Photobucket

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/11/2010 8:02 am  #1

CONGRATS BBB... YOU ARE ON THE HOT SEAT....

We will be interviewing Orlando this coming week... he will be dropping knowledge and clearing things up in regards to his blood-line and what BBB really stands for...if the board has any questions they would like to ask please e-mail me like always all emails will remain confidential...has the makings of a classic...

***All views expressed on the "hot seat" are personal opinions by those being interviewed only and don't necessarily reflect those of
Nation-X, and its on-line users ***

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

3/11/2010 8:14 am  #2

Re: CONGRATS BBB... YOU ARE ON THE HOT SEAT....

muscletechk9@yahoo.com   keep em coming...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

3/11/2010 7:09 pm  #3

bump

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

3/14/2010 7:00 pm  #4

ttt

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

3/15/2010 10:17 pm  #5

LOL.... this should be interesting, Im gonna have to answer these questions in the midst of working (in a hospital med/Psych unit) and classes so the responses wont be as rapid as one may expect but I will do my best.  Oh and let it be known .... I'm answering Uncle Ish's questions first so those with personal agendas will have to wait patiently!     

3/16/2010 7:14 am  #6

Lets do this... here is your first set...

1. What details about the BBB clique or bloodline would you like the general public to know about???

2.For those of us who may not know...who is Mr. Ellerbe exactly and if he is a pioneer why isnt he mentioned more???

3.Did Mr. Ellerbe in fact have a "bloodline" or is this line another bulldog urban legend???

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

3/17/2010 8:17 am  #7

Sorry about the wait, its hell trying to find the time sit down in front of this computer! i sat here last night and was falling asleep before it even turned on....lol  its 8am, a cool morning and the the dogs have raided my room, the coffee is brewing so lets get this party started.

P.S ....   I can't stand typing!   

1. What details about the BBB clique or bloodline would you like the general public to know about???

The group consist of 3 professionals, business owners, family men and their spouses whose passion for the Johnson/Ellerbe dogs are a hobby not a way to make a living. We excepted the opportunity of coming in where Mr. James left off with his breeding's along with working closely with some of the ole' timer's in the breed. I believe the main reason we have survived so long as a group has been because of our understanding as to what loyalty means, Not only to each other but to what those before us where committed to.  We have not tried to change what was done by J.D.J or James Ellerbe but improve on it as best we could while maintaining the standard as we have always known it to be through the ARF. (Which is the only registry we use)  I think the AB community has witnessed enough on these boards that we don't really need to explain why we stay to ourselves....lol 

We pride ourselves because of the fact that we have continued to preserve a foundation that has proven itself to produce dogs that have ranked in all levels of shows and other competition.

2. For those of us who may not know...who is Mr. Ellerbe exactly and if he is a pioneer why isnt he mentioned more???

That's because Mr. James stayed out of the public view, he enjoyed what he did. He was a very private man and had his inner circle of friends that he dealt with and trusted and that was enough for him, He liked what JD produced in certain lines and ran with it. I think some of the loud mouths in the breed made it a point to denounce what came off of Ellerbes yard for their own gain, because there was no direct access to his yard they had to pick up what they wanted from the dogs that where a few generations down from the same lines. Not a bad thing just how it went down, the public may have there own perception of who Mr. James Ellerbe was but those that knew and loved him give him the recognition that he deserves in preserving some of the earlier lines.   

I don't intend to speak about his personal life, We don't believe that should be done on a public forum.
I will say this, what he was described as a few weeks ago was inaccurate and again done for obvious reasons. No not a conspiracy just childish behavior....lol

3.Did Mr. Ellerbe in fact have a "bloodline" or is this line another bulldog urban legend???

Mr. James foundation came from what JD put together, that's what he built on. He went generations beyond that while staying within the the lines. Tightly bred dogs that went on to produce better then themselves. Our claim has never been " a better line " or even an "Ellerbe line" it has been more of producing foundation stock. Anything different comes from years of rumors flying and folks running with them.

3/17/2010 10:51 am  #8

Please post some  of your dogs.   http://poppabill.com

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb24/poppabill_2007/DA%20%20%20%20BOY/BULLYFRIENDS320x200.jpg

wporter1@rochester.rr.com. 1-585-319-3165
http://pedigrees-plus.webs.com
(REMEMBER TO LOVE UM & HUG UM WHILE YOU CAN, AS LIFE IS OVER IN A HEART BEAT)

3/17/2010 2:29 pm  #9

Second set:

1.How do you feel about adding the "Champange" dog to the gene pool??? And how can such a left field Pit/black lab outcross help the breed???

