Photobucket

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/17/2010 5:17 pm  #126

Re: Troy "Cold Country" you are officially on the Hot Seat,,

Steve,
I was speaking of body suite because that normally means mostly white with colors kinda drapped over the white, Like mostly white head  white feet white tip on tail and white belly.  I asked Vito because he knows a lot more about the colors in the standard than you do. I asked because even in the post he made on color is starts with white. I thought that meant white with whatever colors listed added to the white. To me the pic Vito posted under the Alan Scott pic shows a white dog with black body suite, Do you now understand my question ?

Steve,
If Huggy is black with white markings, Does he have a black mask ?  I would really like to understand the whole color thing in the standards, Because that is the only thing that has caused all the crap talking about Huggy.
Do you have any black dogs ? If you don't do you know of any other than Franco's that you can post pics of to kind of explain the whole color thing. Not pics from 20 or 30 years ago when the standards were being re-worked but dogs from say the last 5 years or so, Not including the Kennedy dogs we have all seen....Thanks Steve, I look forward to the pics and lesson on how the colors are written in the standards..............
Vito,
Can Steve please answer. Because I think he will make it easier for me to understand........I have read over and over about color in the standards and still don't get it...

2/17/2010 5:24 pm  #127

Thai wrote:

Steve,
I was speaking of body suite because that normally means mostly white with colors kinda drapped over the white, Like mostly white head  white feet white tip on tail and white belly.  I asked Vito because he knows a lot more about the colors in the standard than you do. I asked because even in the post he made on color is starts with white. I thought that meant white with whatever colors listed added to the white. To me the pic Vito posted under the Alan Scott pic shows a white dog with black body suite, Do you now understand my question ?

Steve,
If Huggy is black with white markings, Does he have a black mask ?  I would really like to understand the whole color thing in the standards, Because that is the only thing that has caused all the crap talking about Huggy.
Do you have any black dogs ? If you don't do you know of any other than Franco's that you can post pics of to kind of explain the whole color thing. Not pics from 20 or 30 years ago when the standards were being re-worked but dogs from say the last 5 years or so, Not including the Kennedy dogs we have all seen....Thanks Steve, I look forward to the pics and lesson on how the colors are written in the standards..............
Vito,
Can Steve please answer. Because I think he will make it easier for me to understand........I have read over and over about color in the standards and still don't get it...

I understood clearly that you asked Vito....by all means he knows more than I.  However, from what I've read and seen in person, your description did not make sense?  So I was asking for clarification and not being a smart ass.  I have been to a number of shows where there were black dogs.  So I am quite surprised how people on the internet get so riled about them and act as if they dont exist or are quite rare?  Two of the Senior judges in the NKC have black dogs.  In fact, their black dogs have championed out.  They run the registry, so I'm just guessing that they would know what is acceptable and what isnt?  Do you have a copy of standards that talk about body suits or color on a white dog?  That is the part that I just havent seen.

NO, I do not own a black dog nor a dog with any black markings.  Would I?  Well, I didnt like red nose dogs either, but I took one when it was the best structured dog.....another words Thai....I'm not caught up in the color....more concerned about other aspects of the dog.

2/17/2010 5:40 pm  #128

United Kennel Club......AMERICAN BULLDOG (REVISED OCTOBER 1, 2009)
http://www.ukcdogs.com/WebSite.nsf/Breeds/AmericanBulldogRevisedOctober12009

COLOR
Any color, color pattern, or combination of colors is acceptable, except for solid black, solid blue, merle, and tricolor (white with patches of black and tan). A full black mask is also unacceptable. Some dark brindle coats may appear black unless examined in very bright light. A buckskin color pattern, where the base of the hair is fawn and the tips are black, may also appear solid black. A judge should not disqualify an American Bulldog for black color unless the dog has been examined in sunlight or other equally bright light.
Serious Fault: Less than 10% white markings.
Disqualifications: Solid black or blue with no white markings; tricolor (white with patches of black and tan); merle; full black mask.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj197/jamesporch/SunshinePlaymaker_zps2df3e6ce.jpg

2/17/2010 5:46 pm  #129

jamesporch wrote:

