Photobucket

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/15/2009 3:24 pm  #1

Congrats Naptown bullies your officially in the hot seat!!!!

The hot seat is about real breeders getting asked real questions and Nation X is expecting real answers. If youre the sensitive type reading this topic is not for you. Keep your eyes open you might be next in the hot seat. " Tune in every Tuesdays to see whos next in line "

Tray one of the reasons Nation X has respect for you is cause youre one of the few Breeders  that always keep it real, cause you know Im allergic to fake people!!

This is the 1st round of 3, their will be a total of 6 more question soon

1st question Tray and please answer them in order

First= What direction do you think the breed is going in with all this different styles and looks??

Second= Tray We all know the positives of your program what do you think your program is lacking and how do you plan on fixing them??

Third= What advice would you give to the Newbies coming into the game??

Nation X please feel free to ask Tray any question you might have Hes a straight up guy with alot of knowledge.

***All views expressed on the "hot seat" are personal opinions by those being interviewed only and don't necessarily reflect those of
Nation-X, and its on-line users ***

.Love your rivals cause you need someone to beat.

12/15/2009 3:28 pm  #2

Re: Congrats Naptown bullies your officially in the hot seat!!!!

His website is
www.naptownbullies.com

12/15/2009 7:20 pm  #3

Thanks for having me in the hot seat guys!...I will keep it 100 like always but remember these are just my opinions!..

Q #1 - What direction do you think the breed is going in with all this different styles and looks??

I personally think the breed as a whole will stay the same...I do think the level of quality will raise along with the level of Shizzy in this breed...But that has been the case for the 10yrs. I have been around this breed..The breed is getting bullier and a bit more flashy...I see a lot more STYLE'S of AB's like everyone else...I don't think this breed should become a bunch of Oldies but at the same time the day's of Reggie Miller looking Bulldogs should be over IMO...Just like the people with the dogs I am speaking of, would like my style of AB to be done with...I think we can come to a happy medium with out having tall skinny dogs and fat short dogs...But just because I think we can does not mean we will...Bringing me back to Q#1, I think it will continue to be one of the most diverse breed of K9 in the UNIVERSE which is a good thing and a bad thing...People are free to do as they wish but that leaves the door open to more inconsistency in the breed...

Q #2- Tray We all know the positives of your program what do you think your program is lacking and how do you plan on fixing them??

Well this will be the question everyone else lies there ass off on..lol..My dogs IMO need a little BONE, more MASS...I think every program can work a little on the structure...Having dogs with good structure and having a line of solid structured dogs is two different things...If someone says they don't need to work on structure they are damn lie...I have some of the best structured "EXTREME BULLY TYPE" dogs in the game but I always work for structure...Bone and mass are not as easy to add as you think when you are looking to keep "YOUR TYPE"...There are some Extreme Bully Type Dogs that throw BONE and MASS, but a lot of those dogs give you other Shizzy you will be weeding out for 3-5yrs or more...So that is why I chose BH as my out cross, I always feel it is best to out cross your blood to a line bred dog/program..Vito has been doing his thing for a long time now...I know the blood and know EVERY breeding he has done has had a whole lot of thought go into it...SO by using Huggy & Elvis I feel I can better my structure(HUGGY) and add more bone and mass(ELVIS) to my program but know I wont have to weed out a tone of Shizzy I am not wanting...Once again these are my opinons and only time will tell...

Q #3- What advice would you give to the Newbies coming into the game??

Beside get a pup from Naptown Bullies.....First decide what type of dog you want...Don't come up to me at a show with your Yao Ming Bully and see my stuff and say " DAMN WHERE DO I GET SOMETHING LIKE THAT)...You should already know what is out there available before you get a pup...That statement would tell me you found someone selling AB's in the paper for a few houndred bucks..I would tell them to get on these boards and watch and take notes for 6-12mths, before buying a pup...Ask to see what these people have produced..If they show you a bunch of pups move on...If they show you nice dog after nice dog that would be someone I would look into...Ask what type of Guarantees they offer...After you get a pup don't get another one until you have a good feel for the breed/blood you are working with...I see so many people get in real fast and then think they can turn something out of nothing??...Trust me it don't work like that...If you buy Shizzy you will produce Shizzy...If you buy quality you have a good chance of producing quality...Don't ever get satisfied, stay hungry and focused and you will be fine!...

Once again Nation X these are my opinions only...Thanks NX for believing I am worthy of the HOT SEAT!...Keep the Q's coming..

12/15/2009 8:18 pm  #4

Great post well said Tray im taking notes.

LET THEM HATE SO LONG AS THEY FEAR

"We are all attracted by short-cuts, quick fixes and easy solutions.But character takes time to shape and build."

