Photobucket

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/25/2011 12:14 pm  #1

CONGRATS CHARNOTA's AB`s....YOUR ON THE "HOT SEAT"... ITS SHOW TIME!!!

Heather is a very experienced Lady Bulldogger with vast knowledge in all things bulldogs she will also be our first "cross over" interview because her stronghold is in the standard AB world...we invite all of N-X to send us your best questions and to use this interview has a learning tool to potentially improve the common bully blood lines now widespread on the market...has always we respect all of our guest on the hot seat but we respect the Lady Bulldogger to a higher degree...please no questions with profanity and lets try to keep it about the bulldogs only...please begin email your best questions... The interview start June 1st 2011 but for those of us that dont know here is a quick bio on the lovely Heather Charnota:

Let me take a moment to introduce myself to the board. First let me say I am humbled to be asked to participate as I feel that I have offered more to the breed as a person then I have as a breeder. In the past 9 years doing what I have enjoyed doing, making friends that feel more like family, we have been fortunate to have produced a few good dogs that have started to make their mark on things over here in the standard world. I got my first dog that was the backbone of our program going on 10 years ago as a pet for my daugther. She started her show career without us as her breeder started taking her to shows, once I attended my first show I was hooked. Jazzmen was my pride and joy and she was more of a dog then we were owners, she worked for us, she saw a hog, she championed out in two organizations, she produced better then herself and she may not have been perfect but she was perfect to me. I lost Jazzmen on Dec. 31st of this year and am blessed to have her offspring carrying on her legacy. I still sit her 10 years later and consider myself a newbie because I am always trying to learn. I believe that the breeding game is part luck, part knowledge and 100%  placment. We did three breedings with Jazzmen and I have had two accidental hybrid breedings with a dog that heats silently. I studded Wrigley out twice once to the owner of his sire, and themore known breeding over here once to shiloh. It was important to me to pick dogs that complimented her weaknesses more then her strenghts. I knew what she could bring to the table, but I had to pick males that would bring what shd did not. We were very fortunate to find homes that would showcase our dogs, work them to the fullest, and keep us constantly posted. I overlooked puppy sales for good homes. If I can stress anything to any breeder it is finding working relationships that will last, finding people that believe what you believe. We stayed strong thru the years in breeding straight perfomance dogs. We paid attention to COI and matching them up. I was told by a old timer that the best working dogs fall into a COI of 23-27 percent, that pairing them with higher COI dogs would provide good breeding, that when combining Hybrid breedings it was important that you were tight enough on both sides to be able to pick a family to go back to. I have quielty taken this information found a partner that I could work with that believed what I believed to be true and under the radar until now lol have just made dogs that I liked. I have always held more value in being liked then
people liking my dogs, I have always felt that the minute you reach the top that you only have one way to go. I want to thank some of the Bully crowd for being the first to recognize my dogs. I am truly humbled.

I have brought more to the American Bulldog world as a show host, professioanal lending hand at shows and as an Irondog judge which I strongly believe in. This will be my legacy in the breed and if I am fortunate enough to produce some more nice dogs, and help others in their programs produce some good dogs then I have truly done it right.

***All views expressed on the "hot seat" are personal opinions by those being interviewed only and don't necessarily reflect those of
Nation-X, and its on-line users ***

Last edited by Uncle Ish (6/01/2011 3:29 pm)

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

5/28/2011 3:38 am  #2

Re: CONGRATS CHARNOTA's AB`s....YOUR ON THE "HOT SEAT"... ITS SHOW TIME!!!

Thank you..

6/01/2011 3:28 pm  #3

OK  Miss Heather are you ready??? Here we go with your first set:

1 After taking a look at some of your dogs on the net and their pedigrees I see you have outstanding dogs. Very consistent. What in your opinion is "wrong" with what's going on on the "bully" side of the breed regarding lack of consistency? And, how do we come together to make it happen?

2.  The top Bully AB breeders mainly envious insecure men cant get along for a large number of reasons...is this holding the bully style back??? There seems to be more unity within the performance bulldog crowd...is this so and why and what can bully AB breeders do to make a change???

