (10/10/2010 5:19 pm)

WWW.PUREDETERMINATIONBULLDOGS.COM

Board footera