Photobucket

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/02/2013 8:22 am  #1

SIMPLYINCREDABULL ON THE "HOT SEAT" ***SHOW TIME***

The hot seat is about real breeders getting asked real questions and Nation X is expecting real answers. If youre the sensitive type reading this topic is not for you. Keep your eyes open you might be next in the hot seat. Up next we have Dannie who`s breeding program is doing big things and she is producing some of the nicest bulldogs in the states... We are now taking questions and in continuing with hot seat tradition all questions sent to me will remain confidential...

We start July 13.... send in those questions!!!

***All views expressed on the "hot seat" are personal opinions by those being interviewed only and don't necessarily reflect those of Nation-X, and its on-line users ***

Last edited by Uncle Ish (7/13/2013 6:29 pm)

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

7/03/2013 12:04 am  #2

Re: SIMPLYINCREDABULL ON THE "HOT SEAT" ***SHOW TIME***

Ready and waiting..

Simply Incred-a-bull American Bulldogs
www.SimplyIncredabull.com

7/13/2013 6:27 pm  #3

OK Dannie lets start by you introducing yourself to the board... most of us know you but there are plenty of new comers who may not be aware...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

7/13/2013 6:45 pm  #4

Your first set goes has follows:

1. You have what is considered by many the best rednosed based yard out here in the states... what put you on top of the food chain and how and why did you avoid Daily the liar paper hanger living off the past and Braveheart the proven cross breeder and puppy miller aka society parasite???

2. Now that these two frauds have been exposed and can never again be trusted what other plans do you have when you need an out cross???

3.If you knew that these two fallen from grace icons were cheats and peddlers why didnt you take the time to warn the rest of us about getting scammed and falling for the Daily arrogance and the BH infomercials??? Does that make you guilty for not speaking up out of fear of being caught in the cross fire????

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

7/13/2013 9:01 pm  #5

Uncle Ish wrote:

OK Dannie lets start by you introducing yourself to the board... most of us know you but there are plenty of new comers who may not be aware...

My opinion is easy to give.. talking about myself is not. LOL

Let's see....

Well, (obviously) my name is Dannie and I am the face behind Simply Incred-a-bull. I have two daughters, who also play a BIG role in the day to day routine of taking care of dogs.

I have raised animals for show starting when I was 10 years old- so I have a fairly good history of having a breeding "program" and continuing to strive towards the ever elusive "Standard of Perfection."

I became involved with the American Bulldog in 2001 when my husband (at the time) came home from work one day and said that he had seen a super cool dog called an American Bulldog and he wanted one. We found a local breeder that had standard dogs (a referral from the owner of the dog he saw) and we got our first one. (WORST dog I have EVER owned!) LOL After we got him, I started researching and fell in love with the bully dogs, most specifically Cheryl Devine's Fat Boy Slim. I wanted one just like him! I remember calling Cheryl and telling her that I wanted one that looked just like that, but a female. She told me of some breedings that she had coming up, but I didn't want to put down a deposit because I want what I want, and if she didn't have a female with a black brindle body suit and an eye patch, then I didn't want one. (I know, the kind of person we all secretly shake our heads over now.)

I ended up buying a Fat Boy Slim grand-daughter from Country Line Kennels. She was one of the best dogs I have ever owned. (Purely from an emotional stand point.) I had my first litters of pups in 2004, and I haven't looked back since.

In 2009, I imported a pup from White Angels in Germany. His name is Studebaker, and he is probably the dog that many people know me for having. At the time that I started breeding him, I was 2 generations of my own breedings into my program, and I started using him with females that I had produced. He has made a big impact in getting my dogs closer to where I want them to be. I have always tried to breed towards a particular type. I like THICK bully dogs.. females that people mistake for males. I will always say that a great breeding program is founded on quality females, even though many people would think that maybe I would say the opposite.

Over the last 2-3 years, I have become more involved in showing, and have traveled all over the country doing so. I also apprenticed to become an IBC and an ABRA judge, and have judged 3 shows in 3 different countries thus far. I have met a lot of great bulldoggers and seen a lot of great dogs in that time.