3. Its obvious there is a ton of IGNORANT people on these boards (including this one thats being run by dictators) and they all seem to be BULLY AB "breeders" never have so many people publicly defended glaring faults like wry face, wry jaw and terrible structure... is the performance bulldog crowd more educated overall???

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

6/01/2011 7:31 pm  #4

Okay here goes.. First of all Thank you for the compliments on my dogs. With that said I will never use any venue to discredit the Bully people or use this forum to bash any particular breeder or program. I am a firm believer that there is a place for both types, I have upmost respect for a good bully dog just as my friends on the other side of the tracks have embraced my standard dogs. As a show promoter I have taken the time to really get to know and befriend many bully breeders as well as you all know combine efforts in current Hybrid programs. Since the questions were asked to compare the two sides I will do so and provide you with my oppinions which may or may not be worth anything but the time I take to write them.

1 After taking a look at some of your dogs on the net and their pedigrees I see you have outstanding dogs. Very consistent. What in your opinion is "wrong" with what's going on on the "bully" side of the breed regarding lack of consistency? And, how do we come together to make it happen?

I have provided consistency in my program which is in the very virgin stages by combining efforts with other breeders that have the same types of dogs I own, the same goals in breeding. I have taken the efforts of breeders before me and with different combinations come up with I guess what would be considered our own lines. Wow I have never looked at it that way. I have worked closely with Nate from Throwbacks in the past and when I decided to concentrate on the Koura lines I had in my bitch I have done more breedings and plan to work together more closely with Seamus from Down and Dirty. Seamus has worked with Old Glory and combined effforts with them that we will use later on in our combined programs. The litter we did with Enemy and Jazz is dual registered with half of the dogs carrying my kennel name and half his. We have sent a dog to Marcel and Amy of Norcals and they have bred her to one of theri dogs, but they also did a breeding with another of their dogs to a Belly Brother to My Jazz to be able to breed the two breedings back in the future years that will double up on my lines and be able to be used to continue to provide consistency with outcrossing to avoid reaching a brick wall. There is another breeding planned that I cannot talk about no mine to talk about lol. but it will tie it all together perfectly. So with all of that said I think we have been able to provide this consistency by making partenerships with people that want the same thing in the end. I have given up puppy sales for good homes, providing many many places for me to go in the future. I dont have breeding rights persay but I have good working relationships with everyone that I deal with for the future to be able to go back at any point and say I want something out of this or why dont we try this. When I lost wrigley there were two litters on the ground off of him, one a hybrid breeding and one a tight breeding on his fathers side. Both of those breeders without hesitation called me that night to see if I wanted a puppy. I said no and I guess it was the bulldog gods talking as he had gotten my female pregnant and there was a reason I was saying no but the point is that becuase of good relations the door was open. When Amy and Marcel bred Pink all I would have had to do is ask for a puppy and they would have handed one over in a heartbeat. When Francis Metcalf bred Chomsky back to Jazzmens litter mate borther I was slated to get a puppy and it didnt work out but again good working relationships have kept those doors open for me being able to continue my efforts in breeding my lines.

2.  The top Bully AB breeders mainly envious insecure men cant get along for a large number of reasons...is this holding the bully style back??? There seems to be more unity within the performance bulldog crowd...is this so and why and what can bully AB breeders do to make a change???

