Photobucket

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/16/2010 4:18 pm  #1

Troy "Cold Country" you are officially on the Hot Seat,,

Before anyone starts complaining about Troy on the "Hot Seat"... he might not be an accomplished breeder yet, he needs to prove himself in that category but he has accomplished alot in a short time in this breed: Champions,Working,Health screening,Culling ETC... few of the big time breeders we love and whos dogs we use do half of this... so today we do it rapid fire style!!!

"Here's a few questions people emailed us"

Troy here is your first set:

1. We know you take great pride on your Dogs but what are they lacking. and what blood besides daily or braveheart will you use to fix it?

2. Your Dogs are considered to be very well structured but they are consider small when it comes to bone and mass what are you planning on doing to fix this.?

3. You call alot of people out in the breed for this and that and being wet behind the ears.  How long have you owned ABs?

4.  You talk alot about culling bad pups and culling "Hard".  How many pups have you culled (put down, not homed in a pet home)?

5.  You talk alot about champions.  How many times in the ring have you beat more than 3 dogs in your class, and not "Over All"... your actual class?

6. Tom Venn dosen't go to shows, Ok, Huggy is with Vito and Troy more than Tom, Why don't one of you guys bring him out with you, Since you hit about every show???

Your next 3 Ish will put them on later.

Last edited by Uncle Ish (2/16/2010 5:10 pm)

.Love your rivals cause you need someone to beat.

2/16/2010 6:27 pm  #2

Re: Troy "Cold Country" you are officially on the Hot Seat,,

Bump::

.Love your rivals cause you need someone to beat.

2/16/2010 7:21 pm  #3

First of all I would like to Thank the Nation X board for this opportunity.  Second I would ask Harry to cut his nuts off like he promised to do.  He made a post saying that I would never be on the hot seat and he would bet his nuts on it.  So Harry find a good vet and cut them off LOL.

1. We know you take great pride on your Dogs but what are they lacking. and what blood besides daily or braveheart will you use to fix it?

It would depend on which dogs you were talking about.  So I will go down the list:

BMJ:  I would like a bigger head, a little heavier bone.  But his head and bone are proportionate to his body.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j114/churchiller/IMG_7253.jpg

Gracie:  Same as her father, more bone, typier/bigger head.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j114/churchiller/IMG_8214.jpg

Shine:  Big female selected for one purpose to breed to BMJ.  The only thing I would fix about her is I like a little tighter coat,  and tighter feet.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j114/churchiller/IMG_0727.jpg

Taboo:  I would like a little more bone, and a bigger head piece.  She is extremely drivey and is the best breathing dog I have ever owned.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j114/churchiller/IMG_1418.jpg

Butters:  Could be a little straighter in the rear.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j114/churchiller/IMG_5135.jpg

Gaucho:  Still evaluating this pup.  So far I like what I see.  I would give him some bigger nostrils LOL.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j114/churchiller/IMG_1407-1.jpg

Nala:  I would give her a little more angulation and I hate her ear set.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j114/churchiller/IMG_5065.jpg

I am breeding BMJ to MMK's Junkyard of WTK.  Junk is a SHEMALE.  She will add bone, size, deeper brisket, breathing ability, and a bigger/typier head.  This combination will bring together straight fire for temperaments, insane muscle and structure.  I like this breeding  because I don't sacrifice structure to get the things I want.  There were three pups in the Spawn X Isis breeding and I would feed everyone of them.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j114/churchiller/IMG_8926.jpg

BMJ to Blevin's Pearl of MGK .  Pearl is an amazing female and is both a conformation and weightpull champion.  This breeding brings in great breathing ability, workability, without compromising structure.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j114/churchiller/Pearl.jpg

I will also be bringing in more standard blood to the mix.  I have a few dogs in mine.  One of them being this male with a standard pedigree but bully phenotype.
Blevin's Ozzy of IGK
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j114/churchiller/ozzy2.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j114/churchiller/Ozzy4.jpg

I think what my dogs bring to the table is insane muscle, great temperaments, and structure.  I don't own one perfect dog, but I don't own one f'd up dog either.  I gave them all away LOL.  I can't take credit for any of the dogs I own, as I didn't produce them.  All credit goes to Vito and Jeff.  What I can take credit for is not settling, and putting a kennel together with some great dogs.  Dogs that all have what it takes to be a conformation champion, and do some work.

Last edited by Cold Country (2/16/2010 7:24 pm)

2/16/2010 8:06 pm  #4

Your  Lineups a Joke just like you

2/16/2010 8:13 pm  #5

Gee.... Brilliant retort....

Dogs look pretty damn good to my untrained eye....

2/16/2010 8:26 pm  #6

2. Your Dogs are considered to be very well structured but they are consider small when it comes to bone and mass what are you planning on doing to fix this.?

