Photobucket

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/03/2011 7:22 pm  #1

Eyes always Red

My 7 month American Bulldogs eyes are always red .  Any suggestions ?

7/05/2011 7:46 am  #2

Re: Eyes always Red

coldread wrote:

Do you find they are especially red after time on a leash??? Excessive pulling on leash causes significant redness to the eyes, and with a drivey breed like the AB, this is even more apparent.

As well, it could be allergies or a more serious eye condition that would need to be diagnosed by a vet.

7/05/2011 10:52 am  #3

ya, if there's no discharge, it is most likely mild allergies..

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

- Bertrand Russell

7/06/2011 7:31 pm  #4

Have you tried Benadryl?
Also, try visine. It gets the red out.

Cheers,
Rick.

www.bigboikennels.net

What is worse...a liar or the person who knows the lies and keeps them secret???

7/11/2011 12:06 am  #5

Thanks for all the feedback on my post regarding AB with red eyes..will take  dog to vet to have eyes checked out.

8/04/2011 10:20 pm  #6

I love the forum, it is really informative and so nice to be able to share everything with other likeminded people

8/04/2011 10:30 pm  #7

Did you go to the vet coldread?
What is the prognosis?

Rick.

www.bigboikennels.net

What is worse...a liar or the person who knows the lies and keeps them secret???

8/05/2011 1:29 am  #8

Yes went to the vet .The vet prescribed Benadryl ..Prognosis is Allergies. Thanks for all the help.

8/15/2011 10:36 pm  #9

coldread wrote:

STOP GETTING HIM HIGH.

D

http://nastybulls.webs.com/
Everybody wants to go to heaven; but nobody wants to die.

8/15/2011 10:40 pm  #10

LOL!
Like where your heads at D.

www.bigboikennels.net

3/05/2012 4:13 am  #11

Cherry Eye: Where the gland under the third eyelid protrudes and looks rather like a cherry in the corner of the eye. Your vet will need to remove the gland (some prefer to tuck but it's not recommended). Occasionally removal of the gland causes dry eye but dry eye is a very common bulldog problem anyway regardless of if the dog had cherry eye surgery as a pup. More recently we have heard of vets that refuse to snip, try and find one that will if possible. The risk of dry eye is increased but we see so much dry eye in dogs that haven't had this surgery that it's not usually a factor - bulldog tear glands often block even if they still have this gland.

Dry Eye: Caused when natural tear production slows or stops. Symptoms include green gungy eyes, especially in the morning and a dry appearance or blue haze to the eye itself. Can be confirmed by your vet who will perform a dry eye test with blotting type paper to see how much moisture can be soaked from the eyes surface. Artificial tears will need to be applied to the eye for life, your vet can prescribe this or a much much cheaper alternative is "Visco Tears" for humans and is available from your pharmacist or an eye jell available here.

4/20/2012 4:21 am  #12

I agree with You abdullahi

11/19/2012 5:26 am  #13

Do you find they are especially red after time on a leash??? Excessive pulling on leash causes significant redness to the eyes, and with a drivey breed like the AB, this is even more apparent.As well, it could be allergies or a more serious eye condition that would need to be diagnosed by a vet.

www.buyshosclothing.com/
mensbelt-wallets.com/

Board footera