You called them insecure and envious not me lol... I think I touched on alot of this in question 1 as to why I think it is important to work together. With that said I think Ego would be a better word for it. I do see alot of propaganda, outselling, out marketing, and in general very competitive attitudes. This does not just go on on the Bully side of things I think that you all just have alot more Hype and Flash going on over here then you will see most Hunters and Sport guys have over there so it is more prominent.  I think that there are many who are afraid to work togehter even though it would better the breed expecially since some of those people who now hate each other started with the same type of dog and at one point the same goals. I think that there is a fear of who gets credit, who will get the blame if it does not work out.  Many view sucess as competition, they think that they have the best dogs out there so they become blinded by something that may be just as nice. You will see alot of stud fees exchanged, followed by a whole lot of marketing and propaganda but are you really seeing true partenerships that will withstand the good and the bad. We standard people like to have a party and have a dog show break out. Bully people have a dog show and then party later and talk about what went wrong or right in the show ring that day. Dont think I didnt get the phone calls at how pissed some were when my standard dog won against all the bullies  that day.  There were a few Bully people who called to congratulate me and say it was a well deserved win. I think it happens across the board breed wise that everyone that owns a bulldog decides within months of owning them that they are going to build a fancy website, buy a female and become a breeder. They then start plotting how they can produce the best dogs which is what any breeder should want to do, and of course you should love your dogs more then any that is why you have them right. But there are so many in the breed that have so much knowledge, have already made mistakes, have forgotten more then you will ever know. These people should reach out to the veterans in the breed for advice and head critisism as learning. I had to on the standard side of things, I had the pleasure of getting to know some very wise oldtimers who said why the hell would you do that or why dont you try this and i listened. With that said these same oldtimers and Veterans should embrace the new people in the breed as my mentors did me and teach them, share stories with them. Be very open about mistakes that they have made, what didnt work out, tell them what may work. Dont view them as competition, or taking away future business, but as future parteners or possibly just friends and when they  go a direction that you  dont agree with respect them in their decscions. At the end of the day dogs should not be what breaks up friendships. I feel that if more embraced this as a Hobby and not a business then you would see alot more growth in the breed in general.

3. Its obvious there is a ton of IGNORANT people on these boards (including this one thats being run by dictators) and they all seem to be BULLY AB "breeders" never have so many people publicly defended glaring faults like wry face, wry jaw and terrible structure... is the performance bulldog crowd more educated overall???

I would not say that this is exclusive to the Bully crowd we get it on the standard side too.. the difference is probably that most standard people will call it out imediately chase them off, and they either make thier own boards and ban all naysayers from it, or just go away quietly. Rarely do they stick around for decades fighting about it. They just use their respective boards to talk about the others as haters and applaud each other for bad breeding practices. I will get off of this topic now as I have vowed not to use this as a way to bash anybody and anyone who pays attention knows what I am talking about haha. 
Back on topic I dont know if it is ignorance, Sever Kennel Blindness, denial, or straight up lying in fear of having to start over. My guess is a combination of it all.  I think that some people are afraid to see what is right in front of them or they want to pretend it is not happening. I think that they are afraid of having to start their programs over, and start to rely on another to fix it. That is the thing so many things can be fixed by breeding away from it but the first step in that is admitting it is happening. Dont be so blind or ignorant or dishonest whatever the reasoning is to say YES I have hit a problem and need to fix it. Dont be afraid to be honest in the end it will make your dogs better and make your program better, and make you a better person. It is not fair to the dogs to compromise health for the purpose of structure, it is not fair to your puppy buyers to have to put down their beloved family member way to early because you chose to be irresponsible as a breeder and not fix what you had, it is not fair to those you breed with and to to be dishonest about your dogs faults and have them have to fix it later. When you choose to breed you have a responsibility to open your eyes to what is wrong and concentrate more on that before you market all of the good qualities your dogs have. I knew my bitch was not the strongest nerve wise so I had to aknowledge that and pick males that Iknew would compliment her weaknesses more then her strenghths what good was a beatiful puppy with drive to give a way with weak nerve to me or my program. I could easily fix it but the first step was seeing it for what it was and not using her attributes to mask it. Everyone who I dealt with knew. Every dog has problems, every program has issues, not one is perfect but the goal should be to proudce better then the parents when breeding and the first step in that is recognizing weakness. We are not smarter or more educated on the standard side of things, we have many different issues to deal with. Where I have spoken to Bully breeders about infusion to clean up breathing and athletissm, many standard breeders have infused for size, hybrid vigor, etc. The difference is that most active standard programs are probably breeding for Working Temperments. They are going to want to see proof of what you bring to the table, they are going to want to see hog work, titles, videos, they are going to want to see strong nerve, strong drives, good structure, good health. We cannot mask issues as easily therefore forcing the standard breeders to be open and honest about their dogs and their faults. They are going to have to provide guarantees to dogs that they sell to working homes, so they are going to want to make sure the dog is going to work. They are going to have to replace dogs to hunting homes that dont hunt so they are going to make sure they will. There is not a long line of people standing around waiting to buy their family pet that looks like a   pit bull so you are not going to see a whole lot of standard people breeding for just conformation and those that do are not on the boards or at shows as much. Those that do again dont frequent the working boards and over time have found themselves breeding and dabbling in some type of work. That is not saying that standard breeders myself included have never sold a dog to a pet home there is not just a huge market for a conformation champion standard dog with no working ability and if that is the goal of a breeder they dont stick around the boards long, they go to facebook and create thier own boards.