What most people don't understand is that the American Bulldog IMO was never meant to be what the JDJ dog is today.  If you look at every historical painting, picture, etc.  you would see that the Original English Bulldog was not an overdone dog.  In fact if you look at pics of Crib and Rosa and the other paintings from th 18-1900's you would see:  Tight skin and muscle, lack of wrinkles, nice tucks, bully but not overdone heads or bone.  You also wouldn't gauge from the pictures that any one of those dogs would be over 85lb.

Here are some historical paintings:
http://www.bulldoginformation.com/american-bulldog-history.html

So to understand my dogs and what my goals are I must first tell you what they are.  My goal is to produce the Original English Bulldog.  Dogs like what you see in those historical paintings.  Dogs free of the english/olde traits such as a stright stifle, no muzzle, loose feet, bad bites, loose skin, no muscle, bad breathing, and lack of tuck. and jacked up toplines.  Dogs not known for overdone headtypes and bone but rather for their proportion, level of structure, insane muscle and bulldog temperaments.  I am NOT trying to produce a Johnson type dog.  My ideal dogs are males 22-23 inches, 85-95lb.  Females 20-22 inches, 70-80lb.

Now to increase type and bone I could go out and breed to the bulliest, most extreme dog out there.  But with that often times comes the other problems mentioned above.  For those bone and headtype it may be a quick fix, but this may also set me back structurally, muscularly, and functionally.  That is something that I am not willing to sacrifice.  I would prefer to use very select outcrosses such as Junk, Pearl, and using my female Shine.  I may not get everything the first breeding.  But if I pick puppies very carefully, selecting for what I am looking for, and do this for a couple of generations.  I should be able to get what I am looking for without sacrificing the structural integrity.  It will take me longer, but I think it will provide me with a higher quality product in the end.  For me this is not a race.  it is a passion and I have a ton of time to accomplish my goals.

Last edited by Cold Country (2/16/2010 9:54 pm)

2/16/2010 8:28 pm  #7

troy i didnt like you at first and we gotinto a lil beef but im man enough to admit i was wrong you have a great line up and are as honest as ive ever heard . you answered straight up your dogs are amazing . sorry for being such an ass in the past troy.

2/16/2010 8:36 pm  #8

Troy you have feminine small dogs with no chests whatsoever and all of sudden thats what you are breeding for ...Youre a joke...the original English bulldogs had bulldog traits your dogs resemble more the boxer of old days ...yes the original bulldogs were smaller and were not perfect conformationally in anyway they were turned out front feet ,sloppy and very bully heads for the most part...your dogs are supposed to be American Bulldogs not original bulldosg ...If you want to breed original bulldogs the olde is more of the true bullbaiting type bulldog ...If you would like to take this nonsense you just spit from your uneducated mouth further  I can Gladly post of 50 pictures right now to prove you ignorance..

2/16/2010 8:38 pm  #9

MR. KENNEDY you are one that should not be talking bout a joke of a line up .i dont know you but for what i here ,Yout of the long timers outthere DAILEY, BHB, SS,MGK,YOUR LINE IS BY FAR THE WORST . Iknow people who are getting better results using your own Shizzy than you . so shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

2/16/2010 8:42 pm  #10

U dont know me so stay to yourself puppet..Ive produced more good dogs  than all the breeders you mentioned put together ...Troy is just starting out and hes the biggest a-hold in the breed he can handle himself puppet

2/16/2010 9:03 pm  #11

Cold Country wrote:

2a.) Troy you have bred to Huggy with a litter on the ground...... So how is breeding to a small bone, small mass size Huggy going to fix\correct the current problems in your program???

2b.) Troy your claim to fame is "Tested AB's in the ring".......... Why is it OK for you to breed too untested dogs in the ring and then you criticise others for the same practices...... Isnt this Hypocricy at its highest, please explain???

Please answer, both are legitmate questions that a breeder should be able to answer.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj197/jamesporch/SunshinePlaymaker_zps2df3e6ce.jpg

2/16/2010 9:12 pm  #12

I am interested in the ORIGINAL questions asked. Can we please let CC answer the questions he was presented with before some of you start bashing the hell out of him?

Last edited by JJB (2/16/2010 9:16 pm)

2/16/2010 9:13 pm  #13

now im a puppet ? i speak the truth and im a puppet ? troy was asked questions and answered them ,noted his dogs defects which compered to your wrecks are like flowers compared to Shizzy ,we've had our fights and im a puppet lmfao .i remember your hot seat and boy was that funny , waaaahhhhhh waaaahhhhhh poor little baby is all i remember  .igot into a few fights with him when i didnt agree with him and im a puppet, drink your milk and go night night cry baby lol

2/16/2010 9:15 pm  #14

sorry x nation i wont interupt again just thought it was funny what the cry baby  had to say

2/16/2010 9:23 pm  #15

JJB wrote:

I am interested in the ORIGINAL questions asked. Can we please let CC answer the questions he was presented with before some of you start bashing the hell out of him?

