Photobucket

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/18/2012 1:00 pm  #1

How I started a program from scratch... UPDATE...

I have always had a creative nature... did my first hybrid breeding in 2002 and have been at it mostly privately ever since... I have always used staffy bull has the axle for my projects...until you have owned a good one you would not understand...they are virtually little game dogs and are very hardy most having a vigorous constitution and great attitudes...

I started my current line with an AKC female Staffy Diva: http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo49/muscletechk9/divacln.jpg

Diva is a solid little girl with her best days behind her...her temp is flawless with people but business with other in her prime she just like her brother AKC Ch. Peck: http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo49/muscletechk9/rippeduppeck.jpg

Bred her to a frenchy and produced Jack: http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo49/muscletechk9/Pyro3.jpg

Jack was and still is just a tool and nothing else and lives in a full time pet home where I have access to him he will be bred this year for the first time.
The breeding with the frenchy produced dogs with hardcore drive and attitude but there wasnt enough body for my liking to use them multiple times. I sent Jacks litter mate bro to Amy Krogman for her shorty bull project in 06-07? Again nothing special just a tool...

In search of more body I then took Diva again and bred her to Kreature: http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo49/muscletechk9/Kreatureside.jpg

Kreature had an extreme body with a great rear and big full cheeks his temp was solid mainly just a chill dog, he is part Kennedy with a shot of Tyson
and other stuff...

Diva gave natural birth no problem bred to an 80 plus pound male with a 23 inch head I got 4 pups from that breeding and kept an UGLY tight skinned pup with personality and named her Winnie: http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo49/muscletechk9/PapisCamera464.jpg

I will post up new pics of her full grown, today she is AMAZING in my eyes she looks like a perfect tight skinned 40 pound staffy bull if I didnt tell you she was half AB you would not believe it she looks nothing like her dad...

In turn I took Winnie wanting a more square Bull appearance and bred Winnie almost 2 years ago to her uncle Halo:http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo49/muscletechk9/Halo1.jpg

http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo49/muscletechk9/Halo2.jpg

Halo has a muscular rear and a nice head type plus he and Kreature are half brothers...Halo is active and has a very laid back attitude with starngers..

From the Halo/Winnie line breeding I produced a 1/4 Staffy and 3/4 AB... my best litter looks wise, 6 live pups 1 cull to a full pet home:
http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo49/muscletechk9/Litter2.jpg

The 3rd pup from left to right was my pick, the one with the red body suite next to him being just has good and better in certain aspect went on with a litter mate to a production studio that makes videos and commercials...

I will update this thread with the pick of the litter male I kept back to evaluate at 1 1/2 year old and with updated pics of Winnie his mother and what direction we are going with in my 3rd gen crosses from my foundation breedings here is a very realistic and obtainable finish:
http://i360.photobucket.com/albums/oo49/muscletechk9/apolodoradostaff.jpg

I`m halfway there already...

Last edited by Uncle Ish (5/09/2012 4:50 pm)

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

4/18/2012 1:48 pm  #2

Re: How I started a program from scratch... UPDATE...

Tight work ish, really like what you've gone with ur program.  that last pick, is that off your Halo/Winnie breeding?  what are his stats?

4/18/2012 2:30 pm  #3

Good stuff  Ish. You're right about staffy bulls, once you have one you truly realize how badass they are. I love smoke and have some cool plans for him here soon. Maybe some 1/2 staffy bull 1/4 gargoyle bulldogge 1/4 ab???

DWK home of DWK's Big BAMF Buster- IDGAF, B1T3 M3, KMA, SMD, uSOB

4/18/2012 5:50 pm  #4

DWK_Jacob wrote:

Good stuff  Ish. You're right about staffy bulls, once you have one you truly realize how badass they are. I love smoke and have some cool plans for him here soon. Maybe some 1/2 staffy bull 1/4 gargoyle bulldogge 1/4 ab???

Thats cool Jacob...not just the color and flash but when you own a good one you admire them...but that would be a cool match up I need different staffy blood anyways so you got one sold already...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

4/18/2012 9:51 pm  #5

Do the damn thing Ish! Good stuff right there! Ya know.... its funny... you have a few people out there that talk about how wrong it is to cross breed. Fact is... every breed has been cross bred to create what they are. When I have room.... I will begin work on a project of my own.... HOGS BEWARE!

Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.
- Robert Frost

4/18/2012 10:10 pm  #6

I guess I was not a fan of crossing breeds and although I didn't hold it against those that did it I didn't think I would do it.  I had a run of raising American Bulldogs for about 15 years until after losing one of my favorite dogs I thought I was done breeding.  I finally found a merle bulldog (Alapaha) that I could afford (back then you had to pay about 4-8K to get a bully style one).  I liked her but I knew she was not the ideal dog.  I didn't cross her to make a "designer breed" that would sell for more money or to just "see what I would get".  I knew what I wanted and knew the only way I would get it was to make it myself.  I worked from there for my OEB line.  My mini line started from a similar passion and high standards.  I think the crosses make more work so sometimes I am not ashamed to use other peoples work to help achieve my goal and vise verse.

4/19/2012 7:45 am  #7

JerryB wrote:

Do the damn thing Ish! Good stuff right there! Ya know.... its funny... you have a few people out there that talk about how wrong it is to cross breed. Fact is... every breed has been cross bred to create what they are. When I have room.... I will begin work on a project of my own.... HOGS BEWARE!