2.Your base is in Philly... what kennels are BBB members???

3.What Old JD dogs owe there heritage to Mr. Ellerbee and vice versa??? Are there any big names the public should know about???

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

3/17/2010 8:53 pm  #10

Second set:

1.How do you feel about adding the "Champange" dog to the gene pool??? And how can such a left field Pit/black lab outcross help the breed???

That breeding and the dogs that came from it were not done with bettering the breed in mind, I know it sounds terrible but he was attempting a black line as well, had he had the time and resources he would have took it a bit further. What is found in our lineage is like 3 to 4 generations deep, I personally love that line and to understand that statement you have had to be around it as long as we have. Those dogs added longevity to the lines, living as old as 13yrs of age.

Not everything we do goes back to that dog, there are various breeding's that don't include it.
in all the years that we have been breeding these dogs we have not produced any solid black dogs, solid blue or with a little white on the chest, nor solid fawn dogs either.  The Ellerbe breeding's have been used to promote yards that, miraculously are NOW producing black dogs. The black dogs weren't consistent enough to continue the black  without adding more to it, and there were no black AB dogs to go into so you would have to use something else. It only takes some common sense to see what has gone on for years. Breeders have spent countless hours disputing Mr. James breeding's then they turn around and do the very thing they criticized, at least Mr. James had the cojones to put it out there.

2.Your base is in Philly... what kennels are BBB members???

There are NO KENNELS involved with B.B.B , as I have stated before the group
consist of Albert, Rick and Myself Orlando

3.What Old JD dogs owe there heritage to Mr. Ellerbee and vice versa??? Are there any big names the public should know about???

I think the fact that Mr. James kept the lines intact is definitely something that we should be proud of, we can see what the AB has evolved to with paper hanging, shady breeding's and breeders going into a whole different direction. Mr. James nor our group have never taken away the fact that JD is the man we all pay tribute to.  I also think it is safe to say we stand alone as far as preserving his older lines.

Mr. James can't take the credit for producing Kings Bruiser Bo 6 or Johnson's Sugar doll 6 but he owned both, it was this breeding that produced Ruby Farnetti and the rest is history.  There were others like Ellerbe's Rocky, Ellerbe's Piper and Ellerbe's Magic that where bred the same way, Ellerbe's Dutchess....etc these dogs continued to produce great specimens that weren't in the public's view. MGK did a great job with what he got, and if you follow the peds you will see where it was used and by who and its public knowledge what the results were.

3/18/2010 8:42 am  #11

Final set:

1. What kennels or breeders do you feel are over hyped and wich ones are under rated and why???

2. The recent JD bulldog have been noted for having structural issues has this carried on to the BBB bloodlines???

3. What have you done in your BBB program to set yourself apart??? What makes BBB special/unique???

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

3/18/2010 2:11 pm  #12

knock knock

3/18/2010 8:24 pm  #13

Final set:

1. What kennels or breeders do you feel are over hyped and wich ones are under rated and why???

We really have never worked with another kennel, I have used some outs that came off of dailey's earlier breeding's and that was it and i used some of kyle simm's but other than that its been Johnson/Ellerbe breeding's all along. From the outside looking in I would have to say anyone breeding away from the standard and introducing other breeds to achieve their goal, then lying about it....is over hyped! So that makes those that are staying true to the standard and breeding actual AMERICAN BULLDOGS under rated. I think that although I personally like some of these dogs being produced, they should be called something else.

Those that are still breeding the Ole' American Bulldog should strive for a better dog within the breed and unite and quit arguing with a wall.  I left out names purposely because i cant think of them all, but there are breeders producing nice American Bulldogs and there are those producing nice bully specimen, we have to personally decide which category we want to fall under.

2. The recent JD bulldog have been noted for having structural issues has this carried on to the BBB bloodlines???

That really hasn't been recent, its been going on for sometime. I remember seeing some nice JDJ dogs in the late 90's early 2000 , They were starting to do some better planned breeding's, not for size but for soundness, concentrating on structure and so forth. Not sure what went wrong, The earliest line we have introduced into our ped's I believe died a few yrs back and if I'm wrong then he is at least 12 or 13. We really haven't been hard pressed to go outside of our yards, we have some breeding's planned for the near future but it will be within our own yards.