United Kennel Club......AMERICAN BULLDOG (REVISED OCTOBER 1, 2009)
http://www.ukcdogs.com/WebSite.nsf/Breeds/AmericanBulldogRevisedOctober12009

COLOR
Any color, color pattern, or combination of colors is acceptable, except for solid black, solid blue, merle, and tricolor (white with patches of black and tan). A full black mask is also unacceptable. Some dark brindle coats may appear black unless examined in very bright light. A buckskin color pattern, where the base of the hair is fawn and the tips are black, may also appear solid black. A judge should not disqualify an American Bulldog for black color unless the dog has been examined in sunlight or other equally bright light.
Serious Fault: Less than 10% white markings.
Disqualifications: Solid black or blue with no white markings; tricolor (white with patches of black and tan); merle; full black mask.

James...are your dogs registered with the UKC?  Do you show in the UKC?  Just curious? I'm not very familiar with them.

2/17/2010 5:53 pm  #130

Steve,

Body suit is only a term used to explain what I just said. It has nothing to do with any written standard, Only a term used often in decsribing color. I would really appreciate a few pics from the many shows you have attended showing the black dogs. Are they black with white or white dogs with black markings ? Just a few pics of dogs more recent like 5 or 6 years thats all. I still don't understand the whole solid black thing, I will when you post current black dogs and explain in simple terms please......Is Huggy's mask black or not ? I like Huggy and think his stucture is very nice . I am only asking you to post pics of recent black dogs and please explain in simple terms what the solid blavk means on the dogs you post, Not Huggy Gracie or Franco's dogs, Just some of the many black dogs you have seen at the mant shows you have attended...............Thanks, Please keep it simple.   
Does black mask only apply to dogs that aren't black? I just don't get it.............

2/17/2010 6:08 pm  #131

http://pets.iloveindia.com/dogs/dog-breed/american-bulldog.html

Appearance
The American Bulldog is a stocky and well built breed of dog, having powerful jaws. Its coat is generally short and smooth. These dogs are found in a variety of colors and patterns, such as, solid white or any color pattern including black, red, brown, fawn and all shades of brindle, but blue color is highly undesirable. American bulldogs of solid black, solid blue colors, or the white ones which have patches of black and tan colors are not at all preferred. It is considered as a serious fault and can become a reason for disqualification by most breed standards. The weight of American Bulldogs is generally found between 70 to 125 lbs for Males and 60 to 100 lbs for Females. While the height is generally 22 to 28 inches for Males and 20 to 26 inches for Females

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj197/jamesporch/SunshinePlaymaker_zps2df3e6ce.jpg

2/17/2010 6:45 pm  #132

Thai wrote:

Steve,

Body suit is only a term used to explain what I just said. It has nothing to do with any written standard, Only a term used often in decsribing color. I would really appreciate a few pics from the many shows you have attended showing the black dogs. Are they black with white or white dogs with black markings ? Just a few pics of dogs more recent like 5 or 6 years thats all. I still don't understand the whole solid black thing, I will when you post current black dogs and explain in simple terms please......Is Huggy's mask black or not ? I like Huggy and think his stucture is very nice . I am only asking you to post pics of recent black dogs and please explain in simple terms what the solid blavk means on the dogs you post, Not Huggy Gracie or Franco's dogs, Just some of the many black dogs you have seen at the mant shows you have attended...............Thanks, Please keep it simple.   
Does black mask only apply to dogs that aren't black? I just don't get it.............

Thai, I have to say that I'm surprised that you havent seen the same dogs  that I have.  You claim to be down south hog hunting.  LOL!  I'll look through my pics frm a variety of the shows...we have thousands and thousands of pics.  I'm really not sure how many pictures of the black dogs that we have as they are quite often standard dogs and frankly we take more pics of the classic dogs since that is what we prefer.  But I'll humor you.  Now I'm sure that some of the simpletons will latch onto the "standard" vs. bully thing, but I believe that the color parts of the standard are the same for both varities.

I'll get back to you in a bit.....I'll try to keep the pics simple for you.......

