Photobucket

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/31/2012 7:53 am  #26

Re: ****JEFF DAILY "HOT SEAT" VOL.2 ITS SHOW-TIME WE ARE LIVE****

Jeff,

What drew you to the AB?
Did you own or breed other dogs prior to getting into AB's?
Years ago I asked and you said that it wasn't until your 3rd gen that you began seeing some progress in your line. Was there a dog prior to that, that was an ideal dog in temp/type that you had as a goal?
With regard the ich issue, you do understand that it doesn't have to be physically manifested for a dog to be a carrier and pass it on right?
With regards to health, what is the biggest issue you've had to overcome with your line and outside your line what is the biggest health issue you see?

Last edited by TailUp-Bullies (7/31/2012 7:57 am)

7/31/2012 8:07 am  #27

1)  I don't believe in PH anymore hence I don't post the past reports.   I do my own x-rays with my vet.   If you want to do it..... go for it but I would definitely look at the hip conformation and the socket coverage.  I see this all the time people use PH as a sales tool for their dog..........the dog has a tight PH but it has terrible conformation and movement and a crappy temperment too boot but it is breedable in their eyes because it has a passing PH report. 

2) Mortisha looked great but could not breathe........again what good is a good looking dog that can't breathe.  The problem was she had too much muscle and when she heat up, the muscle also heated up and then she could not cool herself down.........looks great, just not funtional.   My dogs have always have had an upside down "v" in their chest and so do alot of other breeder's dogs that don't have jaque blood in them............I have had alot of tight skinned dogs over the years.........people just pick and choose what they want to see.  I see nothing on Vito's yard that I would want to use.   I will be working with Rick Shaw, Big Lou and Josh Ball in the future, to continue producing the best American Bulldogs I can.

3) I think temperment is paramount in the American Bulldog..........you have to have the correct tempement.......to me that is what defines a bulldog.   Next is structure or conformation ...........without it .............you don't have the correct movemnt for the function you want the dog to do.   Go see the dogs in person, physically look at them and interact with them.   The trend I am seeing when I was going to shows is overall the dogs were getting smaller and finer boned.   Breeders using 50-70 lbs dogs  are downsizeing  these dogs at an alarming rate........we are going from a medium-large breed to a medium breed.  My standard within my line is Iwould like to see my males 22.5" - 24.5" tall and 90 -110 lbs.   I would like to see my females 21.5" - 23.5" tall and 75-95 lbs.

"You can hype a questionable dog for a little while, but you will never build an enduring bloodline."
http://www.daileysamericanbulldogs.com/
ABRA BREEDER OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2011

7/31/2012 8:19 am  #28

In 1987, I got a magzine that had American breeds in it, their was a Johnson dog in there and I was hooked........did some research and got my first dog in 1990.   I had Rotts in the 1980's and when I was a kid, I had an uncle that had pits and I he gave me one.  Tug O' War has always ben up there.   Yes, I understand it takes two carriers to produce "ich" but not to produce a carrier.   Biggest issue for me........was breathing and stamina, it is getting alot better but still working on it..............as a breeder there is always something to work on...........there is no perfect dog.

"You can hype a questionable dog for a little while, but you will never build an enduring bloodline."

7/31/2012 9:56 am  #29

Congrats on Still being relevant and Producing Some Nice dogs. I beleive you answered most the questions Pretty well. I think the Braveheart /Dailey as well as the PH questions have become pretty redundant and it's def. beating a dead horse. I think they were a waste of  questions to ask. The rest weren't so bad. It is reassuring to know I'm not the only one who notices this trend in Screwed up front ends and short necks becoming popular and I beleive that is bad for the breed, but to each his own.

Last edited by Lost Bloodline (7/31/2012 9:58 am)

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b637/NickLew83/received_775358079199861_zpsxwt1icfd.jpeg

7/31/2012 10:17 am  #30

I feel like cheating... and not going through ISH. 

Jeff what positive characteristics and attributes are you currently producing regularly in your dogs that you struggled to produce a decade ago?

Where have you seen the most improvement? And touch on how you got there.

7/31/2012 11:39 am  #31

The temperments are better......I don't have as many shy ones.   My type is locked down, 13 generations deep.    Stamina is getting much better but still working on it.  With any improvements it is all about selection, your sort.  You either have to keep all your production back or you better sharpen you skills on evaluating  pups..........most breeders never get it or get tried and give up.

7/31/2012 12:02 pm  #32

Jeff Daily you took it all in stride and some extra questions to boot... you are OFF the hot seat... there were some difficult questions in this hot seat... you earned a new nick name: Big Daddy Cool Daily... B.D.C.D FOR SHORT...LMBO... 

Should we try to push for a VOL.3 in the future???

