Photobucket

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/31/2010 7:41 pm  #1

What happened to all the Painter dogs???

I havent seen any since the mid 90`s did anybody try and keep that strain alive? My memory of them was hard working dogs that had bully features and great muscle tone with bullet proof temperments... wish I could go back in time and get my hands on a couple...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

1/31/2010 9:27 pm  #2

Re: What happened to all the Painter dogs???

check these sites out...   Throwback American Bulldogs - Painter through Kershner, GABC & Tappe and Painter's site at www.freewebs.com/paintersamericanbulldogs/   Jim

Last edited by JGM-NC (1/31/2010 9:55 pm)

2/01/2010 9:37 pm  #3

Chris Kelley and Danny Barnes still have some. Mike Margentina came and got a dog from Danny a while back.

2/01/2010 9:45 pm  #4

Damn Ish that takes us back atleast 12 years,
The Harley,Buster,Iron Axhead,Thor days damn!!

.Love your rivals cause you need someone to beat.

2/01/2010 9:48 pm  #5

Yeah man I would breed any of these bully females to Kung Fu or Harley... anybody breeding the painters with the masculine builds???

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

2/01/2010 11:59 pm  #6

Yo ISH i got something nice coming my way!!!!!cant't wait looks kinda olds school to me!!! 10wks
http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l352/powerhousebullys/Unnamed-1-1.jpg

2/02/2010 7:42 am  #7

Keep me posted Lou I love the throw backs!!! 

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

3/20/2011 7:09 pm  #8

I've got a 10mo old 23.5in 105lb painter/leclerc/koura performance standard x BH big bully bitch = hybred

CH Wrigley x BH Shilo = Brave Heart's  Invictus..........pics to come very soon....not what anyone would imagine would come from such a mix of blood

here is his belly sis, Jr Ch Liah............he is a sharp contrast to her

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/spring2011/websize/cshowliah.JPG

my favorite dogs in their ped
Gubby...amazing dog

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/arch_dab/AB%20Legends/600_gubby5.jpg

http://www.friendsofthefamily.info/Site/bulldog_peds_files/gubbyposter.jpg

CHANGING THE GAME...DAMN IT!!!!

3/20/2011 7:31 pm  #9

They look solid V...I appreciate what the good individuals of this strain brought to the table...you still have that giant male from this matchup???

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

3/20/2011 9:11 pm  #10

There out there just depends on where you look.

B

3/21/2011 9:08 am  #11

I've got a huge female with some painter,margentena,leclerc blood. She is big for a female 10 mths. 88 pds. Waiting to see how she turns out. Was a little easty westy as a pup but now is growing out of it and looking pretty good. She is huge for her blood . Didn't know they got that big.

3/21/2011 10:52 am  #12

I have seen V's male...he's got some of the most unbeleivable bone I have ever seen at 10 months. He is a true monster, and his movement is  incredibly fluid. I can't even imagine what he will end up like..

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

- Bertrand Russell

3/21/2011 12:14 pm  #13

Basically all the original "painter" dogs are gone, most of them shortly after Joe had personal problems in the 90s.  Whatever remained after that got shifted in the direction of various other breeders or just died off.  The website posted was Joe's son, the dog on it ended up with Mike Margentina, who doesn't have any strictly "painter" blood to breed it to.  Neither Danny Barnes nor Chris Kelley have any real "painter" dogs, to the best of my understanding.

There are still several people breeding kershner dogs, but they are not painter dogs, as Joe would be happy to tell you.

3/22/2011 5:15 pm  #14

Pauly wrote:

Basically all the original "painter" dogs are gone, most of them shortly after Joe had personal problems in the 90s.  Whatever remained after that got shifted in the direction of various other breeders or just died off.  The website posted was Joe's son, the dog on it ended up with Mike Margentina, who doesn't have any strictly "painter" blood to breed it to.  Neither Danny Barnes nor Chris Kelley have any real "painter" dogs, to the best of my understanding.

There are still several people breeding kershner dogs, but they are not painter dogs, as Joe would be happy to tell you.

Some of the stock I saw in the mid 90`s was the O.G Painter stock some real impressive bulldogs indeed... I havent found it in its old form since those dogs died off or were out crossed...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

3/22/2011 9:52 pm  #15

Friend of mine had a pure painter bitch, she was inbred bridgette.  She had some notable qualities, and some notable faults.  If I was to compare the good performance dogs of today to her - and she was considered a very good one- I would say the dogs of today are much better.

Board footera