2/17/2010 6:47 pm  #133

jamesporch wrote:

Appearance
The American Bulldog is a stocky and well built breed of dog, having powerful jaws. Its coat is generally short and smooth. These dogs are found in a variety of colors and patterns, such as, solid white or any color pattern including black, red, brown, fawn and all shades of brindle, but blue color is highly undesirable. American bulldogs of solid black, solid blue colors, or the white ones which have patches of black and tan colors are not at all preferred. It is considered as a serious fault and can become a reason for disqualification by most breed standards. The weight of American Bulldogs is generally found between 70 to 125 lbs for Males and 60 to 100 lbs for Females. While the height is generally 22 to 28 inches for Males and 20 to 26 inches for Females

Your brilliance surprises all of us James.  LOL!  I havent seen any solid black dogs.  I've seen a number of prodominately black dogs with white markings, but not solid black.  What have you seen in person?  Any solid black AB's?

2/17/2010 9:50 pm  #134

Broadbuilt question:
If your trying to breed the english bulldog out of your line,why not just breed standard AB's?I know you didn't state this in this post,but have heard you say this before.Thanks.

What happened to just breeding AB's period??  How about one standard??  I don't know anything good that came out of the EB cross.  It might have helped with type, but IMO it was just a quick fix that set the breed back.  We went from being a functional breed to having elongated soft palates, twisted hocks, straight stifles, jacked up toplines and bites, loose skin, eye problems, etc.  I want to breed for the Original.  It is my goal to create a program that will focus on abolishing these traits and restoring the Bully AB to a functional dog that is healthy and conformationally correct.

2/17/2010 9:56 pm  #135

ghostdog:
Im sure you would agree thaat Prince Mufassa hasn't been bred to the calibre females that 50 has.... That being said if you had to breed your best female to one of them who would it be and why? And do you think Prince would out produce 50 being bred to the same females that 50 has been bred to?

I don't think either dog has been bred to great females.  If I had to use one of them I would probably use 50.  His hips are in the top 90 or 100% of the breed.  He has also produced some dogs with good hips.  I don't believe that Prince Fass has any health certs and I am not aware of his offspring having health certs.  If I was going to use a one of my females with 50 it would be The Shining of Dailey.  She is Woolly Bully X Queen of Hearts.  She is from a half brother sister off of Mustang Pete and her grandmother is Shady lady who is Caleb's littermate sister.  She is big and correct.  I think she would have the best chance of correcting 50's topline and rear.  It also goes back into the stronger part of Fifty's Pedigree. 

I don't know which dog would outproduce each other if bred to the same females.  That would just be guessing.  I am not really impressed with either as a stud dog.

2/17/2010 9:58 pm  #136

Troy your final set: LET HIM ANSWER BEFORE YOU JUMP ALL IN!!!

1. The games most over hyped stud and why??? Could it actually be Huggy???

2. What program is worst for the breed and what program is helping the breed progress???

3. Why do you think many breeders are reluctant to health test there breeding stock??? And have you bred any untested stock ever??? If so why were YOU the exception??

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

2/17/2010 10:12 pm  #137

this is a joke, just keep seeing and hearing same Shizzy. now were turning american bulldogs to the oringinal english bulldog. What about turning american bulldogs to better american bulldogs.

2/17/2010 10:12 pm  #138

1. The games most over hyped stud and why??? Could it actually be Huggy???1. The games most over hyped stud and why??? Could it actually be Huggy???

First of all if you tell the truth, it is not hype.  Huggy is a great dog structurally, with insane muscle and type.  It is one thing to be a nice dog (Fass), and another to be a great dog who also happens to be a great producer.  Huggy has only produced 3 litters so I think it is a little premature to call him a great producer  But if what I see in these first three litters is a good indication, I think he will be known for being a great dog and producer.  Huggy is throwing his type and muscle consistently, he throws his deep brisket in a majority of his pups, and also his structure.  That is what a good stud dog does.  There will be about 8 or 9 Huggy pups coming out this year.  The public can then see for themselves and make a decision from what they see with their own eyes.  That is, if they do more than just sit behind a computer LOL.