7/13/2013 10:05 pm  #6

"1. You have what is considered by many the best rednosed based yard out here in the states... what put you on top of the food chain and how and why did you avoid Daily the liar paper hanger living off the past and Braveheart the proven cross breeder and puppy miller aka society parasite???"

Well, first of all, the whole "top of the food chain" comment always makes me laugh.. (I think that Mr Fastlane coined that phrase.)

I think that maybe this is a bit of a multiple part question. First of all, you are right- almost every dog that I own is a red nose.. but that really kind of happened by chance, rather than choice. Studebaker was the only red nosed pup out of two black nosed parents. I learned my lesson a long time ago to never pick for color- (quite different from my initial selection criteria.) He was the best pup, IMO. The first two breedings that I did with him were to red nosed females that I had produced (unintentionally) with black nosed parents as well. Red pigment is recessive, of course, so it just so happens that all of my dogs are red nosed now. ;) I always tell new people- never pick for color.. always just choose the best.

Overall, I am very happy with my yard right now. I don't own a single perfect dog, but almost every one that I own has quite a few things about them that I love. (And the ones that don't aren't destined to stay here.) I would like to think of myself as being a somewhat humble person. Saying that I am at the "top of the food chain" is difficult for me, because there are a lot of breeders out there with nice dogs. What have I done to get my dogs to where they are? Start with quality females- too many people get hung up on the stud. Most males aren't good enough to qualify for that term. I have experienced this with males I have produced in the past, so I am not being rude- just honest. If you start with the best bitch you can afford- you can breed her to someone else's stud that they have proven, that produces the type of dog that you like, that you don't have to feed. You whelp the litter- you keep the BEST. Don't let emotions get in the way of choosing your keepers, and for hell's sake- don't pick pups until they are AT LEAST 6 weeks old. Always try to stay focused on your goal. Be OPEN to the idea that someone else just may own the dog that is the best peice to your puzzle. Never do breedings or buy dogs because they were a "good deal." Don't be afraid to take calculated risks and think outside the box. Watch, listen, learn.

And now the "meat" of the question...

You know, I like what I like.. Jeff and Vito have BOTH produced dogs that I have liked over the years. Obviously, my yard is now built around Caleb/Fas. Honestly, I have found that Caleb blood overall produces the look that I like fairly consistently. I never saw Caleb in person, but from pics, I think that Jeff has produced much better dogs- I truly didn't think that Caleb was that good looking. I found Wooly Bully to be much more visually appealing- but as far as a producer goes, Caleb has my vote. Not saying that everything out of Caleb blood is perfect. I think as long as you know the faults within the line you are dealing with and you don't become blind to them, you can use the things that you want and try to breed out what you don't.

I remember that there was a time when I looked at Jeff's website and I was just in awe of all the dogs that he had that I liked on there. Omen that Troy had was one of the most beautiful AB females I have ever seen (in pictures. Never saw her in person.)

I also really liked the "Bouncing Betty" era of Vito's dogs. Thick, muscular, bully headed dogs.

At the time, a lot of the feuding that you saw on message boards was Vito, Jeff, and Cheryl. I know that there are two sides to every story, and not everything that you read is truth, but I have always tried to be a good student. Watch, listen, learn. There have always been a lot of people who complained that they were treated very rudely, and I just think that I didn't want to be one of those people. I have met both of them in person now, and neither of them was rude to me- in fact, Jeff was very nice.

Both Jeff's and Vito's breeding programs have changed a lot over the last 5-8 years. We all have a vision of goals and a path that we intend to take to reach them. I would just say that there came a time when in my mind, my vision of what I wanted an AB to be became different than their's. If you asked them, they might tell you that they are closer to their goals than they were in the days that I mentioned. That is both the beauty and the curse of the AB- there are enough different types for everyone.

7/13/2013 10:16 pm  #7

"2. Now that these two frauds have been exposed and can never again be trusted what other plans do you have when you need an out cross???"