3. What have you done in your BBB program to set yourself apart??? What makes BBB special/unique???

We have stayed true to the game! Our peds stand apart, our loyalty to each other and to the breeders before us stands apart. The fact that we are not connected to any other breeder out there, we run alone and survive....lol  Understand when I say that I don't exclude our group from ever doing business with another breeder but if we did it would be after years of seeing the same kind of loyalty to the breed.

I appreciate the time given and hope this questionaire served its purpose.....   
I attached a few pics of my dogs...enjoy!

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/Orlando419/labeled%20pics/bulldogsofpastchynadoll.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/Orlando419/labeled%20pics/tiny44.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/Orlando419/labeled%20pics/bulldogsofpastjustice.jpg

Last edited by Orlando B.B.B (3/18/2010 8:43 pm)

3/18/2010 8:34 pm  #14

Good questions , and good honest answers...and to the point !!

3/18/2010 9:01 pm  #15

That's what  like to see, honest upfront answers and keeping it about the bulldogs.  No need to hype themselves or slam anyone else. It appears you carry about in your business in a professional and very proud way. Best of luck in your future endeavors... 

Martin

Martin

3/18/2010 9:07 pm  #16

Orlando, How many gens. deep is BBB, and what year did BBB start breeding off Mr. Ellerbe's dogs? Who were your foundation dogs? I quess a complete pedigree of the BBB line, from the beginning to the present would answer all these questions? Jim

3/18/2010 9:44 pm  #17

This here is one of my all time favorites.....  Ellerbe's BoBo-licious  I think Ricks wife might have had say in naming him...lol
this was Ruby Farnetti's Nephew out of Ruby's brother Ellerbe's BoJohn  X Ellerbes China (Ivory) and owned by Rick ....

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/Orlando419/labeled%20pics/bulldogsofpastbobo.jpg

This is a pic of Ivory (not the best pic I could find) already 9 or 10 yrs old I believe she was 11when she died.....Grumpy Ole'bitch!...lol.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/Orlando419/labeled%20pics/Ellerbeschyna.jpg

I started learning about the breed in 87 and got with Rick early 90-91 ...then Rick Penny Albert and I came up with and decided on BullyBoyBloodlinez
Rick had already been quite a few breeding's in when we got together. These are a couple of the dogs we started with, if
I get time in between school,work and Business i will search through a couple hard drives for some other photos....

I regret not taking the photos I should have taken early on, I really had know Idea where this Dog thing would take us.
I think that would have to be my only regret in all these yrs...lol

Last edited by Orlando B.B.B (3/18/2010 9:53 pm)

3/18/2010 10:15 pm  #18

Orlando, I think I read that you used some Dailey dogs. Who were they off of? Can you tell us anything about Georgia Firecracker? What I'm tryin' to figure out is how many gens. can you breed with Bo 6, Sug 6, Champagne and Georgia Firecracker....and Dailey dogs. BTW BoBolicious ....very nice. Jim - What about the Symme's dogs. Tell us about them too.

Last edited by JGM-NC (3/18/2010 10:24 pm)

3/18/2010 10:35 pm  #19

I also used Kyle Symms, and I thought I posted Dj  X Maddie as well but I went back and saw that i didn't...sorry about that.
Nevertheless the peds are self explanatory, they are bred in a way that you can go out several generations before you need to come back into those lines you are trying to maintain, that is another thing that sets us apart. these lines were established for that purpose thus given the name "Foundation stock" (not meant to be rude...lol) that's the well we continue to go back to in order to replenish without having to go to far out. I believe it was a Tug X Pepper bitch. 

This is Lennox, he was 2nd pic male I was happy with 5 pups out of 8. these pups lived 9-10 solid years.
Thanks for the compliment on BoBo i will make sure it gets back to Rick , If im not mistaken he wasn't 2 yrs old in that pic.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/Orlando419/labeled%20pics/bulldogsofpastlennox.jpg

Last edited by Orlando B.B.B (3/18/2010 10:38 pm)

3/18/2010 10:55 pm  #20

I've seen Lennox before...very nice. So you used a bitch off of Tug x Pepper? Who's Pepper? And the Symme's dogs...off who? Have you ever thought about using pedigree database? Then, I wouldn't have to keep buggin' you. Jim - any Painter blood in those Symme's dogs?