12/15/2009 10:46 pm  #5

I'M TURNING OFF MY COMPUTER ON TUESDAYS. WELL SAID TRAY, I'M ALWAYS LEARNING FROM THE BEST....

www.evolutionamericanbulldogs.com

BREED WITH THE BEST AND HOOP FOR THE BEST.  (HERE WE GO)

12/16/2009 8:21 am  #6

Stay tuned more questions coming soon!!

12/16/2009 9:55 am  #7

Tray great answers sir but guess what??? They only get a little harder in round #2.
to our many fans and viewers of our board, the purpose of the hot seat is too educate not just the newbies but also the more experienced bulldogger. We can all learn something.

ROUND TWO:

#1. What stud (present or past) do you think is over rated and why?

#2. We all have diffrent degrees of tolerance in our programs, that being said what fault would you deff not breed no matter how great the dog was over all?

#3. What established blood-line has the most to offer?

THE LAST AND FINAL ROUND COMING SOON... AND MAN THESE ARE GOING TO BE TUFF!!! 

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

12/16/2009 1:08 pm  #8

#1. What stud (present or past) do you think is over rated and why?

I know I am gonna get a lot of Shizzy for this but oh well...I think 50 is the most over rated STUD in the game...At the same time I think 50 is one of the best MALES in the game...I have never seen him produce another 50 and he has gone to way more females than any other living stud...Better quality females as well...I see Baby and some of these others but NO 50's...I do love Low Low though...lol...I will say he produces better than a lot of males out there and maybe even better than SOME of mine...But you said who was the most over rated...To be the top AB STUD in the game ( Which he is right now ) he should have at least 15-20 heavy hitters....Once again these are jmo...AND I DON'T DISLIKE 50 and am not one of his HATER'S BY ANY MEANS!..I was just asked to be real and I think part of this HOT SEAT thing is being real...

#2. We all have diffrent degrees of tolerance in our programs, that being said what fault would you deff not breed no matter how great the dog was over all?

LONG HAIR....Man that is some foul Shizzy...lol...I laugh every time I see it...lol...Also I can't stand a TRASH rear end...

#3. What established blood-line has the most to offer?

IMO, BraveHeart has the most to offer...If you could see some of his dogs in person you would not even question it...Most kennels can offer you one thing or the other...With BH you can get  MUSCLE, BONE, MASS, STRUCTURE all from different studs/bitches on his yard...I think he has a very promising future with his program...

Hope that answered your questions...Can't wait for round three let's go...

Last edited by NaptownBullies (12/16/2009 2:06 pm)

12/16/2009 5:32 pm  #9

Tray I know the "hot seat" isnt easy, but the truth is the goal isnt to save face (wich we all do at times) but to get upcoming and established kennels points of view on real subjects involving our bulldogs.

ROUND THREE:

#1. Do you have respect for peddlers and do you hang with any? (Some times the bigs names are the ones that live completely off the dogs and have litters every month year round)

#2. How do you feel about paper hanging and would you ever do it, even if doing it meant bettering the breed and your blood-line?

#3. Do you put the breeds welfare first or do you put your kennel`s interest first, even if putting the breed first involves losing thousands of dollars in potential sales?

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

12/16/2009 6:07 pm  #10

Come on Unc. round Three was easier than round 1 & 2...lmao..

#1. Do you have respect for peddlers and do you hang with any? (Some times the bigs names are the ones that live completely off the dogs and have litters every month year round)

COME ON MAN !...No & No..lmao

#2. How do you feel about paper hanging and would you ever do it, even if doing it meant bettering the breed and your blood-line?

I DO NOT CONDONE PAPER HANGING!..lmao..NO I WOULD NEVER DO IT!...This breed is IMO F'd up...Why hang papers when you have the 7/8th rule..lol..The 7/8th rule is as big a joke as the BCS..lol..(for all you football lovers)

#3. Do you put the breeds welfare first or do you put your kennel`s interest first, even if putting the breed first involves losing thousands of dollars in potential sales?

I ALWAYS PUT NAPTOWN FIRST...We have enough people who are "SAVING" the breed...Name anyone's kennel who has a actual line of American Bulldogs that look like the original American Bulldog...I think SS and J.Dailey would be the closest thing to it and they don't even look like the Original American Bulldogs...I think SS and Dailey dogs look better IMO...People think because there dogs fall into "The Standard" they look and function like the original American Bulldog...I do respect the breed enough to not do Q#1&#2...I really don't see anyone putting the breed first...I see everyone putting there kennels first...If enough people can stay focused and breed quality X quality, we would be looking out for the breed as a whole...Remember I am only 3 generations deep with my Naptown Bullies, so I feel I need to do whats right for Naptown first and leave the breeds welfare in others hands who have done the same as I am doing back in the day...Also I have never done a breeding that I thought would be detrimental to the breed!...