Hope I answered the questions adequately and without controversy 

Heather

6/01/2011 8:48 pm  #5

I congratulate you on your well thought out and articulated answers. My question was the first one. By no means did I want you to bash any dogs or breeders and you were spectacular! Thanks for letting us in on your program. I for one sincerely appreciate it. 

It is a game...just play it.

6/01/2011 9:10 pm  #6

Well said MaMa on to your second set...

1.What degree of bully type american bulldogs do you see excelling in the working events??? Are there more now than yrs backs???

2.What bully type (medium or extreme)and what breeder would you use if you wanted to produce a separate hybrid line and why???

3.If you were going to breed bullies strictly with no standard blood wich breeder and bloodline would you choose and why???

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

6/01/2011 9:14 pm  #7

Hello Heather its Dominick. You are a brave woman!!!!!! I have a question. You said you were going to do something with Seamus. He has John Liktars dogs sorry if I misspelled his name? I heard Don Matthews wanted to use some of that blood after seeing it at the super bull last year. Is this true and would you use it. It seems to carry more bone and size than alot of standards i've seen at the shows.

6/01/2011 9:39 pm  #8

Dominator when she is done with her hot seat questions we open it up to the board lets stay with the format...but good question tho...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

6/01/2011 10:47 pm  #9

Thank you guys! I cant wait to answer you question Dominick its eating at me, but I for once will follow the rules. I am being good but I like to think I am a whole lot better bad lol.

Before I go any further I have to tell you there is a second part to this operation when going back and reading I use the words I and My alot and that is simply because it is me answering and solely my oppinions and thoughts. Shaun is half of Charnotas and he will tell you he is the kennel boy and I am the brains behind it all in addition to be a lot nicer and way more fun,  but I do feel since he is a board stalker and not a poster that he may read this and think I have written him off that he know I and me are really we.

1.What degree of bully type american bulldogs do you see excelling in the working events??? Are there more now than yrs backs???

Absolutely!!! Not only do I see more Bully dogs out there working I see them working and excelling at more then the standard show stuff, not just Irondog and weight pull anymore they are stepping on to bigger venues and more importantly it is nice to see a few out there that are actually striving to make working bully kennels and lines. With that said I think my biggest frusturation is when I see people bash others for infusing standard lines into thier dogs to maybe try and achieve this goal for thier bully dogs. We dont all own pit bulls and honestly you would be hard pressed to go back and actually point out in a pedigree where that infusion took place. I dont know if its  because they are afraid that the sucess of someone producing not just a bully that works but working bullys will somehow affect them so it is better to  bash it happening but they are all American Bulldogs you know years ago they showed in the same show ring.. hmmmm days gone by lol..

2. What bully type (medium or extreme)and what breeder would you use if you wanted to produce a separate hybrid line and why???

Hmmm these next two questions are hard as I dont know lines as much as I know the particular dogs I am very fond of but in my perfect world I wold have a blender and combine them all.. so to answer this question I will say lets see what happens with what I have going on right now and go from there. Vito has used my late Wrigley and is seriously fingers crossed thinking about using Hasta to a tight BMJ daughter and I am very curious to see what that produces. I would like to work with Mike form pure determination in the future with his Leah dog down from Wrigley to see what happens there and Norcals is actually already using my lines in their hybrid thought more of as a standard  program and I will continue to work closely with them.  I would also like to steal and breed hasta to that young female that Paul Green owns  . I of course though as I already stated would find the breeder that shared common goals with me right now I have not asked for anything back from the programs that are already out there using it but that is not to say that in the future that couldnt change.

3.If you were going to breed bullies strictly with no standard blood wich breeder and bloodline would you choose and why???