Uncle Ish

"Your humble servant"

7/31/2012 12:27 pm  #33

Jeff, i've heard Vito say a lot of negative things about both Red Head Ruffian's and Ring of Fire's temperaments.? I think you Co-owned her or somethin like that with Steve, and I think you even? bred her once. ? She was the dog of he year a few years ago and i'm curious why you didn't use a dog of her quality more.?  Vito also stated that Ring of Fire had a shaky temperament and his bit Steve a few times.? You bred him and he was the pick of litter pup, did his temperament questions keep you from using him, and if not why didn't you use him in your program?  Seriously not trying to be a jerk, but i'm a big fan of the Mustandg Pete line, and i'm trying to gain as much knowledge of the dogs down from it as I can, so I figure why not just ask Jeff Dailey?

Last edited by Lost Bloodline (7/31/2012 12:29 pm)

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b637/NickLew83/received_775358079199861_zpsxwt1icfd.jpeg

7/31/2012 12:41 pm  #34

Thanks, Ish and I would be up for Volume III in the future.

Lost Bloodlines people say alot of things about other people when they are mad.........nothing new about that.............could Red-Headed Ruffian's temperment better IMO yes, she could have been more out going...........Ring of Fire was never the pick of the litter.........I don't know where you got that info but it is completely false..........when you let a pup bite you as a pup...........it is going to bite you when it is an adult.  For the record, the only time I would forgive a bite from one of my adults is when I was breaking up a dog fight.......other than that it would not be tolerated.

Jeff

7/31/2012 2:55 pm  #35

Lost Bloodline wrote:

Jeff, i've heard Vito say a lot of negative things about both Red Head Ruffian's and Ring of Fire's temperaments.? I think you Co-owned her or somethin like that with Steve, and I think you even? bred her once. ? She was the dog of he year a few years ago and i'm curious why you didn't use a dog of her quality more.?  Vito also stated that Ring of Fire had a shaky temperament and his bit Steve a few times.? You bred him and he was the pick of litter pup, did his temperament questions keep you from using him, and if not why didn't you use him in your program?  Seriously not trying to be a jerk, but i'm a big fan of the Mustandg Pete line, and i'm trying to gain as much knowledge of the dogs down from it as I can, so I figure why not just ask Jeff Dailey?

LB  could you find  & bring to the top , copy and paste that thread where I said anything like that about Red Head Ruffian or Ring of Fire ,Pete?

Flaco erased it from this board , along with other posts I've posted over the years on this board.........can you think of a reason why someone would do anything that slimmy, as a Moderator????

Oh and Syphis is doing great, he is a great dog.

Oh Oh  and lastly remember that post you said something about, watch my back, insiuating there is a conspiracy against me coming?????Jeff Daily tried to warn me of the samething.......I thought you both were nuts, can you explain why you tried to warn me ? why would you say that?

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/winter2012/websize/Paragon%20-%20The%20Dark%20Legacy%20-%20Front-1.jpg

Love off

7/31/2012 3:47 pm  #36

Jeff, I'd have to say, that I believe the ship has sailed on the days of one standard, one ring and one unified breed. The old timers warned us that unless all the infighting stopped the breed would be lost. Thankfully, I don't think that happened...the original type just has a lot of company now, at both ends of the spectrum. I just don't think any person or group of people has the clout or influence to make that happen? Don't know if it really matters anyway... Folks can't agree on a look or type of work, if any the AB should do. I guess the people in this breed are too obstinate to train and too independent to tame. On the bright side, there's plenty of variety to choose from and fight about!

7/31/2012 3:56 pm  #37

BHB wrote:

Lost Bloodline wrote:

LB  could you find  & bring to the top , copy and paste that thread where I said anything like that about Red Head Ruffian or Ring of Fire ,Pete?

Flaco erased it from this board , along with other posts I've posted over the years on this board.........can you think of a reason why someone would do anything that slimmy, as a Moderator????

Oh Oh  and lastly remember that post you said something about, watch my back, insiuating there is a conspiracy against me coming?????Jeff Daily tried to warn me of the samething.......I thought you both were nuts, can you explain why you tried to warn me ? why would you say that?

http://photos.imageevent.com/voodooambull/winter2012/websize/Paragon%20-%20The%20Dark%20Legacy%20-%20Front-1.jpg

Seriously ?

Do you Really wanna know??

Can You Handle the Truth???

7/31/2012 4:19 pm  #38

Lost Bloodline wrote:

BHB wrote:

Lost Bloodline wrote:

Seriously ?

Do you Really wanna know??

Can You Handle the Truth???

Yes I can handle anthing

Love off

7/31/2012 4:44 pm  #39

DAILEY, I DO NOT KNOW YOU. THIS SACK VITO . I KNOW YOU. GET REAL. CIRCLES is your new name REGISTER IT!