Thanks for Nation X the HOT SEAT was fun...

For everyone who got pissed reading this...SORRY...Just being as honest as I can...So to all my HATERS "STEP YOUR GAME UP HATER"...

12/16/2009 6:34 pm  #11

WOW. THAT WAS SOME GOOD STUFF TRAY, YOUR HONESTY YOU EARNED MY RESPECT.....

www.evolutionamericanbulldogs.com

BREED WITH THE BEST AND HOOP FOR THE BEST.  (HERE WE GO)

12/16/2009 9:26 pm  #12

Tray your answers dont surprise me i know youre as honest as they come!!
This hot seat idea is sweet we will have some good topics and breeders.
Some people gonna like some not thats just the name of the game.

12/17/2009 8:42 am  #13

GET READY WHO EVER IS NEXT....PEOPLE WILL NOT LIKE WHEN YOU ARE HONEST...SO IF YOU ARE AFRAID OF DRAMA THE HOT SEAT IS NOT FOR YOU....LMAO

12/17/2009 10:52 am  #14

Tray you did what many would have been scared to do, you called it how you see it brother.

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

2/22/2010 7:59 pm  #15

NaptownBullies wrote:

I DO NOT CONDONE PAPER HANGING!..lmao..NO I WOULD NEVER DO IT!...This breed is IMO F'd up...Why hang papers when you have the 7/8th rule..lol..The 7/8th rule is as big a joke as the BCS..lol..(for all you football lovers)

I hate to ask but i dont care. This is how you learn. Fist off i dont remeber seeing this HOT SEAT. where the hell have i been.but in any event, im a lil ignorant to this question, but can you describe for me in detail what exactly this is??? I hear people refering to this but as a joke. never knew what it meant. thanx

Charles Gregory
a Chain Gang Bullies
"we think like Vampires cause it's always about the BLOOD, anything else is uncivilized!" The movement begins

2/23/2010 11:38 am  #16

CharlesGregory wrote:

NaptownBullies wrote:

I hate to ask but i dont care. This is how you learn. Fist off i dont remeber seeing this HOT SEAT. where the hell have i been.but in any event, im a lil ignorant to this question, but can you describe for me in detail what exactly this is??? I hear people refering to this but as a joke. never knew what it meant. thanx

Its putting FALSE papers on a dog or litter intentionally........ Some people have litters and then register the litter under the wrong parents names intentionally so to make their pedigree will look better=Hanging papers...... Its a under handed practice for selling dogs.....

Last edited by jamesporch (2/23/2010 11:41 am)

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj197/jamesporch/SunshinePlaymaker_zps2df3e6ce.jpg

2/23/2010 1:59 pm  #17

jamesporch wrote:

CharlesGregory wrote:

NaptownBullies wrote:

Its putting FALSE papers on a dog or litter intentionally........ Some people have litters and then register the litter under the wrong parents names intentionally so to make their pedigree will look better=Hanging papers...... Its a under handed practice for selling dogs.....

oooh i see. are you kidding Who does that foul underhanded Crud?!? That is so bugus. thanx James

Charles Gregory
a Chain Gang Bullies
"we think like Vampires cause it's always about the BLOOD, anything else is uncivilized!" The movement begins

2/23/2010 2:20 pm  #18

Charles...... There are some dishonest breeders out there............ But hanging papers can all so be done by accident as well......... Example: A breeder with a female in heat and he intends to breed his female with a particular stud on his yard....... In fact he does breed the female to his stud..... But unkowing to the breeder one of his other studs has already gotten to the female in heat and mated with her......... So the breeder thinks stud "A"  is the sire of the pups but actually stud "B" is the sire....... The bitch has the pups and everything is fine......Breeder register and sells the pups under stud "A" name........ As the pups get older the breeder starts to notice the pups look and carry the traights of stud "B" instead of stud "A"..........

The breeder could let it ride or get a DNA test done on the pup his keeper, then fess up to his mistake to the puppy buyers............ Its a fun world we live in...... Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by jamesporch (2/23/2010 2:22 pm)

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj197/jamesporch/SunshinePlaymaker_zps2df3e6ce.jpg

6/27/2010 3:48 pm  #19

Why would you paper the dogs if your uncertain of the Stud? LEt them go to pet homes as "unregistered unless of course its all about the Denero"$$$..IMO Buyer Beware is correct!

8/08/2010 6:56 pm  #20

Big props to Chris! I think Naptown has some good things coming up.  Stay with the ideas you have and they will materialize.  Even through the tough times.

Show me don't tell me.

1/19/2011 8:11 pm  #21

Yeah same here...
We have the same issues...
If there's anybody out there who share something with regards to this please post it here and share..
  Thanks...

2/14/2012 1:35 am  #22

Hello everybody nice this post and sharing your useful information.

Board footera