Gaucho of Venn, (Huggy X Juanita) 8 mos. in these pics. PH'd .36, .36 top 100% of the breed.  This is just a little sneak peak of what he is producing.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j114/churchiller/IMG_1799.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j114/churchiller/IMG_1607.jpg

I answered the question regarding the games most over hyped stud and why.  I think Fifty is definitely the most over hyped stud, and Prince Fass IMO is just over rated and not so much hyped.  I am not impressed with most of what these dogs have produced.  Sure they have produced a few nice dogs, but I am not impressed with the majority of their progeny.

2/17/2010 10:15 pm  #139

Cincy what do you think the Original English Bulldog was.  It was the American bulldog in it's purest form.  It was the dog who performed the tasks that shape the AB's history and the standards written.  Producing dogs that resemble the Original English Bulldog, and are capable of doing the tasks the breed was traditionally used for is MAKING A BETTER AB!!

2/17/2010 10:55 pm  #140

2. What program is worst for the breed and what program is helping the breed progress???

I think the worst program for the breed is Fastlane's.  In this breed there are many people who are sheep.  People who see Harry post his cars, house and talk about how much money he makes.  He is loud, flamboyant, and makes all kinds of ridiculous claims and people buy into it.  Whether he knows what he is doing or not, there are several people that come into the breed and look up to him.  They see a guy who claims to be at the top of the food chain, produce 100% correct dogs with 30 inch heads and weigh 130lb LOL.  They see a guy who is knowingly breeding a highly genetic trait into the gene pool.  So if Harry can do it, why can't they.  What happened to breed selection?  What happened to pet quality vs. breeding quality??  Part of being a great breeder is being able to select quality breeding stock.  If you can't do that, then you have no business breeding dogs.  People like Harry need to lead by example.

The program I see helping the breed progress IMO is Brave Heart Bulldogs.  Who do you see writing more informative posts, taking time out of his day to answer questions, taking phone calls from strangers etc.  How many people out there have even asked them how to breed their bitches.  Even if they weren't interested in breeding to one of his males he still has taken the time to help others out and back it up with rationale.  I think Vito is one generation away from producing dogs that the rest of the breed will be compared too for many years to come.  The structure, muscle, and health is there.  Once he establishes a consistent type it is game over.  Most bully breeders wouldn't have used Jacq, Bellisima, and Suzie Q.  V took alot of heat for taking a non bully type bitch back to her father Bullistic.  V, has been willing to sacrifice type to take the dogs to another level.  A level that would never have been reached otherwise.  The progression from Jacq and Bellisima, to BMJ and Bo, to Huggy and Gracie is monumental.  V has lead by example.  He has culled extremely hard.  He has PH'd over a 100 dogs.  That is probably more than 20,000 dollars in x-rays alone.  V has done things the right way and hasn't cut corners in achieving his ideal AB.

2/17/2010 11:07 pm  #141

CharlesGregory wrote:

Q.) I have a question for you CC. I have been watching the boards for about 2 weeks now and in that time, I have seen you, Dailey, Vito, Harry and a few others seem to gather and gang up on Doug Kennedy & his yard. With all do respectto Mr. Kennedy, i dont know this guy, in fact he is one of the breeders that i reached out to and didnt realy recieve a response. It could just be he didnt recieve my emails. In any event, I dont get why you guys bash him so much. I respect you guys alot, especialy as a newbee. I look at and recognize you guys have shown and placed  your dogs. I GET IT.

I see that your dogs can warrant 3000 plus dollars a pup. I GET IT!

I see that your dogs are the best conformation dogs around and his dogs are way too broad in the chest. I GET IT!

I see that he hasnt won (allegedly) as many titles as you guys, and your dogs are supposed to be more superior. I GET IT!   

but what i dont get is... if his dogs are that bad, why does his bloodline seem to bee in more dogs then all of you guys combined??

Not to mention the foundation dogs to some of the great dogs and breeders out there. IMO, its more than just they only go for 500 smaker-roos... WTF is going on with you guys?

If his dogs are so lame, why even bother mentioning him?