Honestly, it was never on my agenda to go to either of these bloodlines when I needed something to outcross to. AB's as a whole are based on outcross breedings, so I am not too concerned about needing a major outcross anytime in the near future. Almost every dog that I own right now is a Studebaker daughter. I did a bit of in-breeding to hold onto and work in later. This next year, I will be doing loose linebreedings with the daughters and I will then take their offspring back and crunch a bit with grandpa/cousins/uncles. There will be the common blood to line up on the traits that I want to lock in, and some outcross blood that will hopefully bring in some things that I am lacking. In 5-10 years, I want people to be able to say, "Hey, that is a Simply Incred-a-bull dog!" It will take some time, but that is the goal.

7/13/2013 10:44 pm  #8

"3.If you knew that these two fallen from grace icons were cheats and peddlers why didnt you take the time to warn the rest of us about getting scammed and falling for the Daily arrogance and the BH infomercials??? Does that make you guilty for not speaking up out of fear of being caught in the cross fire????"

Has anyone ever heard of an "Askhole?" Here is the "definition": A person who constantly asks for your advice, yet always does the opposite of what you told them.

I literally get asked for advice or help with something pertaining to dogs at least 6 days of the week. I always try to help anyone out as much as I can. One thing that I have learned over the years is that I can talk until I am blue in the face, but that does not mean that people aren't going to make their OWN choices, and their own mistakes. Anyone who has been breeding dogs for awhile has made a bad decision, or had a breeding not turn out the way we expected, but it is what you choose to do at that point that defines a "good breeder" to me.

Have I been afraid to speak up? I have gone multiple rounds with Vito in the past- I was one of the first to stand up and say that A + B did not = C when it came to the Game Changers. He and I have had some pretty heated discussions over the years. Do I have a personal vendetta against Vito? No, I do not. Did I buy what he was selling? No, I didn't.

I have never had any run-ins with Jeff, and he hasn't done as much message board posting or infomercials. Again- I have only met him once, and he was very cordial to me. I have heard a LOT of stories over the years about his breeding practices. Do I know first hand if they are true or not? No, I don't. But again- watch, listen, learn.

There are a lot of sheep and fad chasers in this breed.. and there probably always will be. Those with the desire to have "the hot new thing." You have to remember- I have been breeding animals towards a goal since I was 10 years old. That isn't how I "play the game" and I can tell people not to get wrapped up in the hype all day every day, but I don't have the energy for that. Honestly, it probably wouldn't make a difference, anyway. I would just be labeled a "hater."

7/14/2013 7:48 pm  #9

Here goes the second set:

1. Why are you breeding around a family of dogs with wry jaw (the Bayside blood)... and are you finally going to get off your high horse and admit Baker is wry???

2. You make it seem like your boy is on the same level as Fifty. The vard is pro fifty why do feel like you need to ram him down every ones throat?

3. Rumor has it that you want to stack next to WB, Wolfman what is it that you are hiding on Baker?

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

7/14/2013 8:42 pm  #10

How has the hot seat turned into nothing but bashing others in the line of questioning? Do you wanna know about this kennel or others? This is very strange...

Canine Congress of Texas 2014
Paris, Texas
Web is NOT updated yet, but as I settle into my new routine, we'll get it up and running with information throughout the year!!
www.molosserevents.wix.com/show

7/14/2013 9:06 pm  #11

I agree not sure why the questions about Jeff and Vito there is enough of that in every other thread. I do like how Dannie handled it but I was hoping this would be about her and what she is doing

7/14/2013 9:13 pm  #12

Same thing happened to my hot seat....a bunch of screwy questions.

http://nastybulls.webs.com/
Everybody wants to go to heaven; but nobody wants to die.

7/14/2013 10:24 pm  #13

If I may ask a direct question of Dannie, in your opinion, what are the main problems with the Bully AB?....your answer doesn't need to be limited to just the dogs, but with the "AB scene" as a whole? - Jim        

7/14/2013 10:38 pm  #14

"1. Why are you breeding around a family of dogs with wry jaw (the Bayside blood)... and are you finally going to get off your high horse and admit Baker is wry???"