Oh god I refuse to answer this the way it is asked because quite honestly I dont know lines well enough, I have not researched all of the attributes and weaknesses in enough details on any particular lines to be able to pick one breeder. I grew up in the breed around Rock Hollow, Mancera and Leists dogs being from the chicago area. I always loved the working ability of these dogs. I stood Next to Jeff Daily about 100 times for best of breed and he usually won but it was always a well deserved win. With that said there are a ton of breeders that I absolutely love that I know I could have good breeding relationships with and that of course as I have said before is the most imporant thing to me.

So I will say that I am going to use the breeder that can give me a dog with the working ability  of Pauls  mace mixed with the raw style of Will Durhams Max the grace and obedience style on the field  of Jennifers Cadee  but I want it to look and mac truck  hit like BMJ and I will take his temperment also. 

6/01/2011 11:38 pm  #10

Excellent, well thought out answers Heather. You're really good at this

6/02/2011 1:52 am  #11

Thanks Taryna they have gotten tougher with each batch we will see what tomorrow brings.. When I was asked to do this I was a bit humbled as I dont know that I have contributed enough to the breed to be worthy but I have taken my time and tried to learn as much as I can the last ten years so figured why not lol.. I hope to not offend anyone and will make sure I bring extra apple pie shots next show to make up for it if I do.. In typing this I was pleasantly surprised at my own ability to actually answer some tough questions, I kind of try to hide behind my dingbat drink girl persona lol..

6/02/2011 7:18 am  #12

I will bet you cant wait!!!! I have more than that  though and I cant wait too. Be ready for ABRA and NKC stuff and support of shows its coming from me and I just got to word it right. Thank you for taking this on especially when this is a bully booard. For those that dont know Heather. She shows up to shows sometimes without dogs just to party and BS and she has also hosted shows as well and has alot to offer newbies and some vets.  You are a good bulldogger Heather.

6/02/2011 8:29 am  #13

Great Answers Heather.  This has got to be the most informative / beneficial hotseat Yet!!!   

Can't wait for the rest. I may have a question for ya.

WWW.PUREDETERMINATIONBULLDOGS.COM

6/02/2011 10:26 am  #14

Good Hot Seat!! 

www.kirasamericanbulldogs.com/kirasamericanbulldogs
http://kiraamericanbulldogs.tripod.com/events/events.html
http://i44.tinypic.com/hti6a1.jpg

6/02/2011 3:02 pm  #15

Hello again Heather. I have a couple more questions.
1. Why wont the standard people come out and support the ABRA when it has shows. Bully owners seem to support both registries. They as a whole really are not much support to either one(sorry you show hosts) really but support NKC more.

2. Why did you use Koura lines and if you had to start over who elses would you use. What seperates yours lines from the others in your opinion.

3.  Being bully owners we like more size and bone. We bully owners also love our bigger bully dogs but are prefering more of a performance looking body. In your opinion what standard line most resemble our type.

4. You said you were going to do something with Seamus Vaughn. What will those Lichardt blood lines do for you and why them.

6/02/2011 3:08 pm  #16

For this "hot seat" screw the format then..."The Dominator" afitting screen name will finish hosting this hot seat so answer his set...and after that we open it up to N-X to ask Heather what ever you have in mind...this is a very educational hot seat...take us home Dominator...

1. Why wont the standard people come out and support the ABRA when it has shows. Bully owners seem to support both registries. They as a whole really are not much support to either one(sorry you show hosts) really but support NKC more.

2. Why did you use Koura lines and if you had to start over who elses would you use. What seperates yours lines from the others in your opinion.

3.  Being bully owners we like more size and bone. We bully owners also love our bigger bully dogs but are prefering more of a performance looking body. In your opinion what standard line most resemble our type.

4. You said you were going to do something with Seamus Vaughn. What will those Lichardt blood lines do for you and why them.

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

6/02/2011 10:00 pm  #17

As a show promoter I have taken the time to really get to know and befriend many bully breeders as well as you all know combine efforts in current Hybrid programs. Since the questions were asked to compare the two sides I will do so and provide you with my oppinions which may or may not be worth anything but the time I take to write them.Buy Runescape Gold
Tera Account Cheap
WOW Items

6/02/2011 10:26 pm  #18

Uncle Ish wrote:

For this "hot seat" screw the format then..."The Dominator" afitting screen name will finish hosting this hot seat so answer his set...and after that we open it up to N-X to ask Heather what ever you have in mind...this is a very educational hot seat...take us home Dominator...