BHB wrote:

Uncle Ish wrote:

Alright here is your first set Jeff:

1. Could it just be that luck has a played a major role in your program? Being that your HUB dog Tug was purchased sight unseen you make it seem like you selected for Tug when he was a "blind buy"???

2. What really goes into your selection process besides cosmetics??? Lets be honest this is a working breed and there arent many working Daily dogs out and its obvious you dont really care about ability just show ribbons, are you OK with breeding king sized puppy fat English Bulldogs???

3. The recent drop in the bulldog stock market for "Game Changers" has really been good for Daily American Bulldogs your stock is on the "up-tick" from the downer you been through the last couple of years... real talk... what will you do to TRY and stay on top this go round???[/

3. The recent drop in the bulldog stock market for "Game Changers" has really been good for Daily American Bulldogs your stock is on the "up-tick" from the downer you been through the last couple of years... real talk... what will you do to TRY and stay on top this go round???

Whao????  Recent drop????? WTF are you talking about.

First of all in the last 8 months I have done Jaqcology breeding  , Not one Game Changer breeding....so how has the market dropped when I haven't had any Game Changer litters????? I have 6 deposits on Game Changer litters, all wanting heavy Black dogs........I just did  two Game Changer breeding if they took it will be later Aug.....

the last 4 litters I've produced have been Jaqcology breeding, not ever trying to produce bully dogs

Nov 2011 - Inbred Jaqc litter......Placed every pup, never wanted to sell any.

Dec 2011- BMJ to Boudca , a Half and Half, Perf Standard x BH bitch.... 6 pups sold , placed one that is co-own, and just culled one to a pet home.

Jan 2012  Red x Kat Von D .....Hybred Out cross litter......sold 6 pups, kept two

March 2012 Red x Supra.......Double Jaqc, Hybred Jaqc Grandson to Jaqc daughter.....Sold 6 , 2 keepers, and two I have forsale.

None of these litters are my  typical Game Changer breeding.....they were hybred to nearly Standard litters done for me, not  for $$$$$

I just Bred Picasso to Frida his Aunt = 75% Game Changer 25% Blue son x Bullistic Daughter

Then Picasso to Tazue...... Game Changer back to Double Bullistic grand daughter.

Just because someone says something doesn't make it true.  Game Changers are very much alive and very much in demand........I get nothing but constant demand for Huggy , Gaucho type pups........I just had outcross/Jaqcology project litters the last 8 months..........I did these breedings for me , I knew it is not what people come to me for......
People want Gaucho , Huggy, Syphis, Butters type pups....great structure, crazy muscle, tight wrapped package.

the market hasn't dropped I just haven't been producing that type pup in 8 months.

Ilove this dog, I thank my buddy Big Lou for him all the time, but he isn't exactly the Game Changer Bully Type, he is Hybred looking....... Bully people want Bully pups, not Hybred.  my goal is to improve breathing and function, that is why I did those breedings not for puppy sale

http://cdn.pedigreedatabase.com/american_bulldog/pictures/1242424.jpg

7/31/2012 4:48 pm  #40

BHB wrote:

Lost Bloodline wrote:

lol...youre a pathetic LONELY old man vito..........You come on here acting as if you never did ANYTHING wrong.........remember it was YOU that came at me when you were told that EVERYBODY would be UNBANNED..........ever since you been coming at me like an ANGRY SCORNED WOMAN..........so i disagreed and STILL disagree with your choice as a judge......i got over it you should to.......now youre gonna hate me for the rest of your MISERABLE ,LONELY LIFE cause you think i did something bad against you ? vito i can ASSURE you that i NEVER think of you at ALL..........youre NOTHING to me........for godsakes youre a dog breeder NOTHING MORE..........if you think im going to allow you to come on here and CONSTANTLY bash me you're wrong...........remember it was YOU that trshed this board and its mods and ish.........from me to irongrid to ish we were all assholes remember ? now that youre not wanted ANYWHERE you try to come back here and come at me ? lol thats just a PATHETIC move from your part............i STILL think you suck as a judge but do i CONTINUE to bash you ? i dont even think of you ol man.........this board has move forward in ways it would have NEVER done if you were still running this show.........we dont need you so stop trying to come on here just cause its your last place to be at.........what happend to your protege? why does he not want ANY part of you? cause though he's a bigheaded prick YOU managed to beat him lol............vito i just wish you were different bro.........to bad youre just a lonlely,old man whos got nothing going for himself but his dogs.........i truly pitty you.........if you were ANY type of man you'd of called me and asked me any questions and we could have settled this like MEN...........heres my number.............though i KNOW you wont grow the pair to call ill throw it ANYWAY.........(786) 227-8454.......call if you have the cojones and talk like a grown man

I'D RATHER DIE LIKE A MAN THAN LIVE LIKE A COWARD.....