Last edited by JGM-NC (3/18/2010 11:04 pm)

3/19/2010 6:32 pm  #21

Orlando, I did a little research and found some answers to my questions.... Sure-Grip into Tomahawk, Crimson into GWK as well as Johnson into Maldarelli's breedings, all culminating into BBB. I also found breedings going back through Albert and Rick to Mr. Ellerbe from peds. posted by Shawn Norton of Keystone. Yeah, I know and we don't need to go there!! If you want to, feel free to point out the differences between BBB and Keystone.Two final questions - Do Rick and Albert or you still breed the BBB line today? Do you'll sell to the public? Thanks for your time and any additional information you, Albert or Rick would care to add would be appreciated. Jim

3/19/2010 11:44 pm  #22

Here we go again ...Orlando,How can you say there isnt black dogs coming from a black dog..What ???are you serious ????Champagne was a black dog and Champagne II was a black Dog... Black Mamba was Black and Batmight was Black.and so on for 11 generations Ive been producing Black and white dogs down from Ellerbes Champagne...No crosses added ...No reason to ...Black produces Black...So I guess Im the one that Kept Mr. Ellerbes Black Line Dream Alive...Like it or not its true...Dont Hate Participate...Oh Yeah By the way Mr Ellerbe or James as I called him when I personnally talked to him appreciated that fact...

3/20/2010 1:56 am  #23

Mr. Kennedy I see you stated that you bred 11 gen of the black from mr. Ellerbes dogs.well I was wondering did those dogs come down off the dog you had aquired from mr. Frances? And if so didn't he aquire that dog from brian springer. I'm talkin about the black and white dog. And knowin all that we as men can say that, that very dog was a cross itself. But you stated in your post to orlando that you never crossed but in reality you started with a cross. No harm intended just tryin to get past a lot of the bs when it comes to the american bulldog breed and the stories people make up.

3/20/2010 2:22 am  #24

No doug "here YOU go again"   I said in all the years we have been breeding OUR dogs we have never gotten solid blacks , red or fawn with black masks or solid blue, no where in my post did I mentioned you or your program. NO one was producing those solid colors ..... I believe you had your shot on the hot seat doug you should have spunn it then!  This is all I have to say, to the public, research your dogs and use common sense when shopping for an American Bulldog. 

THIS:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/Orlando419/KennedysEpitome.gif

PLUS THIS:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/Orlando419/axehead.jpg

DOES NOT EQUAL THIS:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/Orlando419/RubyLee.jpg

NOR THIS:
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r167/Orlando419/lucy.jpg

your arguing with the wrong person, "I'm not the one buying what your selling" so there is no need to prove it to me.

this comment was hysterical, YOU SAID " So I guess Im the one that Kept Mr. Ellerbes Black Line Dream Alive.."   
that doesn't even warrant a response from me, but if it makes you feel better you can continue to tell yourself that....bless your heart!!   

I will leave you with this doug, if what you were saying were really true we as a group that PROUDLY keep his breeding's going would be just as proud about his dogs on your yard. We aren't that prideful that we wouldn't recognize his breeding's on another yard, in other words this has never been personal, really, its been about the obvious.

3/20/2010 2:41 am  #25

JGM-NC wrote:

Orlando, I did a little research and found some answers to my questions.... Sure-Grip into Tomahawk, Crimson into GWK as well as Johnson into Maldarelli's breedings, all culminating into BBB. I also found breedings going back through Albert and Rick to Mr. Ellerbe from peds. posted by Shawn Norton of Keystone. Yeah, I know and we don't need to go there!! If you want to, feel free to point out the differences between BBB and Keystone.Two final questions - Do Rick and Albert or you still breed the BBB line today? Do you'll sell to the public? Thanks for your time and any additional information you, Albert or Rick would care to add would be appreciated. Jim

yes Jim the crimson stuff came by way of the Dj X Maddie breeding, the suregrip stuff bred to the Dj X Maddie stuff did not clique, I never used it, I cant think of niko's owners name but he took the male he chose and the rest were given away, there was a male in that litter that ended up in st. pete then I believe cliff got him.  I just wasn't happy with how they turned out.  I think it was Don Little that owned Niko,I might be wrong not to sure.

The difference in BBB and Keystone.... LOL, I think you can look at his dogs and determine that answer on your own.

We have a few things planned as we speak and on occasion we will sell to the public.

Hope this helped a little Jim , take care!

Board footera