Sorry Ish I dont mean to step on any ones toes here. For so long we talk about the same stuff and lines of dogs here.  More people IMO should be asking her questions with this board being called extreme but most here favor a bully head with a performance body. After she gets done I have more. We may both own ABS but we are two divided seperate groups and run in different crowds at shows.

6/03/2011 1:57 am  #19

Hey Sorry worked two jobs today..

In response to your earlier question Dominick the dog in Kentucky that you are speaking of is a dog off Of a Male that Don owns bred to a Black Champs female from Lichtardt lines. Don also has a dog from Seamus and I  from our last breeding.

I dont know that there is a clear answer to this and I have tried to get out to a few shows close and will continue to do so I will list probable reasons that the standard people dont support the shows as much as the bully people do but I dont know the reasons for everyone.  This will be answered in two answers ABRA vs NKC and standard show attendance VS. Bully.

NKC VS. ABRA I would gather that a while back the standard people did not feel that they had the ABRA backing as even liking the standard dogs so they figured if they dont need us then we dont need them, this however is not the case as I see it anymore. Lance and Leslie have reached out to standard people, made us feel more then welcome, and have fixed many of the earlier glitches as a registry they had so there is really no reason that they are not going to a show because it is ABRA. I think it is more with the economy people are not able to attend as many shows, just like you guys have friends over here and cliques so do we. Many show hosts my partener included sit on the NKC board so of course when they hold a show they are going to hold an NKC show. If someone can only attend a couple shows a year chances are they are going to support their friends regardless of the registry they sanktion under. So if a Standard breeder is holding an NKC show thier freinds from the standard world are going to attend that show. There are many shows or there used to be anyway so people had to pick and choose. That first year in Kentucky was a prime example as those same poeple were attending my show a few weeks later so they were not able to attend. The next year I cancelled my show and asked people to go to Glynns instead and he had a quite a few standard dogs in attendance. I held an ABNA show in 2005 and my friends came to that as well as the ABNA show that was here in Chicago that Ray held his second show. I am at a point now where I can only commit this year to doing the two shows I am slated to work at one is a standard breeders show one is a bully breeders show both are NKC but Iwould be at Glynns show to help him no matter what registry he chose. If I could do more shows this year for me personally they would be ABRA as they are the only shows close enough to me. I do think that NKC being an all breed registry can give more back to a standard breeder if we face BSL something you dont have to worry about as your dogs dont look like pits. The ABRA as a sanktion gives way more support back to show hosts.  Working events are a must if you want the standard crowd to even consider a show.

Standard VS. Bully attendance- I think that at alot of shows have as many standard dogs in attendance as Bullys but never in the show ring. We are spread alot thinner on the standard side of things as we have a group of people who go to shows to show and work, but we also have a large group of hunters who will never go to a show, and we also have a few either straight working guys, or herders who happen to own bulldogs also and would rather go to top working dog events then to Bulldog shows. Again with the economy many have had to make choices on either attending dog shows or going to train their dogs every week and the bulldog shows will lose every time. Conformation  competition right or wrong is just not as important to the standard people. some will even attend shows but not compete.

My first dog was a pet given to my daughter as a present who happend to make a good show dog and working dog at 14 months of age. We attended our first dog show with her when she was a puppy and got hooked. I did not pick the lines but the chicagoland had a very tight group of people at taht time who all bred off of the older Koura lines and I happened to get lucky with a good dog. I would not start over but would do exactly what I am doing and that is to combine with the lines I am now using and make a new strain of straight performance bred dogs combining the programs of two breeders before me who did not work togehter much in the later years but when they first started they did some stuff togehter. We took dogs that came down from their orginal programs and combined them back together. They are different because there are not pedigrees that exist that combined the two programs from way back and brought them into the future. Kind of a Romeo and Juliet breeding if you will.

There are several Hybrid programs out there that are very very nice. If I was going to look for a Hybrid dog that works and looks a bit more bulky and of your type. I would favor Bionics, WMK, and Norcals.