First of all- let's clarify what "Bayside blood" is. Boss is a first generation "Bayside" breeding. His father is almost 100% Dailey and his mother is 1/2 Dailey and 1/2 MGK.

Chili is also heavy Dailey and MGK blood, and has nothing to do with Bayside's kennel. So, if we are talking about "Bayside blood," you are going to need to claify for me exactly what you are referring to. Also, which dogs are wry? I have heard rumors about Boss AND Chili- I have seen lots of pics of both, and neither of them appear that way to me.

One thing I have experienced over the last several years is that when people feel threatened by what you have, they make up a lot of things that are not true. I can't imagine taking the time away from my LIFE to do that about someone else's DOG. Life is too short. Besides, if someone else has a nice dog, maybe that dog is something that can improve on what I have.. I am ALWAYS on the look out for good studs!

I can talk about Studebaker and his bite a million times, and there will always be those that disagree with me. He does not have a great bite- he is missing one tooth (common in bulldogs,) he has an extra tooth on top, and a crooked canine on the bottom- possibly due to the extra tooth on top. His JAW is perfectly straight. I have never tried to hide any of these things, and frankly, I should just save this response to copy and paste later, as I am sure it won't be the last time it comes up. I have a whole yard full of his offspring that have beautiful bites- to the point where I have had judges make comments to me about how great they are.

I don't expect EVERYONE to like my dog(s)- again, that is the beauty of the AB. He has been shown a million times, and I am no stranger to wry. Deja- MY first AB that I mentioned above was wry, and so was a pup that I bought a few years ago. I know what it looks like. It isn't like I have ever hidden him at home- he has been more places than most bulldoggers.

Just because a dog has testicles doesn't mean he can be called a stud. Studebaker, IMO, is one of the most consistent producers of quality (no matter the bitch that he is bred to) alive. I say that because I have a yard full of his offspring, and I can't say that I would willingly replace them with anything different. He hasn't been bred a million times, by my choice. I have turned down more people that wanted to use him than I have bred him off of my yard, because I want to try to produce the best I can with him. Again- he may not be what everyone likes- and he is not a perfect dog. BUT- I love him, and I love what he produces. I thought long and hard about the breeding that I wanted to buy a male from.. It only took me 8 years to find what I wanted. Does he meet my expectations? Yes, he does. If he doesn't meet YOUR expectations- that is ok. There are plenty of dogs out there to breed to and buy puppies from, and I don't HAVE to have everyone's approval or support. I want to look at the dogs I feed every day and be happy about it, and I am.

7/15/2013 12:02 am  #15

"2. You make it seem like your boy is on the same level as Fifty. The vard is pro fifty why do feel like you need to ram him down every ones throat?"

There are a LOT of people who like Fifty, and he has produced some great dogs. I would never try to take anything away from that. I prefer the Hot Totty 2 breedings to the Foxy Ruby breeding.. but that is just MY personal preference. I don't speak out against people's dogs- that isn't my style. Again- I don't need to take away from what someone else has to make myself feel better or my dogs look better. It isn't a competition to me. What makes me happy is looking at a yard of dogs that I love. Doesn't mean that anyone else has to!

"Ram him down everyone's throats." How so? I don't even post pics of my dogs very often anymore. I haven't even announced his offsprings' accomplishments in awhile. I highly doubt that very many people know that his inbred daughter, Coyote Ugly, aka Jersey won BIS Puppy in 2 out of the 3 shows in CA last month, making her a Jr Ch at 8 months- her 2nd show weekend, or that his daughter Hazard earned her 3rd CH in AZ this spring, or that his daughter Lamborghini earned her CH in June, resulting in the TENTH CH title that I have earned between his 5 daughters here- ranging in ages 2.5 years to 8.5 months old. Every single one of them has AT LEAST one Best in Show win. Did ANY of you know that? Probably not.

I have also had Studebaker CLOSED for stud for most of the year. So I guess my interpretation of what "ramming him down people's throats" must be different than others. I can CERTAINLY think of MANY other breeders that are much more aggressive in promoting their dogs than I am.