I didnt want to go this route at the very start... I owned amstaffs and am bulldogs... with BSL coming in heavy I wanted to look into staffies they were easy to hide lol... but the ones you see in the magazines and at dogs shows abroad are very hard to come by...you just dont order one...you have to know somebody that knows somebody that knows something about it...so I was just like hey...I will make them...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

4/19/2012 7:47 am  #8

WildwoodBulldogges wrote:

I guess I was not a fan of crossing breeds and although I didn't hold it against those that did it I didn't think I would do it.  I had a run of raising American Bulldogs for about 15 years until after losing one of my favorite dogs I thought I was done breeding.  I finally found a merle bulldog (Alapaha) that I could afford (back then you had to pay about 4-8K to get a bully style one).  I liked her but I knew she was not the ideal dog.  I didn't cross her to make a "designer breed" that would sell for more money or to just "see what I would get".  I knew what I wanted and knew the only way I would get it was to make it myself.  I worked from there for my OEB line.  My mini line started from a similar passion and high standards.  I think the crosses make more work so sometimes I am not ashamed to use other peoples work to help achieve my goal and vise verse.

People arent aware that you made the World Famous SBK Cade...I loved his sister...what a muscle freak she was...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

4/19/2012 9:01 pm  #9

I got lucky with that breeding since I didn't have to use crossbreeding to get Cade and his sister but I enjoy not being limited when creating wonderful dogs.  I am sure there are lots of people that think I am crazy when they don't understand my madness but it is a vision I can see.

4/19/2012 10:30 pm  #10

WildwoodBulldogges wrote:

I got lucky with that breeding since I didn't have to use crossbreeding to get Cade and his sister but I enjoy not being limited when creating wonderful dogs.  I am sure there are lots of people that think I am crazy when they don't understand my madness but it is a vision I can see.

I feel you on this one...having no limits is great...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

4/22/2012 9:06 am  #11

Ish I like what you're working with....you are going to want to hit me up....I have a very valuable tool.....one of the tightest coats I've seen....large head, thick rears, strong shoulders n chest will top off around 85 lbs lean and 21" but shorter dogs in ped....bred for performance 100%......and to top it off very very hard mouth....305-499-0546

Dio
  dpa777@gmail.com

4/26/2012 5:32 am  #12

Ish I'd like to see the updates of Halo/Winnie

Dio
  dpa777@gmail.com

4/27/2012 9:25 am  #13

D I will give you a ring and I have new pics coming soon...he looks better that his father in my opinion...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

5/05/2012 10:11 am  #14

Ish that last male is DA' Shizzy!!! Damn can't wait too see how he and his litter mates developed.. May have a lil' sumthin' sumthin' for him to go to..   Good stuff bro!! Peace

Btw, luv that lil' freak on your avatar!! Frenchy or shorty??

Last edited by JR.DIAZ (5/05/2012 1:06 pm)

5/08/2012 3:40 pm  #15

beautiful i want one

5/09/2012 4:50 pm  #16

My pick male died of a heat stroke...survival of the fittest...he didnt handle the weather well down here...but his mom will be bred again and we will be back to the drawing board...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

5/09/2012 9:17 pm  #17

Uncle Ish wrote:

My pick male died of a heat stroke...survival of the fittest...he didnt handle the weather well down here...but his mom will be bred again and we will be back to the drawing board...

Damn shame.. That boy was bad ass Ish.. I know you have a few more tucked away for use in your new foundation.. Would be nice to have some of that up north and a few of ours down south.. Just a thought bro.. There is couple of leavitt line bred dogs down your way I know who are lookin to be sold/placed out if interested.. Hot stuff too, def not lap dogs..  FYI, not talkin bout them lame assed LB's either.. 

5/14/2012 8:08 pm  #18

JR.DIAZ wrote:

Uncle Ish wrote:

Damn shame.. That boy was bad ass Ish.. I know you have a few more tucked away for use in your new foundation.. Would be nice to have some of that up north and a few of ours down south.. Just a thought bro.. There is couple of leavitt line bred dogs down your way I know who are lookin to be sold/placed out if interested.. Hot stuff too, def not lap dogs..  FYI, not talkin bout them lame assed LB's either.. 

I would gladly send something up your way... I have the 2 F1 sisters getting bred this year out of kreature and the staffy...  and we will select more on function and health... the pros and cons are part of breeding... I wont get my hopes up till I have made sure the basics have been covered...LOL we live and learn bro... I would love to see any good oldes you know of down here...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

5/14/2012 8:33 pm  #19

Uncle Ish wrote:

Sorry for your loss bro...

Dio
  dpa777@gmail.com

5/16/2012 7:40 pm  #20

Dio wrote:

Uncle Ish wrote:

Sorry for your loss bro...

Thanks D... but its part of the dog game sadly... the challenge that keeps us moving is the desire to fix past mistakes...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

5/17/2012 9:14 pm  #21

Nice bulldogs,Ish... I love the staffy bull influence

5/18/2012 2:36 pm  #22

Thanks man... we have 2 litters coming that will be 1/4 staffy bull...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

3/13/2015 4:15 pm  #23

TTT

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

9/06/2015 9:17 pm  #24

I brought a staff over from the UK in '06.  Great breed for certain.  

9/09/2015 9:46 am  #25

Post pics if you have any...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

Board footera