Only people who are a threat, get mentioned in war.. Others just fall by the waistside cause they dont matter even gracing the lips of the Greats. So wether you like it or not, you guys banter with one man seems to speak volumes on his position as a dog man.
Muhammad ALI had everyone after him to take his thrown, there was some who beat him but that did not take away the fact that he was great. AND THATS REAL TALK!

I thought this was a very true response to what has been going on here.  I would have to think that most people on here are breeders, or plan on breeding in the future (I am a pet owner  ).  What you have is a melting pot of opinions.  My view of somebody that is  breeding dogs is they feel that they think they are going to produce some great dogs and improve the breed, OR breed for what they like. Some charge 5000, and some charge 1000.  It is all a matter of opinion, and everyone that is a breeder thinks they are doing it correct and the best. 
Just like the quote above... It does speak volumes on Kennedys position when everyone is going at him like this.  He has been at it for along time and others haven't.  It is easy to use people as stepping stones, but it takes real men to work together to better the breed.  If you guys spent half the time that you do picking on Doug (Or others/back and forth between the groups), or on this message board talking Shizzy--As you could--Working together (Breeder & Breeder) across kennels without the Bullcrap!!!! Can you thick headed KNOW IT ALL'S IMAGINE the dogs that you could be producing???? REALLY!!!! Think about it?  In this day and age we are more connected then ever (I am typing a message that who knows how many people will read) and instead of using this opportunity to work with other breeders to produce great dogs you guys just bash, trash, and talk hours of Shizzy.  WOW!!! I feel like this is Junior High again. 
Challenge: All of you talk about how the breed is all over the place.  Nothing is uniform, or consistent.  Well... DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.  Don't just complain and be part of the problem. Even if you are kicking ass producing dogs a few litters a year.  Is that really all you can do?  No!  If you guys weren't as concerned about your being the Shizzy you could work together, learn from each other, talk like men (respect for eachother) and do something about changing the breed and NOT TRYING TO DO IT BY YOURSELF!  Look at all the people here that are 100% AB's, but instead of working together you guys just act like 13 year old kids.  It is pretty funny, and I do laugh alot when I read this crap, but then I look at my 2 AB's and it really kills me to think that you all just waste the chance to better the breed.  ON LARGE SCALE, because of school yard Bullcrap.
I am trying really hard to think outside of the box on this and not take sides.  It boils down to the dogs.  It is all about the dogs.  We have the best in the breed on this board, so work together, support each other, use the knowledge that is here, listen, and DO WHAT IS BEST FOR THE BREED ON A LARGE SCALE.
Side note.... I do have 2 Kennedy dogs that I love.  Mac is 2 yrs and is from a Kennedy/Rayer breeding.
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh124/awbrooks396/th_mix175.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh124/awbrooks396/th_mix178.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh124/awbrooks396/th_Dogs057.jpg

He is great and I wouldn't give him up for the world.  Great dog, loves his family, and protects them.  He comes to my elementary school on a regular basis to visit, because he loves everyone. 
IT IS ALL ABOUT THE DOGS! 

Was that enough of a motivational speech for you guys?  I am guessing no, but I feel better

2/17/2010 11:12 pm  #142

Oh, I forgot this picture.  You can't really see him that well, but everyone is talking about a dog that can WORK.  This really isn't the type of work you are talking about, but I know I couldn't run after 100CC dirtbike everyday, the whole day all summer long.  Mac and my nephews favorite thing to do ride the dirtbike.  Mac will follow him around, and around, and around.  He is a running machine.
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh124/awbrooks396/mix173.jpg

Last edited by Brooks70 (2/17/2010 11:21 pm)

2/17/2010 11:19 pm  #143

3. Why do you think many breeders are reluctant to health test there breeding stock??? And have you bred any untested stock ever??? If so why were YOU the exception??

I think many breeders are reluctant to check their breeding stock because they don't want to know.  Many start out with great intentions. But as soon as they don't get a favorable result they will resort to making excuses, and stop being responsible owners/breeders.  It is hard to cull a dog especially after becoming attached to them, falling in love with certain attributes, their temperament etc.  But culling is part of being a breeder, and part of the selection process. 