7/15/2013 12:46 am  #16

Wow...
Ish...what is UP with these questions???

No wonder folks are getting fed up.

Paris, Texas
Web is NOT updated yet, but as I settle into my new routine, we'll get it up and running with information throughout the year!!

7/15/2013 2:38 am  #17

"3. Rumor has it that you want to stack next to WB, Wolfman what is it that you are hiding on Baker?"

This question doesn't even make any sense, it is so ridiculous.

First of all, calling other people out to stack their dogs against mine is a "man thing" to do, and I do NOT play those games. I have never felt the need to have a "pecker measuring" contest over anything, and certainly not over dogs. FURTHERMORE, if I were challenging someone, then how could I be hiding something? Not only that, but I have brought Studebaker to EVERY SINGLE SHOW I have attended to show at within driving distance in the last 2.5 years. He has NEVER stayed home, (with the exception of the time I flew to NC) so if I am trying to hide him, I definitely don't know the right way to go about doing it. Maybe I misunderstood the question.

I have shown against Wolfman- multiple times. I have a PICTURE with the two of them in it from when Studebaker was about 16-17 months old- one that was POSTED, as a matter of fact. I see Harry at almost every show I go to on the West Coast, and I think he has always brought Wolfman with him.

I have never shown against WB, because the only show I have been at with Troy and Liz was the World CH, and they don't show their dogs there. We did pull out Studebaker, WB, Gaucho, and Gracie the year before last in the parking lot. WB has a lot of great qualities. I tried to breed to him once, but the breeding didn't take. He has one of the best rears I have ever seen. Pedigree wise, he doesn't really fit with the direction I want to go right now, but it seems like he has produced some nice offspring.

Next?

7/15/2013 2:40 am  #18

JGM-NC wrote:

If I may ask a direct question of Dannie, in your opinion, what are the main problems with the Bully AB?....your answer doesn't need to be limited to just the dogs, but with the "AB scene" as a whole? - Jim        

Hi Jim! Thanks for your question. I want to make sure I am answering it in the manner of which you asked. Are you asking my opinion of breed faults (the dogs) or what I find the main problems are with the PEOPLE associated with the AB?

7/15/2013 10:25 am  #19

Vindictive and anyone else if you dont like the questions then send me yours... I only use what is sent to me... people your identity remains private... I have a bunch of other questions that are flammers like these... but if you dont submit what do you expect...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

7/15/2013 10:53 am  #20

Alright here we go... final set thats all about you and then we open it up to the public...

1. By far what would be your greatest production to date???

2. Since some insist out of evident jealousy and slander that the only 2 breeders with a legit bloodline that has been sorted, tested and selected are millers...What makes you different??? You put out several litters and charge high tags??? How can you denounce what you practice???

3. If you could do it all over again what would you do differently and why???

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

7/15/2013 11:30 am  #21

Sorry Ish, looks like I jumped the gun on my question. Just to clarify, I was asking about the dogs, breeders, shows, etc. I ask because you've been around awhile and seem to "keep your finger on the pulse of the breed" so to speak...so I'd be interested in your opinion on state of the Bully AB in general.-Jim  

7/15/2013 12:07 pm  #22

I have no questions for Dannie...but you should know better than to do what you are doing. This is pathetic

Paris, Texas

7/15/2013 1:44 pm  #23

"1. By far what would be your greatest production to date???"

Well, that is a hard choice. I have a top three..

1. Simply Incred-a-bull Black Widow, aka Spyder- Deja vu x OSB's Main Xzhibit. She was actually from my first breeding. She died before I could ever breed her- one of the single greatest losses I have ever experienced in dogs. What I wouldn't give to have her to breed to my boy now...

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z180/bulldoggin-mama/Old/Dec32006025_zps55b16765.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z180/bulldoggin-mama/Old/Dec32006023_zpsa66d217d.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z180/bulldoggin-mama/Old/Dec32006044_zps13a97da6.jpg

2. Jungle Juice- Midori Sunrise x Studebaker daughter. I LOVE this dog. She holds 4 CH titles, and multiple BIS wins... she is a big female, and is often times mistaken for her dad. To me, she has a lot of the traits that I love about him, but she also reminds me a lot of her mother in temperament and "expression."