4 hours for six questions....... C'mon dude I have been debating Troy all morning....... And he answered every argument........ Wrongly but he answered them with in minutes.............. He is clearly phoning a friend right now....... He had a week to prepare and to get his family settled for this moment....... Im just keeping it real!!!!!

Last edited by jamesporch (2/16/2010 9:24 pm)

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj197/jamesporch/SunshinePlaymaker_zps2df3e6ce.jpg

2/16/2010 9:25 pm  #16

3. You call alot of people out in the breed for this and that and being wet behind the ears.  How long have you owned ABs?

I got my first AB in 2005.  So I guess that would make 5 years.  But during this time I have learned alot.  I didn't leave it up to message boards to teach me.  I studied the breed and canines in general.  I was lucky to meet people like Jeff and V who are responsible for alot of what I know.  But still I haven't left it up to them to teach me everything either.  I have made bad decisions when buying pups.  I have had several dogs with problems.  But I learned from these mistakes/experiences.  When a dog had a problem albeit genetic or not I would research it.  There is so much misinformation on these boards written by respected individuals within the breed that just isn't true.  Take wry jaw for example.  People were saying that it could be from nutrition, working dogs too hard, environment etc.  But that is all wrong, there is only once cause and that is Genetics.  But the flock will listen to those with more experience and take what they say as the truth, because they have been in the breed longer.  But your information is only as good as the source.  And message boards have very few reliable sources.  Experience doesn't equal knowledge!!

People can say Troy has only been in the breed 5 years.  What does he know.  Well I have got out there.  I have visited kennels, attended shows, and seen what is out there.  My opinions come from actually seeing dogs, not just going by what is posted.  Even though sometimes that is all a person needs.  I have competed against the best.  I have lost, I have won.  But at the end of the day I am happy with what I have and confident enough to stack them against anything, anywhere.  Win or Lose, I make no excuses.  I know what I have.  Years in the breed, and how many litters you have produced doesn't mean Shizzy.  Show me that you can pick a pup, show me that you can cull a bad dog, show me that you can determine breed quality vs. pet quality.  SHOW ME RESULTS!!

2/16/2010 9:27 pm  #17

James I actually just had company leave my house fool.  I also had Tom from Venn Kennels come visit today and check out the Gracie X Bo litter.  Plus I went out and weightpulled my dogs.  James you are exactly what I am talking about in this post.  Bring your dogs out and compete.  Don't just sit home and breed your wry POS!!

2/16/2010 9:28 pm  #18

He started posting at 7:21 PM and he is clearly articulating his posts carefully. "Keeping it real" would take into consideration that he may not have his butt parked in front of the computer, has stuff going on around the house and is answering when he gets a minute.

2/16/2010 9:33 pm  #19

4.  You talk alot about culling bad pups and culling "Hard".  How many pups have you culled (put down, not homed in a pet home)?

I have culled 7 dogs due to temperament, hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia, wry jaw, allergies, cryptorchidism.

2/16/2010 9:35 pm  #20

Cold Country wrote:

James I actually just had company leave my house fool.  I also had Tom from Venn Kennels come visit today and check out the Gracie X Bo litter.  Plus I went out and weightpulled my dogs.  James you are exactly what I am talking about in this post.  Bring your dogs out and compete.  Don't just sit home and breed your wry POS!!

Please...... You are a joke...... Keep giving your spin Junior........ You couldnt pic a pup even if you had his genes mapped........ Youve got culls dude and your breeding to them as well.......... Stop shaming!!!!!

2/16/2010 9:37 pm  #21

JJB wrote:

He started posting at 7:21 PM and he is clearly articulating his posts carefully. "Keeping it real" would take into consideration that he may not have his butt parked in front of the computer, has stuff going on around the house and is answering when he gets a minute.

Another rider.......... Your dad would be disapointed!!!!!

2/16/2010 9:38 pm  #22

jamesporch wrote:

JJB wrote:

Be careful cupcake...... You don't know who you're talking to......

2/16/2010 9:39 pm  #23

JJB wrote:

jamesporch wrote:

JJB wrote:

JJB.......

2/16/2010 9:39 pm  #24

Troy ? what size heads are you looking for and what size heads are you working with now.

2/16/2010 9:42 pm  #25

jamesporch wrote:

JJB wrote:

jamesporch wrote:

JJB.......

Great reply! Ouch, you got me! Now can we please listen to what CC has to say or are you going to make us all dumber with your rants?

Board footera