I have done two breedings that carry the Cold Country name.  Huggy X Nala, Bo X Gracie.  All dogs have been tested, and I will continue to.  Up until this point testing has meant showing, and health certs.  But I look forward to beginning to pursue various working titles in the future.

2/18/2010 12:56 am  #144

RobertV wrote:

Cold Country wrote:

Harry you say:
NO NEVER HAD A WRY JAW THIS IS THE GOD TRUTH

You MESSING bought wry jaw LOL.  YOu paid for it LOL.  You are breeding it LOL.  You are clueless LOL.

I WILL PROVE TO THE WORLD I CAN DISMISS THIS FAULT WITH MY TIGHT PROGRAM NEVER HAD ONE PUP WITH WRY .I WILL ERASE THIS FAULT WATCH THE WORLD IS ,YOU HAVE MUCH TO LEARN AND I WILL TEACH YOU AND THIS IS FACT! AND IN OCTOBER LOLOLO YOU GET READY CHARLEY BROWN LOLOLO
must admit that CC has a point here

WHEN MY PYTHONS ARE GRIPPIN THIER AINT NO SLIPPIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2/18/2010 1:35 am  #145

jamesporch wrote:

Appearance

Come on James, this is to easy .   This discription is written by who...   
if you want tot discuss a standard then enlighten us with parts out of 'real' standards such as ABA, ARF, NKC, ABRA, UKC, ABNA etcetc but not some chapter written by somebody trying to make some general website page

Last edited by RobertV (2/18/2010 1:36 am)

2/18/2010 1:35 pm  #146

HARRY wrote:

RobertV wrote:

Cold Country wrote:

Harry you say:
NO NEVER HAD A WRY JAW THIS IS THE GOD TRUTH

You MESSING bought wry jaw LOL.  YOu paid for it LOL.  You are breeding it LOL.  You are clueless LOL.

I WILL PROVE TO THE WORLD I CAN DISMISS THIS FAULT WITH MY TIGHT PROGRAM NEVER HAD ONE PUP WITH WRY .I WILL ERASE THIS FAULT WATCH THE WORLD IS ,YOU HAVE MUCH TO LEARN AND I WILL TEACH YOU AND THIS IS FACT! AND IN OCTOBER LOLOLO YOU GET READY CHARLEY BROWN LOLOLO

Harry, are you forgotten about Ganesha ?

bullsofcrown@gmail.com
WWW.BULLSOFCROWN.NL
All our dogs are Hipp, Elbow , NCL  and Ichtysiosis tested with a DNA certificate !

2/18/2010 2:27 pm  #147

bullsofcrown wrote:

HARRY wrote:

RobertV wrote:

Harry, are you forgotten about Ganesha ?

WHO I NEVER SEEN THIS DOG ,WHAT IS YOUR POINT ,WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DUE  HERE ????? LET ME SEE THE DOG ???WHEN I COME TO HOLLAND THIS SUMMER I WILL SEE YOU ,I PLAN ON THIS FOR SURE ,AND I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS GIRL . LOLO DONT PLAY ME LOLOLO

Last edited by HARRY (2/18/2010 2:28 pm)

WHEN MY PYTHONS ARE GRIPPIN THIER AINT NO SLIPPIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2/18/2010 2:39 pm  #148

Harry if you would breed pups that would turn out to have a wry jaw.  Would you pay them their money back??

10/15/2010 6:26 pm  #149

damm cold country got grilled in the hot seat then agen thats what its all about great dread guys. for someone who has only been in the breed for five years i dont think it is fair to hang the guy on his dogs but right now . everyone buys there dogs frm someone else to get started right and they may not be there perfect choice but they develope there line into what they consider there type of bulldog. cold countrys bitch tabboo is badd azz and guacho is the Shizzy lol. i like this guys dogs but i have a feeling he is going in an different direction with his line than people may think and im real excited to see what the years hold for his dogs, adding in bully performance blood is somethign a lot of johnson or bully breeders would never do, might just be the best TRUE game changing move yet.

it has to be said tho five o is also badd azz id have him on my yard anyday loll

Board footera