7/31/2012 4:54 pm  #41

FLACCOO AND CIRCLES. WHAT A TURD CHILD YOU TWO COULD MAKE !  HAVE FUN!

SHOW BOUND BULLIES wrote:

BHB wrote:

Lost Bloodline wrote:

lol...youre a pathetic LONELY old man vito..........You come on here acting as if you never did ANYTHING wrong.........remember it was YOU that came at me when you were told that EVERYBODY would be UNBANNED..........ever since you been coming at me like an ANGRY SCORNED WOMAN..........so i disagreed and STILL disagree with your choice as a judge......i got over it you should to.......now youre gonna hate me for the rest of your MISERABLE ,LONELY LIFE cause you think i did something bad against you ? vito i can ASSURE you that i NEVER think of you at ALL..........youre NOTHING to me........for godsakes youre a dog breeder NOTHING MORE..........if you think im going to allow you to come on here and CONSTANTLY bash me you're wrong...........remember it was YOU that trshed this board and its mods and ish.........from me to irongrid to ish we were all assholes remember ? now that youre not wanted ANYWHERE you try to come back here and come at me ? lol thats just a PATHETIC move from your part............i STILL think you suck as a judge but do i CONTINUE to bash you ? i dont even think of you ol man.........this board has move forward in ways it would have NEVER done if you were still running this show.........we dont need you so stop trying to come on here just cause its your last place to be at.........what happend to your protege? why does he not want ANY part of you? cause though he's a bigheaded prick YOU managed to beat him lol............vito i just wish you were different bro.........to bad youre just a lonlely,old man whos got nothing going for himself but his dogs.........i truly pitty you.........if you were ANY type of man you'd of called me and asked me any questions and we could have settled this like MEN...........heres my number.............though i KNOW you wont grow the pair to call ill throw it ANYWAY.........(786) 227-8454.......call if you have the cojones and talk like a grown man

7/31/2012 4:56 pm  #42

jgm-nc,  I was stating the breed split more as a reference point..........75% of the people in the breed now didin't even know what an American Bulldogs 15 years ago.........the point was to show people how much the breed has changed in a short time..........just trying to educate.

Jeff

7/31/2012 9:01 pm  #43

Of all the dogs you produced...if there was a male you could have put back semen one which dog would it had been and why?

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss99/Bulldog_Mike/PerryBanner-1.jpg

7/31/2012 9:06 pm  #44

Mike, I don't collect semen........if I have to depend on  frozen semen from a dead dog,  to bail out my breeding program..........I should be doing something else..........that's just how I am wired.........I don't use a net.

Jeff

7/31/2012 10:38 pm  #45

DAILEY wrote:

I don't collect semen........if I have to depend on  frozen semen from a dead dog,  to bail out my breeding program..........I should be doing something else..........

Jeff

The best post I have read on any board.

8/01/2012 6:15 am  #46

SHOW BOUND BULLIES wrote:

BHB wrote:

Lost Bloodline wrote:

why did you erase Thia's thread? you grimmy little Ferret.......call you ????I'd rather stab myself in the head with a butter knife than to speak another word to such a little grimmy mealy mouth prick like you.

I never said any such thing to Ish or Barbie...........Flaco your the court gester of assholes, birds of a feather flock together. See ya soon Flaco

Love off

8/01/2012 9:10 am  #47

DAILEY wrote:

Mike, I don't collect semen........if I have to depend on  frozen semen from a dead dog,  to bail out my breeding program..........I should be doing something else..........that's just how I am wired.........I don't use a net.

Jeff

I can respect your POV Jeff, makes complete sense for your program......but I don't think using frozen semen in all situations can be considered a bail out but to each it's own....thanks for the reply

http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss99/Bulldog_Mike/PerryBanner-1.jpg

Last edited by Mike Perry (8/01/2012 9:16 am)

5/29/2015 1:14 pm  #48

Щелевидный зрачок то сужался, то увеличивался, и казалось, что происходит это не от освещения, а по прихоти самого животного. Это наши вертолеты, черт меня побери! 

Не хочу без тебя, а ты старше. Берриалба почесал кончик носа и вздохнул. 

Поставь миску на пол! Он с удивлением уставился на приятеля, лежащего на земле. Внутри все было точно так же, как и много лет назад. 

Из чего состоит руководство? Алина мне в этом поможет, вернее, она все сделает за меня. 

Собственно, это были не маски, а головные уборы, изображающие морды зверей и птиц. Все его возражения я длинной малоцензурной речью пресекла. Что здесь может не нравиться? Он пытался проследить их до конкретных источников.

Board footera