Photobucket

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/09/2012 1:35 am  #1

Old School Letters

I have some old school hand written letters from around 20 years ago from the likes of John D Johnson, Kyle Symmes (Sure Grip), John Blackwell (Blackwell's), Mark Oathout (Screaming Eagle). Billy Hines (Hines) and other breeders from the early to mid 90's. I was thinking of posting some of the letters if there is an interest. I also have many of the generic letters given out by breeders back then as well.   

One of the letters is a short hand written letter by John D Johnson on the "History of American Bulldog," as he titled it. I have always been one for history. Now how much of these letters are true versus a breeder adding some creative writing skill to the Bulldog and even more specifically their line of Bulldogs can be debated, but none the less they are first hand accounts coming directly from past breeders versus the typical second hand information you here today. Again if there is some interest I will put some up one at a time.

Last edited by marcelnorcalsab (12/09/2012 12:59 pm)

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
John Wooden

www.norcalsbulldogs.com

12/09/2012 2:03 am  #2

Re: Old School Letters

I would love to read them! All of the folks you listed can be found if you look across all 3 of my dogs' peds. I enjoy learning all I can about the history of this breed.

12/09/2012 2:56 am  #3

Lets see em

12/09/2012 3:21 am  #4

I'm interested!

12/09/2012 11:28 am  #5

POST THEM PLEASE,  POPPABILL.

wporter1@rochester.rr.com. 1-585-319-3165
http://pedigrees-plus.webs.com
(REMEMBER TO LOVE UM & HUG UM WHILE YOU CAN, AS LIFE IS OVER IN A HEART BEAT)

12/09/2012 12:45 pm  #6

DO IT UP!!!!!

12/09/2012 12:57 pm  #7

I will scan a couple later today when I am free and post them. I figure I can do 1 or 2 at a time.

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
John Wooden

www.norcalsbulldogs.com

12/10/2012 12:25 am  #8

Scanner is down so I will try a different computer tomorrow

John Wooden

www.norcalsbulldogs.com

12/10/2012 8:01 am  #9

This would be very cool Marcel... cant wait to see em...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

Board footera