Photobucket

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/08/2012 8:10 am  #1

Not bad for a Bully or any breed....

The pit attitude can be found in some of these bullies but u gotta look for it and lock it in....
Which I don't think it's hard to do at all....

Dio
  dpa777@gmail.com

5/10/2012 6:36 pm  #2

Re: Not bad for a Bully or any breed....

Great vid... Your right D its not hard to lock it in if you got the right dogs...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

5/11/2012 12:06 am  #3

Jessie wrote:

Dip,
That locks tight, and was always the demise.   Locking in one place can hurt depending on the place. Lock and drop ect. I know I am asking a lot, will you please define the pit attitude?

Questions, answers and opinions is what we are here for lol
By locking in I meant breeding dogs for a desirable trait such as pit  attitude
After dog fighting became illegal in U.S. Most pits were not being bred for fighting or any type of work or sport
Most pitbulls kept a look but the real performance traits were not a big focus for most breeders

These days you have American Bullies which are mostly bred to be nothing more than a companion
Pits are way more drivey and functional than American Bullies
but because there is pitbull blood in American Bullies, sometimes an American Bully breeding will once again produce a more driven dog similar to a pitbull

To me the pitbull attitude is very energetic, very intelligent, sometimes cynical, tenacious, courageous, extremely eager to please owner, has a strong bite, jumps high, climbs trees just a very happy confident dog

For some people the pit attitude is a dog that likes to fight
I don't fight dogs and would not test a dog for fighting
IMO,  dogmen that fought dogs looked for the dogs eagerness to please it's owner
And that's one of the reasons dogs would fight....because the owner wanted that

But for me the pitbull attitude is what sets them apart from other dogs....mainly it's eagerness to please owner....

Dio
  dpa777@gmail.com

5/11/2012 12:10 am  #4

Uncle Ish wrote:

Great vid... Your right D its not hard to lock it in if you got the right dogs...

Thanks Ish.....hopefully more breeders start locking it in.....it's fun to see those muscle bound freaks perform HARD!!!!

Dio
  dpa777@gmail.com

5/12/2012 9:31 pm  #5

I`m gonna try to lock it in cuz... I love these bullies...

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

5/14/2012 1:21 pm  #6

Uncle Ish wrote:

I`m gonna try to lock it in cuz... I love these bullies...

American Bullies are a brand new breed and lots of ignorance has overtaken the breed...
However, these days I see more and more people commenting on health issues and function
I am sure the show dogs there are now will remain but I do see the rise of the functional American Bully in the future and maybe even overtaking what the fad is today....big egos will reject their program once they see a functional bully do their thing and theirs just standing there looking lazy and unhealthy
ABKC and other bully registries are now adding weight pull and hangtime in shows

Dio
  dpa777@gmail.com

6/20/2012 7:27 pm  #7

Jessie
I shared this video to show an example of what most bullies cannot do...
I dare not compare American Bullies with APBTs....they are different breeds at this point
What I AM pointing out is that the American Bully in video was born with this ability BECAUSE it has APBT somewhere in pedigree in its blood
IMO a dogs desire to lock bite, hang and shake is an indication of gameness
Gameness, eagerness to please and physical ability are some of the traits that set the APBT apart
Some won't agree with my next statement but IMO....gameness is not a trait that only APBTs have, NOONE created this out of thin air by selective breeding....other breeds have gameness too although not as much and not with the same physical abilities that the APBTs were bred for....
Like I have said before, I really have no use for dog aggression....DA is the one trait I dont want in excess...all breeds have dog aggressive dogs but to a lesser extent...

The traits that I appreciate in APBTs that American Bullies can be bred for are: eagerness to please, strong drive, physical abilities, confidence and also the bond they create with owners....sometimes the toughest dogs have the most love to give..

Testing for gameness??? IMO (and I hate to say it because I don't like dog fighting) the best way to test for gameness is inside the PIT with the RIGHT dogs....second best is wild boar hunting....and after that, testing for sports like hangtime, tug of war, sprinting, weightpull etc...

Dio
  dpa777@gmail.com

Board footera