I have done my last two breedings with Seamus. I house a triple bred Felony dog that Seamus bred that is straight down From lichtardts breeding stock on all sides. This combined Hanible Dixie which is where Koura and Jel lines split about 5 times. I had a dog that was down from Kouras more recent breedings and Seamus had a dog down From Jels more current stuff. We combined them which even though could be looked at in three generations as an out cross but if you go back more then that they both go back to the same older stuff. This brought size and bone to my dogs, and I would say that Jazz cleaned up the look a bit. The litter was very uniform and a great combination. I will include pictures and or video of 8 of the 13 produced in the two breedings out of Jazzmen and Enemy.

The parents.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/hcharnota/enemyandjazz-1.jpg

Shiner
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/hcharnota/shinercatch-1.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/hcharnota/shinerblood.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/hcharnota/shiner.jpg

Pink
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/hcharnota/pinkdock-1.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/hcharnota/pinkandfushia.jpg

Mina
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/hcharnota/Mina.jpg

Luther
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/hcharnota/lutherandpuppy.jpg

Kimbo
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/hcharnota/kimbo.jpg

Chaos
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/hcharnota/chaos1.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/hcharnota/chaos-1.jpg

And of course my pride and Joy Hasta
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/hcharnota/hasta6.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b377/hcharnota/hasta5.jpg

A video of Hasta working with Troy Seaton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDoAQZHNVeg

A video of a female Cali out of the first breeding a littermate to Hasta that will be arriving back with me tomorrow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGcncwliGLs

As you can see we have been blessed in great homes and people who are doing great things with all of the dogs.

Last edited by MamaH (6/03/2011 1:59 am)

6/03/2011 2:18 am  #20

You damn vampire lady its about time you answered those questions!

call me tomorrow I want to give you that transport lady's email

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
John Wooden

www.norcalsbulldogs.com

6/03/2011 6:17 am  #21

Lol sunshine a girl has to work around here!

6/03/2011 7:45 am  #22

Great job Heather and here are some more.

1. Every kennel favors something (ie work,show,hunting)What if any standard kennels out there considers themselves on a do it all program work ,show hunt.

2. You have said some standard breeders didnt like us outcrossing to their dogs. Why is this?

3, If someone called and asked you what you kind of kennel you are what do you tall them. Your forte what do you do best and why is that.

4.In your opinion if possible what are the best standard kennels for straight work,show, and hunting?

5. We bullies have anywhere from a medium bully look to extreme look as we say. What if any do you call the different looks in the standard programs and why. Pics if you got them and teach us bully people please.

6/03/2011 11:37 am  #23

Dominator wrote:

Sorry Ish I dont mean to step on any ones toes here. For so long we talk about the same stuff and lines of dogs here.  More people IMO should be asking her questions with this board being called extreme but most here favor a bully head with a performance body. After she gets done I have more. We may both own ABS but we are two divided seperate groups and run in different crowds at shows.

Dominator.. you of course are welcome to ask questions... we did however set a format for the HOT SEAT.. We wanted the hot seat to be conducted like an interview and then at the end we open it up to members of nationX to ask their questions.  So Ish asks between 9 to 12 questions that are submitted to him then after he is done the hot seat is open.
It's like if you watch an interview you don't here the audience interupting with questions.  It is easier for the person on the hot seat as well... So we always encourage participation in the hot seat but we came up with this format so it is easier on the reader and the person on the hot seat.

Last edited by Hawk (6/03/2011 11:38 am)

6/03/2011 1:20 pm  #24

I am working both jobs again toda y so look for answers from my vampire alter ego late again.  Hawk I think I may lose any credibility I may have had by admitting this outloud but I love your avatar lol. I actually went to his violent torpedo of truth show

6/04/2011 3:40 am  #25

Okay very late but here goes..

1. Every kennel favors something (ie work,show,hunting)What if any standard kennels out there considers themselves on a do it all program work ,show hunt.