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z180/bulldoggin-mama/Females/4-16-2012093.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z180/bulldoggin-mama/Females/1-18-2013102.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z180/bulldoggin-mama/Females/1-18-2013051.jpg

3. Lamborghini- India Princess x Studebaker daughter. I feel like this girl puts a lot of males to shame. I would love to have a WHOLE YARD full of dogs like this. If she was a little less hyper, she would probably be my fave.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z180/bulldoggin-mama/Snow%20days/12-29-2012390_zps608c4313.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z180/bulldoggin-mama/Females/4-4-13148_zps85b1d1a4.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z180/bulldoggin-mama/Females/3-27-13020_zps6e0a55b5.jpg

7/15/2013 2:45 pm  #24

"2. Since some insist out of evident jealousy and slander that the only 2 breeders with a legit bloodline that has been sorted, tested and selected are millers...What makes you different??? You put out several litters and charge high tags??? How can you denounce what you practice???"

In my opinion, a person can earn the phrase "puppy miller" by multiple actions. Maybe my definition of that is different than others. It is a term that is very loosely thrown around. Here are things that define that term TO ME.

People who make breeding decisions because they are cheap and/or easy.
People who sell all the pups and don't keep anything.
People without a clear goal, who have a bunch of dogs with completely different peds, completely different types.
People who breed to the latest "fad" to try to sell pups.
People who ALWAYS have 4-5 breedings listed on websites or message boards, or post a breeding every month or so.
People who breed for color in order to sell puppies.
People who do nothing with their dogs besides breed them.
People who do nothing to invest in the future of their breeding program.
People who "settle" for the "stud" they have because he is THERE, rather than looking at what someone else may have to offer that could better or compliment what they have.
People who start breeding their females earlier than 16-17 months at the earliest (and I lean more towards 18-24 months myself.

I do have several breedings a year.. more than I used to, because I have more dogs than I used to. But I don't breed just to breed. I also am not afraid to spend $ or take risks. I have kept or co-owned something from every breeding I have done, at least until the pups got some maturity. At that point, a few times I have decided that the results weren't as desireable OR that something else that I had was better, but my initial intention has always been to keep something.

I don't use deposits to fund breedings, and rarely even take deposits before pups hit the ground. I ALWAYS reserve first picks for myself, or keep breeding rights on first pick male. I also don't do breedings just to do them... For example, I had a breeding planned for Lamborghini for this fall for about 6-9 months now.. the stud died recently, and I have no idea what else I would want to take her to right now. So- I skip her until I find the perfect match. Realistically, that will probably delay me breeding her for a year with the timing of her heat cycles- she will be 3.5 years old then. Also, most of my females are only bred 1-2 times here. Jungle and Kamikaze will both be retired after their next breedings- retired, as in spayed. If I was only breeding to make $, I think my actions would be a little different.

Do I ask a decent amount for my pups? Yes, I do. But I have put a lot of time, effort, and $ into my breeding program. I take risks and spend money that a lot of people don't. I always tell people- if price is your primary selection criteria, then I am probably not the breeder for you. No one gave ME anything for free.... but I didn't cry about it.

Last edited by SIMPLYINCREDABULL (7/15/2013 2:48 pm)

7/15/2013 2:46 pm  #25

I think Dannie has done a wonderful job despite the Shizzy questions LOL!!  Here are a few!!

1.  Dannie, you have travelled extensively going to shows and even judging.  Who were some of the most impressive dogs you have seen and would love to feed!!

2.  Now that you have seen Studebaker bred to various females.  What do you think are the qualities that he is producing on a consistent basis??

3.  In your opinion, who is the best Studebaker offspring??

4.  If you could breed Studebaker any female in the breed, who would it be??

5.  You have been involved with AB's for quite some time now.  How would you compare what you started with, to what you have now??  Do you like the progression??  Are the dogs better today??

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j114/churchiller/AdobeIllustratorCCScreenSnapz043.jpg

Board footera