I think that there are many kennels out there that have dogs that do all of the above but I would have to venture that there are not as many that can say all their dogs do all of the above.  I dont think that it fair that I call out any kennels in particular as I would surely miss someone and that is not my intention. Just like with Athletes that play all sports in school each dog is going to have a strong suit. Once that becomes apparent the concentration ususally lies on that particualar venue. It takes so much time and money to compete in sport work as you well know that it leaves little time mainly to do much else. Many of these dogs will still show in the show ring, but they will probably not risk all that they have invested to head in to the woods. The same goes for strong hunters chances are that there are not going to be too many that stop by the sch club on the way home from the woods. Logistics plays a huge part into what people do with their dogs also we are blessed here in chicago to have sport work choices but many other places in the country lack good trainers or trainers at all. We of course dont have the option to go hunting. Kennels out east and down south probably have a better chance of doing it all as they have hogs and they have trainers and they have shows so I would concentrate on that area if looking for particular kennels. That is not to say that many people such as Seamus dont travel to hunt but if talking on a regular basis it is not as easy to have a dog that does do it all but maybe a dog that can do it all.

2. You have said some standard breeders didnt like us outcrossing to their dogs. Why is this?

When I spoke of people downing infusion I was talking about conversations over here where people were bashing interfering with the purity of the Bully dog. I dont know that any standard people have problems with standard dogs being used in breeding programs on the Bully side. I know that the breeding I did with Vito was pretty embraced as a good thing over there. I think had I taken a female and bred it to a bully dog I may have been asked what I thought it could bring to my program or my reasoning, but using a standard dog to clean up athletisim and clean breathing ws definately not looked down apon.

3, If someone called and asked you what you kind of kennel you are what do you tall them. Your forte what do you do best and why is that.

I would answer I am not a breeding kennel but just enthusiasts who love what we do and have had a few litters with the purpose of preserving our own dogs. I would explain we have kept back from every breeding we have done and will not ever do a breeding that we dont want to keep something off of. and that home placement is the top of our list so that we have places to go back to in the future. I would explain that we primarily breed pure performance lines and when we evaluate a litter of puppies we are looking for our keepers to be the ones that will work out best in sport work  but that we have also placed dogs out there to be able to see where else they can excel.

4.In your opinion if possible what are the best standard kennels for straight work,show, and hunting?

I again hate naming kennels as I dont want anyone to think that for any reason I dont respect what they are doing but I will speak of those in my inner circle that I think are exceling in these areas. If I wanted show dogs that would work I really like what Monique has done at WMK I love what Amy and Marcel are doing over at Norcals, I love what Mary Wheeler has put together inthe past few years. Kinghaven has for years put out some amazing beatiful hunting dogs that do well in the show ring and a few are even out there doign sport work. Karaseks have not bred for a while but they have some great dogs as well. I wish that Chrissie Riess could house more dogs as she has had a couple of great breedings for sport and show ring dogs, but also cant do as many breedings to keep up a true program like us they breed for themselves.  I would go to these places not just because I like thier dogs but because I have great relationships with these people and could grow with them. I dont think anyone can argue a good Souza dog for conformation and even some working. They have some great things going on out west. Is anyone else noticing a Hybrid trend here. there is alot to say for Hybrid vigor. I will never regret sticking to straight performance lines but there is alot that to say for what others have done. I know Henry in Miami is doing alot and well with straight performance lines also but we are few and far between.

5. We bullies have anywhere from a medium bully look to extreme look as we say. What if any do you call the different looks in the standard programs and why. Pics if you got them and teach us bully people please.

We call in performance or Hybrid lol.. There are kennels such as kinghaven, Karaseks, Sousa, Leatherneck, bionics, etc etc  etc that you can identify the dogs breeding just based on the way they look but that is how you will hear them referred to by the kennnel name. It is a standard dog bred thru generations that causes uniformity and consistency in their breedings that make their dogs stand out with a sligtly differnet look. Thier litters will most likely all look the same and will not throw pupies with vast differences. I saw a dog from Europe at the BAttle of the bulls and without question knew it came down form Lem Millers stuff. But we dont have the vast amount of decriptions over on the standard side of things that enable us to stay within our standards like the bully side does. Some will carry fine bone vs thick bone, where you probably always have thick bone, some will carry differing degrees of bite but too much undershot is just that to much undershot. Hope this helps..

Board footera